• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Gen 4 Pokemon

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
The fourth generation of Pokemon is one of my favourite generations of all time. As a result, I've got plenty of favourite Pokemon in this generation.

My personal favourite 4th gen Pokemon are Infernape, Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, Rampardos, Gastrodon, Drifblim, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Skuntank, Spiritomb, Garchomp, Lucario, Drapion, Carnivine, Abomasnow, Weavile, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss, Yanmega, Leafeon, Gliscor, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rotom, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Heatran, Giratina, Cresselia, and Manaphy.

What are your favourite Gen 4 Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Similarly to you, there's a lot of favorite generation four Pokémon for me as well, haha.

First and foremost would have to be Togekiss, which wound up to be one of my all-time favorites in general; in terms of design, it looks pretty unique. There isn't any other Pokémon that is like it. Its entire body seems cloud-like (and also feels, I suppose?), which allows it to float in air without much hassle at all. It could be argued that Altaria is similar, but not entirely.

In terms of battling and whatnot, it's very fun to utilize. Since it's got Serene Grace ability, which, if I'm not mistaken, raises chance of Togekiss' move effects taking place, it's able to take much better advantage of Air Slash, and cause opponent to flinch almost each and every turn, making them unable to hit. Plus, it has access to Thunder Wave, too, and with that, it could lower their chance of striking any hit even further.

Aside from Togekiss, though, some of my other favorites are Lucario (which is also pretty great at battling), Roserade, Yanmega, Honchkrow, and Azelf. All-in-all, I feel that generation four had introduced some great Pokémon to us.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to 4th gen Pokemon, here is the list of my favorites:
Empoleon
Staraptor
Luxray
Rampardos
Floatzel
Gastrodon
Drifblim
Lopunny
Skuntank
Bronzong
Garchomp
Lucario
Hippowdon
Toxicroak
Carnivine
Abomasnow
Magnezone
Rhyperior
Glaceon
Mamoswine
Gallade
Dusknoir
Froslass
Azelf
Dialga
Regigigas
Giratina
Manaphy
Darkrai

Years
My favourites would be: Mothim, (East Sea) Shellos, Rampardos, Chatot, Honchkrow, Skuntank, Leafeon and Uxie :)

All for design purposes, as well as using the majority in my Diamond playthrough (although with Uxie by that stage in the game I just used it for Contests) :) It was really X though that made me appreciate Chatot and Leafeon though, I tried each out for the first time and now they've both been promoted to fave 4th gen pokés cause I loved them that much haha :)

Years
Mamoswine and Roserade, as they're both strong and gave previous Pokémon that were in good wants of an upgrade a new notch.

But if we don't count that, I think Staraptor, as that is one crazy bird in terms of both design and usability. And its cry, too bad that was butchered in XY ): Toxicroak is another one I like quite a bit also.

pkmin3033

There are very few Gen IV Pokemon that I don't like, actually; it's easily my favourite gen. If I had to pick five favourites, though...Bronzong, Bastiodon, Spiritomb, Giratina and Darkrai. I just love their designs <3

Years
Well, 4th Gen is my second best generation, and I have a few favorites soo here goes!:

Infernape
Join :)
Empoleon
Lucario
Roserade
Ambipom
Garchomp
Staraptor!
Croagunk and Toxicroak,
Weavile.
Leafeon,
Mamoswine,
Yanmega,
Dialga.
Darkrai
Last but not least, my all time favourite Pokemon, Gallade! <3

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Empoleon, Honchkrow and Gliscor. x) Pokémon DPPt is to me, the most nostalgic Pokémon game thanks to the sheer memories of using these three guys.

Especially Empoleon. This is the first Pokémon that I owned, and after 7 years, I still have the very same one in X. It has a great type, it has well-balanced stats and its design is so cool. How could anyone say no to a gentlemanly penguin? :D

Honchkrow and Gliscor are, while not as fun to use as Empoleon, still bring back fun memories. Honchkrow is a Pokémon that i didn't get to use much, but his design is awesome. Gliscor became one of my favourites thanks to the anime, and that's saying something because I don't really like the anime. Ash's Gliscor is so cute that I wanted to use one for myself, and the one I used has proven to be really great.

Also, Roserade, Drapion and Torterra are Sinnoh Pokémon that I really like as well. x)

Boured

The Guildmaster
Years
Riolu hands down and he is also my 1 of my 2 #1 favorite Pokemon the other spot is eevee but that does not apply to this

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
While I'd honestly love to say 'omg they're all good', this is a favourites thread. So my top three would be Empoleon, Staraptor and Luxray. I've grown up alongside playing against and with gen 4 pokemon. I've also spent extensive hours trying to train everything that I could get my hands on but in the end, the above three were all ones that have made my journey through Platinum memorable.

Empoleon was the first starter that I'd ever completed a pokemon game with, let alone any video game. Being inexperienced, I played through the whole storyline with Empoleon and legendaries by my side. But mainly penguin stomping. I thought it was the coolest - with the ability to surf, shoot ice beams, have a design that screams 'my trainer is the best' and a lot of other nifty features. Also water/steel. Can't get more hardcore than that. I've conquered the league, beat my rival, gotten the gym badges, defeated legendaries and evil organizations, all with one penguin by my side. And while it's honestly not that hard to do what I've done above, I still respect and love Empoleon for that very reason. :)

Staraptor. My joy, my pride, my everything. The first genius nickname that I had ever thought of. Dinner. Dinner used Fly! Dinner used Brave Bird! Though the name could of been seen as cruel, it was one of the most memorable pokemon I have ever had the pleasure of owning. Also it has the coolest designs out of all the starter birds. get rekt every other gen. :D

And lastly, Luxray. If Empoleon was struggling, Luxray was my team's saving grace. Lets not mention that it also totally makes me give it nicknames that all originate from the show Thundercats. While I honestly haven't used one recently, I also love lions as they've been a part of my life. Whether from Narnia or Harry Potter or whatever, electric lions are also pretty impressive. So go Luxray. :)

While I'll admit there are tons of better Gen 4 pokemon, those were the ones that stood out to me. Although honestly not for design or aesthetic reasons, despite them having really good art. :p

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 13, 2016
These are the ones I have in my team:
Infernape
Lucario
Lopunny
These are the ones I wish I had on my team:
Glaceon
Togekiss
Darkrai

Trickori

A Gen 5 Hipster
Years
My pokemon heroes of gen four are my Staraptor, Luxray, and Empoleon. However I do love Rosarade and Frosslass as well. :)

Back