• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: My Story

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    Hi I just made an account with this site because I have a Pokemon story in the works and I would love to post it and have people read it. Though I just have a question or two...maybe three.

First is it OK if the story I am writing is based off the anime? I mean it has all those characters and I made up a character that I am adding in along with the story. Some of the chapters (I am going to call them episodes) are going to be really close to the show, with just a slight difference of a character and less annoying mistakes from characters. Can i do that?

Second I guess when it comes to the violence rule are you talking about blood and goer?

Lastly is there a max to a thread post count?.....yeah my story is really long...and the chapters are on the longer side too.

Thank you ~_~

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Hey welcome to Pokecommunity CatBountieHunter

If you havent already you should read the rules of the FanFiction and Writing section which is where your story will most likely fit.

The violence rule basically asks you to leave a PG-13 or up warning at the top of your thread or in the title to let the audience know if theres anything that may "scare" or "offend" someone in the thread.

As for it including elements of the anime its completely fine to include Ash, Dawn or other characters as well as other things related to the anime are allowed as far as i know from the rules.

Since all of your story goes on one page i would just post the entire story in one post at the top of your thread as other posts would be for updating the post also if you want you could put spoiler tags around each chapter or section to make it not seem as long.

Im pretty sure i got most of that right haha but thats what i can take from the rules if you got other questions i'd ask the current mod of the section: Bay Alexison.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Spoiler tag? What is that?

When you wrap something in spoiler tags it looks like this:
    Spoiler:

Good for, well, hiding spoilers from those who don't want to be spoiled, as well as other stuff like making long ass posts not take up so much space until clicked, etc.

You do it by surrounding the stuff you wanna put in the spoiler tags with [spoiler][/spoiler]

You can also title them with [spoilertitle=insert spoiler title here](insert stuff here)[/spoilertitle]

Like so:
    Spoiler: this is a video

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'll also add to this bit:
    CatBountieHunter said:
    Lastly is there a max to a thread post count?.....yeah my story is really long...and the chapters are on the longer side too.
    There is not. There is a maximum limit to the number of characters per post, but that's a forum limit. If your chapter is too long for one post (it'd have to be very long then, haha), then you can split it up and post across multiple posts.
    Since all of your story goes on one page i would just post the entire story in one post at the top of your thread as other posts would be for updating the post also if you want you could put spoiler tags around each chapter or section to make it not seem as long.
    Having not looked at your story, CatBountieHunter, if your story has multiple chapters then it's advised to have one post per chapter rather than all in the same post.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    Ah I see thanks Nah.

And bobandbill, I am doing each chapter in a different post, that would be hard to keep track of if you stopped and took a break from reading it and then came back and had to look for your spot. I mean there is no bookmarks here.

Thanks though, this all really helps.

Back