• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Gen 1 Pokedex done?

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
  • Naa~ still empty..i'm not very interested completing pokedex in old version..

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Ironically enough gen 1 is the only game that I completed the dex. And it really wasn't worth the effort either unfortunately. My brother and I each had a friend over, we had 4 gameboys, 2 red version, 2 blue, 2 link cables. About 100 trades and a bunch of reset games later (and a bunch of Rattata used for trade fodder), we finally had a situation where we could all complete the pokedex. And the one guy who didn't reset his game (the oldest guy, surprise surprise) had the full pokedex, so time to collect his Mew, right? Wrong, he just got a crappy diploma that you can apparently print with a gameboy printer. Lame.

And about a month later we find out about the cloning glitch. Damn that was a wasted afternoon, LOL.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I completed it in Red, but I didn't do so until after my Gold and Crystal died, so it was my second completed dex (Gold was first). It was tougher than I had expected, as I had traded a bunch of Pokemon that I would have liked to evolve to Gold (and then lost them when that game died), but I was glad I did it.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • Nope, never finished it and never will XD I have no intention of even trying to finish it. I just pick the ones I think would be fun to use and just go with that :P

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I can remember being very, very close to completing my Pokedex on Blue version when I was young; possibly only four or five Pokemon away from 150/150 (this was in the days before the Mew glitch was common knowledge), and my save got wiped. I was devastated :(

That's the closest i've ever came because I kept starting up new saves and could never muster the patience to try and complete my 'dex.

Back