• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where have you been! Your old internet communities.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Assuming that anyone reading this is currently a PC regular, or at least a regular lurker, was PC your one and only love on the internet?

Which other communities have you been a part of, that no longer exist? Perhaps we'll find some long-lost followers here!

My ex-community list isn't toooo long:

Sims2Community / modthesims2
    Simvention
    cantrememberwhatthegamewascalled.com
    Dailybooth

Any matches? Any new ones? :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I only started foruming when I was just turning 18 years old. Sounds like a pretty old age, but growing up with strict parents...ya know. xD

The first actual forum I joined was actually a weather forum, where you can talk about meteorology, weather, and all that fun stuff! It's also that very place where I met our very own C&T moderator, seven years ago. A couple or so years later that community's members started to lose interest and moved on to different places. Zach and I also moved on as well.

Then, I moved on to another forum based on my favorite gaming series, Syphon Filter. Sadly I didn't last long in that forum seeing that it's just SO INACTIVE.

I kept coming back to TWCT (the old forum I mentioned earlier), but it wasn't the same anymore. I'd post 20 or so times a day, but then I'd post like...1 or 2. No new threads were being made. So I left abruptly. Today, I do visit every now and again to relive those moments where we "baited the trolls" or annoying the mods with our backseat modding skills. I think we all tried to make that forum a better place. It still is, but right now my true place is right here on PC.

Years
  • I started out with a forum called The Game Homepage back in 2010, where I also went as User 101. I was a terrible member, receiving a week-long ban and 6 infractions before I asked to be permanently banned mid-2011. I picked a good time to be perma-banned, as the site's activity slowly declined during 2011, and became overrun by spambots. Now The Game Homepage is a complete ghost town, except for the one spambot that still posts a thread every day.

After leaving The Game Homepage, I decided I needed a new forum. So I went to Mario Wiki's forums, where I was again known as User 101. The majority of my posts there were of course in Forum Games. I guess I got bored, and left in 2012.

I created an alternate account on The Game Homepage shortly after my perma-ban, because I couldn't leave that place. I left again in December of 2011, and came back in June of 2012. I posted a little bit, and left again until June of 2013, where I posted quite a bit more. The Game Homepage became inaccessible for months, which is why I left again. Anytime I would remember The Game Homepage, it would still be down. But, in June of 2014, I came back, and the site was up. So I ended up spending the majority of my summer there, even though no one posted. I decided I needed another, new forum, so I joined Victory Road in late July, again as User 101. That site wasn't very active, so I left again.

I needed a new, active forum. So I thought, and I remembered, hey, what about that one Pokemon site that I went to after watching a Blaze Black video? I don't know how I remembered the name PokeCommunity, but I did. I immediately joined, and alas, here I am!

Years
  • I used to be part of SMWcentral, the main place for resources for hacking Super Mario World. I occasionally pop back on their IRC channel but it's been a long time since I've even done that. I made quite a negative name for myself back then. But meh it's been years since I even looked at their forums.

Years
  • Simtropolis
    Sim City Central
    SimVision
    Simphoni
    WorldSims
    Sporeum

And I think that's it for older hangouts I no longer frequent. All last visited regularly in 2010 or earlier.

There are a few sites I visited in my formative years that I still frequent though.

Years
  • I used to attend Smogon before they were redesigned later in my time with them. And there was another Pokémon site called Pokérealm, but the style I was used to with that went defunct and I didn't really come back. And there was a Yugioh site I attended for a couple years, but I don't know what since has happened to them.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The only other forum I was active in was SkyrimForums.org, where I go by my first name Karen.

I know a user called Phantom here is/was also an active member of SF - before she changed her username to just Phantom, she used something like 'PhantomX990' on both sites, and that's how I knew it was her. SkyrimForums has a shoutbox to the side, and one time I was online I noticed she was also online here, and I asked 'are you on PC right now?' which kinda freaked her out since she had no idea who I was, but it was funny. :P

And I was also on BellTreeForums.com when I was really into Animal Crossing, but only for the trades and info as I never really clicked with the community. Not that they're not nice, just kinda boring. Also roped Sgt.Dustmop into joining with me.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • GBAtemp - mainly console hacking and video gaming
    Polkemon Mysidia
    Zephyr Forums - still Pokemon related
    EGC

last 3 actually died off (pressed F to pay respects) which is a shame as I've only been a member in the last 2 for less than a year. ;(

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I got on forum when I was maybe 13 years old or something like that. I did RPG and graphism forum mostly. I got on too many forum to remember them all.

I stopped for years, and I found Jurabetta, a french forum for betta (fish) owner/breeder etc.

Years
  • I only started foruming when I was just turning 18 years old. Sounds like a pretty old age, but growing up with strict parents...ya know. xD

The first actual forum I joined was actually a weather forum, where you can talk about meteorology, weather, and all that fun stuff! It's also that very place where I met our very own C&T moderator, seven years ago. A couple or so years later that community's members started to lose interest and moved on to different places. Zach and I also moved on as well.

Then, I moved on to another forum based on my favorite gaming series, Syphon Filter. Sadly I didn't last long in that forum seeing that it's just SO INACTIVE.

I kept coming back to TWCT (the old forum I mentioned earlier), but it wasn't the same anymore. I'd post 20 or so times a day, but then I'd post like...1 or 2. No new threads were being made. So I left abruptly. Today, I do visit every now and again to relive those moments where we "baited the trolls" or annoying the mods with our backseat modding skills. I think we all tried to make that forum a better place. It still is, but right now my true place is right here on PC.
    Megan pretty much summarized my past forum life, although I joined said forum a few months before she did, and we met after she joined. :P

I began using forums when I was 13 years old, and that was a very rough start. I was very childish in my early online life so much that I can't even look back on it. I was suspended from one forum for accumulating warnings, but that was because I had my age unknown at the time as well probably.

By the way, Megan and I didn't even know we had PC accounts until after I saw her on here, and told her I was a member here. She didn't know beforehand that I was a member here at all! xD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Whoaaa @Zack/Megan - that's pretty cray! What are the chances of that XD. Completely different types of websites too.

@Don - We were almost in the same circles, by the looks of it!

Looks like we've got a lot of people from other pokemon communities. This was my first :<, and only really.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I had a short stint of lurking/occasionally posting in the GameFAQs Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions message board. Aside from that, I have not actively participated in another forum aside from PC. I still lurk around Smogon, Minecraft forums, and reddit though.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    And I was also on BellTreeForums.com when I was really into Animal Crossing, but only for the trades and info as I never really clicked with the community. Not that they're not nice, just kinda boring. Also roped Sgt.Dustmop into joining with me.

You have ashwinti in your Steam friends. You should know the community isn't boring. :P

In regards to the thread, that's all I've ever really been active on other than PC: The Bell Tree forums.
    I've had a SomethingAwful account for about 4 years now - and lurked for some odd years before that when you actually could for free - but I don't post frequently enough there. I don't even remember what name I have on there right now, it's been so long since I've seen it, haha.

Years
  • @Don - We were almost in the same circles, by the looks of it!

I was pretty much exclusively on most of those communities for Sim City 4, though, haha.

I forgot to mention that I'm a regular over at Xpert Eleven and have been for over 7 years. I also frequent /r/nfl, /r/nba, /r/hockey, /r/cfb, /r/talesfromtechsupport, /r/anime, /r/manga, /r/baseball, /r/minnesota, /r/pokemon, /r/collegebasketball, /r/simcity, /r/simcity4, and /r/collegehockey over on Reddit with some regularity.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    You have ashwinti in your Steam friends. You should know the community isn't boring. :P

Is that where they're from? I don't even remember lol.

I dunno, I guess I only spent time in the actual Animal Crossing Discussion parts of the forum and not general chats or anything, and I mean, there's only so much you can talk about in topics like 'who's your favorite villager' or 'what's your favorite furniture set'. :P

probono

Angel's Light, That Beams Beyond the Spheres
    Years
  • narutoforums

i still frequent it since i met a good number of friends there, but i hold no love for the series anymore. haven't for years

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I remember many many years ago, one of the first forums I joined was the Zonic Zone Forums, and then I met some friends there that made thier own forums, and I joined them to... when I eventually go into Pokemon, around the beginning of Gen 4, I joined up over on.. I wanna say it was PE2k? and I looked around and found this place and abandoned PE2k cuz it was getting to nutty for me there.

And that's pretty much it. at some point when SZF died out, I eventually came across SSMB, where I still go.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    PC was the first ever forum that I have ever joined.

I've gotten here initially back in 2006 or so (which was almost a decade ago) to download some ROM hacking tools and resources, and have had some plans to share my work eventually. However, I had wound up losing interest and motivation on my hack as time moved forward, and left PokéCommunity alongside that.

Then, I'd joined another Pokémon forum with name of The Pokémon World (which was much, much more small than this), and found myself hanging around every now and again due to me finally discovering the fun of foruming (not a word, but we get what I mean, haha). Afterward, I'd signed-up for some Mega-Man board, a Yu-Gi-Oh one, and fast-forward a couple of years, I found myself getting back into PC. Now, here I am!

PC was the first ever forum that I have ever joined.

I've gotten here initially back in 2006 or so (which was almost a decade ago) to download some ROM hacking tools and resources, and have had some plans to share my work eventually. However, I had wound up losing interest and motivation on my hack as time moved forward, and left PokéCommunity alongside that.

Then, I'd joined another Pokémon forum with name of The Pokémon World (which was much, much more small than this), and found myself hanging around every now and again due to me finally discovering the fun of foruming (not a word, but we get what I mean, haha). Afterward, I'd signed-up for some Mega-Man board, a Yu-Gi-Oh one, and fast-forward a couple of years, I found myself getting back into PC. Now, here I am!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Stickcricket.com community(my first English language message board) https://web.archive.org/web/20050127042214/http://www.stickcricket.com/forum/
    boards.theforce.net their move took ages . They used to be hosted by ign with all their great colour schemes and changing board headers, then they were kicked off ign and took abut a year to move. https://web.archive.org/web/20050906183321/http://boards.theforce.net/
    my first one( funonline.de) was a chat community that existed until 2002/3 ish. you had a profile, several chatroom and a message board. https://web.archive.org/web/2000030.../index.htm&sessionid=lurker&nh=0&frameset=yes
    I was using myspace, and even dabbled in css for my profile page.
    I am still on livejournal. am on facebook since 2008(i started uni then) , twitter,
    I am the same age as filb (buoysel)of filb.de and was there for rom hacking . It had the problem with a server dispute and was down for a year or so , so everyone ventured out to other boards. I actually came to pokecommunity as I had outgrown the user demographics at filb.de of today. (especially the oekaki there, full of snobby i draw better than you kids)
    plus a couple of boards that i am on currently.(family, and female matters) and some I had been on more regularly(some still boards still active, some now defunct)

Back