• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random Pokemon Challenge help

Wya77

Average Trainer
Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    I'm at the Elite Four with my Emerald team:

Sceptile lv. 50
    - Leaf Blade
    - Pursuit
    - Screech
    - Quick Attack

Machoke lv. 46
    - Cross Chop
    - Revenge
    - Strength
    - Vital Throw

Breloom lv. 46
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Headbutt

Shedinja lv. 41
    - Shadow Ball
    - Fury Cutter
    - Confuse Ray
    - Screech

Whiscash lv. 43
    - Rock Tomb
    - Earthquake
    - Surf
    - Waterfall

I can struggle my way to Drake and past all of his Pokes until I get to his Mence. It sweeps everything on my team. What moves could I change to help counter it? And the Champ.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • First of all, I would balance out the levels of your team more. Then, maybe bring them up a couple more levels if you still can't win.

The best way to get past Drake in your case would be to teach your Whiscash Ice Beam over Waterfall. (use a Waterfall and Dive slave in your empty slot) Remember, Salamence's Dragon/Flying type is x4 weak to Ice. You can get the TM for Ice Beam at the Abandoned Ship.

As far as Wallace goes, you should definitely take advantage of Shedinja's Wonder Guard. Wallace has no attacks that can touch Shedinja. If Shedinja faints from Milotic's Toxic, here's what you can do for each of Wallace's Pokemon:

Wailord: Sceptile uses Leaf Blade, and hopes Blizzard doesn't hit.
    Tentacruel: Whiscash uses Earthquake.
    Whiscash: Sceptile uses Leaf Blade.
    Ludicolo: Brute force assault with Machoke.
    Gyarados: Brute force assault with anyone but Machoke.
    Milotic: Sceptile hopes Leaf Blade OHKOs Milotic because Milotic knows Ice Beam.

Wya77

Average Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    First of all, I would balance out the levels of your team more. Then, maybe bring them up a couple more levels if you still can't win.

The best way to get past Drake in your case would be to teach your Whiscash Ice Beam over Waterfall. (use a Waterfall and Dive slave in your empty slot) Remember, Salamence's Dragon/Flying type is x4 weak to Ice. You can get the TM for Ice Beam at the Abandoned Ship.

As far as Wallace goes, you should definitely take advantage of Shedinja's Wonder Guard. Wallace has no attacks that can touch Shedinja. If Shedinja faints from Milotic's Toxic, here's what you can do for each of Wallace's Pokemon:

Wailord: Sceptile uses Leaf Blade, and hopes Blizzard doesn't hit.
    Tentacruel: Whiscash uses Earthquake.
    Whiscash: Sceptile uses Leaf Blade.
    Ludicolo: Brute force assault with Machoke.
    Gyarados: Brute force assault with anyone but Machoke.
    Milotic: Sceptile hopes Leaf Blade OHKOs Milotic because Milotic knows Ice Beam.

Thanks, man. It's kinda hard to effectively grind with Shedinja with 1 hp. I knew I would have to get Ice Beam sooner or later.

Back