• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What is your favorite feature of the Gen IV games?

Favorite new feature of Fourth Gen?

• Distortion World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battle Frontier

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Battle Ground

• Pokétch

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Great Marsh

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Sinnoh Underground

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Super Contests

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Amity Square

• Resort House

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Fourth Generation bought us a ton of features to utilize. Things such as the PokéWatch or Pokétch for short. Maybe the Great Marsh? Which feature stood out the most to you? Which one did you utilize the most?

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I mostly liked the Sinnoh Underground, the Battle Frontier and the Great Marsh. Out of the 3, the Battle Frontier was probably the best thing.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Pokétch, Sinnoh Underground, and Super Contests. The Pokétch was super useful in game, the underground was fun with my friends and for fossils and stones! And Super Contests could have been executed better but! I still love it!

Years
  • Yes. I loved the following Pokemon and the Pokeathalon in Soul Silve/Heart Gold. But In Pokemon Pearl Version I utilized the Poketch the most. It counted steps and it was easy to keep an eye on things at a glance, as well as count Pokemon encounters for ratios and what not. Fun stuff.

Years
  • My fave was the Poketch. I liked the handy features such as the time, checking the breeding status of my Pokemon, and also stuff like the step counter and happiness checker.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I loved the Battle Frontier. It was so much fun to do. I used to spend so many hours there. I also love the Pokeathlon from HG/SS. That is by far my favourite feature in any pokemon game. Had the perfect pokemon for it so i could win all of them. I still have them to this day actually lol Won't restart my game because of it (SS) I think I actually spent at least 50 hours on it.

I also loved the underground in Platinum. Was a fun way to play with my friends ( and myself) for hours without actually using any pokemon.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Pokétch, Following Pokemon, Underground, Distortion World, Battle Zone (Platinum) and much more. This has just reminded me why DPPT remain my favourites in the series to this day!

Back