• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Spam Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • I think we need a loosely moderated forum where we can troll and spam until hell freezes over. After all, some of us like to be trolls.

btw @the treehouse: no. a spam forum would be more trollish than the treehouse. like where we can make threads where we laugh at forum members, silly comments/posts and stuff like that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Isn't The Treehouse basically this?

Spam Forum

hole in one ladies and gentlemen

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I think we need a loosely moderated forum where we can troll and spam until hell freezes over. After all, some of us like to be trolls.

btw @the treehouse: no. a spam forum would be more trollish than the treehouse. like where we can make threads where we laugh at forum members, silly comments/posts and stuff like that.

would i be able to post hilarious things like this?

but seriously, firebot is legitimately awful (in the "it's not funny at all" sense). i don't see how that but with the added bonus of being able to shittalk other users is going to end well. or why anyone would want to create such a forum or moderate it. it would be a stain and an embarrassment for pc.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    no. a spam forum would be much more trollish than the treehouse.

The Treehouse is plenty trollable already, if we went any further it'd basically be like saying "hey, go shitpost 24/7, there won't be any consequence". I can't imagine that ending up very well at all.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • would i be able to post hilarious things like this?

but seriously, firebot is legitimately awful (in the "it's not funny at all" sense). i don't see how that but with the added bonus of being able to shittalk other users is going to end well. or why anyone would want to create such a forum or moderate it. it would be a stain and an embarrassment for pc.

you were lucky lol but yes

And yeah I just came to the conclusion that forum's pretty bad. But people who want to shittalk other users can do so while knowing they're in a spam forum (you get it). And after all... it's fun no? Perhaps we could at least try it for one week, and if it becomes a shithole, we get rid of it.

after all i'm pretty sure staff members have something like this

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • the "where we laugh at forum members" part is where this really crosses the line from "potentially ill-conceived but ultimately harmless idea" to "bad satire." why would we want an opportunity to literally call people out & make fun of them, publicly? what kind of atmosphere does that promote? that's not at all the kind of community this is.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What staff on PC have is basically a Treehouse for staff only. We don't call members out and don't really do anything you can't do in another place on PC these days, except for occasional personal threads since we know what people can read instead of the whole memberbase or all of internet. Just so you know!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I support this on the basis that it would be the only forum where it could safely contain Ben's puns and bad memes.
    no section can safely contain Ben's puns and memes

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • What's your answer to it though?
    if I'm 100% totally honest about it, it needs to happen. As far as I'm concerned there's already a spam forum but it's largely reserved by a clique and the staff still nanny it like they do the other sections, so if we could get a place where people are expected to show enough sense not to get butthurt over an insult (yes, one that for all intents and purposes could be interpreted as genuine), then that would be great.

Then again I don't really care all that much, whatever happens is usually amusement for me because people can be so absurd here at times. Not all the time, but often enough to where I still peek inside.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Seems like something that would possibly start out fun, but would get old and/or go south really quickly. Sounds like this would be achieved much more successfully as a free-for-all thread, rather than an entire forum (and hasn't The Treehouse already had a few of those, now that I think about it?)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Any type of "troll" forum is bound to go to hell and create more problems that it's worth. You seem to think it will be harmless banter but we all know how long that would last.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • I would personally say do it, for the sake of when it inevitably goes to shit, you can use it as a "this is why you can't have this" if anyone ever asks again.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I kinda agree with both it would start out good and fun and then it would go the other way where other members started being offended and such. But what Abble Pie suggests is doable isnt it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back