• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Beach Challenge

Years
  • The Beach Challenge

With school coming to an end and the weather getting nice and hot again, I figured, why not kick off the spring/summer weather with a challenge based around the beach!

Rules:

-There is no hacking or trading in Pokemon. There should always be a Pokemon that is available for you.
    -HM Slaves are allowed, only if there is no possible way any of your Pokemon can use that HM. You can only use that Pokemon for the purpose of the HM. Absolutely no battling.
    -No Legendaries
    -Have a Blast

The game is over once you defeat:
    Kanto: Blue (Rival)
    Johto: Red
    Hoenn: Steven (R/S), Wallace (E)
    Sinnoh: Cynthia
    Unova: Ghetsis
    Unova 2: Iris
    Kalos: AZ

Pokemon Requirements:

Pokemon #1: The Pelican
    This Pokemon must act as your Water/Flying Type. If you can get a Wingull and Pelipper, that must be your Pokemon of choice. If not your other options are the other Water/Flying Types.
    Gyrados, Ducklet/Swanna or Mantyke/Mantine

Pokemon #2: The Fish
    You can choose any Pokemon that is a fish in some way or another. If it's not directly a fish, shoot me a PM or something and I'll see if it can be approved.

Pokemon #3: The Sand Plants
    On a beach, plants have powerful roots that hold the dunes intact. You must use a Grass-type Pokemon with the move ingrain.
    Here is the list of Pokemon that can learn it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ingrain_(move)

Pokemon #4: The Dog
    People take their dogs to the beach all the time. This Pokemon must be dog based. I just copied a list. If there's any more, feel free to add them.
    Spoiler:

Pokemon #5 - The Human
    People play at the beach all the time! This Pokemon must resemble a person.
    Here's a list provided by Neoseeker. http://pokemon.neoseeker.com/wiki/Human-Like

Pokemon #6 - Playing in the Sand
    We all love to play in the sand when we go to the beach. This is for Pokemon who can learn Sand Attack by leveling up only! Here is a list provided by Bulbapedia http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sand_Attack_(move)

RAFFLE:

Anyone who completes this challenge before June 1st will be put in a Raffle to win a Shiny Wingull or Pelipper. This Pokemon has been provided by Kitkat987!

Sign-Up:
    Name:
    Game:

My Sign-Up:
    Name: -Yoshi-
    Game: Emerald

Challengers:
    Kanto:
    Johto:
    Hoenn: -Yoshi-
    Sinnoh:
    Unova:
    Kalos:

Champions:
    Kanto:
    Johto:
    Hoenn:
    Sinnoh:
    Unova:
    Kalos:

Years
  • Pokemon #3: The Sand Plants
    On a beach, plants have powerful roots that hold the dunes intact. You must use a Grass-type Pokemon with the move ingrain.
    Here is the list of Pokemon that can learn it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ingrain_(move)

Pokemon #4: The Dog
    People take their dogs to the beach all the time. This Pokemon must be dog based. I just copied a list. If there's any more, feel free to add them.
    Spoiler:

[/B][/CENTER][/cd]
    You forgot Furfrou, and the Ingrain link doesn't work. Also, would you mind if I made a list of fish pokemon?

Years
  • Ah.
    Um.
    Okay, that last post there seals it.

We'll do it just because we already made a list of the fish and we feel we should share.

Name:Waters_Echo
    Game: Fire Red
    (we totally actually already started doing this thing but never bothered sighing because we just do things like that sometimes?)

Spoiler:

ignore the +'s and *'s, I forget what those were even for (it might have been the rod required to get them?)(??)(or was it me marking possibilities for fish training)(uh)
    (Garchomp may be a very, very, very debatable shark, though, too?)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ah.
    Um.
    Okay, that last post there seals it.

We'll do it just because we already made a list of the fish and we feel we should share.

Name:Waters_Echo
    Game: Fire Red
    (we totally actually already started doing this thing but never bothered sighing because we just do things

Spoiler:

ignore the +'s and *'s, I forget what those were even for (it might have been the rod required to get them?)(??)

OK, thanks! I PMed OP if Tynamo counts as a fish. Starting the save on my DS as I type this!

Years
  • Well, it's based off of elvers (that is the cutest name for a baby animal ever. Eels are amazing) and the knifefish known as the electric eel?
    And it evolves into lampreys...?
    If the actual specification was "fish found in the ocean", I'd have to dissect my Marine List in cross reference with my Icthiology List, because they're slightly different.
    And then there's the difference between "fish found in ocean", "fish pokemon mentioned to be able to swim in the ocean" and "fish pokemon actively found in the ocean ingame"... *overthinks biology forever*

Aah, I'll grind later, I should go to bed.

Years
  • Would riolu and lucario count as dogs, being jackals? They're the only canids I can think of in DP
    In Platinum you can get eevee and houndour, though.

--
    I'll mention that at the current time we have:
    2 badges
    2 pokemon
    and are about to punch out TR in Pokemon Tower
    --
    We're on a Randomiser update for Moves, Impossible evolutions, Name case and National Dex (nothing actually randomised.) That should be okay, I hope?
    (I need to know because I have a pokemon that requires two of these things to evolve for my planned team)
    (Why did they even make it so you needed national dex to evolve into post-genI pokemon, it's so frustrating)(you want espeon/umbreon/politoed/kingdra/scizor/steelix/belossom/crobat/blissey/slowking pre-League? hahahahahahaNOPE)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Houndour was in the game, Riolu and Lucario are basically dogs, and Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray count as dogs.

In no possible dimension is houndour available in D/P before getting to the E4, and I didn't see the luxray/lucario lines because they weren't on the list.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Despite not being on the list, riolu and lucario are canids, being based off of jackals, and the closest you get to a dog in DP.
    In Platinum, however, you can get the gift eevee (Jolteon, Flareon & Umbreon on the list) and wild houndour.

I'd say luxray line is lions, however, and not in any way canid, so I'm not sure why Pokefan mentioned them?
    I mean, Mightyena is on there, but it's as much based off of wolves (actual canids) as it is hyenas (feliformia)

Last edited:
    Years
  • In no possible dimension is houndour available in D/P before getting to the E4, and I didn't see the luxray/lucario lines because they weren't on the list.

Just looked it up, apparently Houndour was only available before post-game in only Platinum, same with eevee. Don't have Diamond or Pearl, just Platinum, so I didn't know.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Just looked it up, apparently Houndour was only available before post-game in only Platinum, same with eevee. Don't have Diamond or Pearl, just Platinum, so I didn't know.

ehh, it's ok, but the reason I didn't complain about platinum was because I knew houndoor was available. also, now that I think about it, aren't the luxray line cats?

Years
  • ehh, it's ok, but the reason I didn't complain about platinum was because I knew houndoor was available. also, now that I think about it, aren't the luxray line cats?

Yeah, they would fit Tigers more. I guess I was focusing on Dogs, and it looks kind of like a dog, though more of a lion or tiger.

Years
  • Trainer Huntres
    Badges: Boulder, Cascade, -
    Currently: Grinding
    Team:
    Pelican
    Pelican the Gyarados
    53, M, Intimidate, -
    Tackle, rain dance, bite, twister
    Notes:
    I- HPFlying.
    II- Really strong, but probably about time to replace tackle with strength or something. And also perhaps bite and twister, maybe with HP, because he's a physical attacker

Dog
    Parrot the acranine
    53, F, Flash Fire, -
    Bite, extremespeed, flamethrower, odor sleuth
    Notes:
    I- HPFire (I was basically somewhat incredulous at the fact that Pelican and Parrot both had matching HPs. Useful for Pelican, though)
    II- The name is an in-joke, actually

Fish
    Macaroni the seadra
    50, M, Swift Swim, leftovers
    HPIce, smokescreen, bubble, twister
    Notes:
    I- really need a better water move.
    II- I decided to make it a name-theme (birds) and called him 'Penguin', but switched to 'Macaroni', which was actually my first impulse. He's a Macaroni Penguin.

Human
    Grebe the poliwrath
    43, F, Water Absorb, leftovers
    HPFlying, body slam, dig, Hydro Pump (or Brick Break, we don't know yet)
    Notes:
    I- grebes are cute. Grebe is also cute, like her namesake.

Sandcastle
    Sandplant

Back