• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

css test

Years

• [a id]intro[/a id]

Introduction

We are the Stormbringers, a Pokemon Online clan here at Pokecommunity. While we're affiliated greatly with Electric-type Pokemon, this is just for aesthetic purposes; we do use all types of Pokemon, not just Electric-types. The clan mascot is Zekrom, mainly because it embodies the vast strength and shocking skills that our clan members possess. If you're interested in applying for this clan, you'll have to fight one of the clan's testers. If they deem you worthy, then you're in.

[a id]rules[/a id]

Rules & Clauses

Rules:

Ж All Pokecommunity Forum-Wide Rules and Tournaments & Events Rules apply.
    Ж Respect all members of both this clan and its opponents.
    Ж Be gracious in victory and defeat, don't whine over hax or gloat because you 6-0'd your opponent.
    Ж Don't challenge other clans to a clan war unless you're Storm King or a Prophet.
    Ж Don't ask to be on the roster for a clan war.
    Ж Don't ask for promotions.
    Ж Abide by all of our and the opposing clan's clauses in battle.
    Ж Ghosting, Scouting and similar tactics are forbidden, harsh punishment are reserved for those caught breaking this rule.
    Ж Don't use any banned or unreleased Pokemon, Abilities or Items

Clauses:

Ж Smogon Tiers
    Ж Sleep Clause
    Ж Freeze Clause
    Ж Wifi Clause
    Ж Species Clause
    Ж Self KO-Clause
    Ж No Evasion Increasing or OHKO Moves

[a id]events[/a id]

Events

No events right now, but keep posted, as there probably will be in the future!

[a id]ranks[/a id]

Ranks

FJ3WW.png

Storm King:

The Storm King is effectively the clan leader and has total superiority and control of the clan. What they say; goes. Storm Kingis an unattainable Rank, although the current Storm King can pass the rank on to a successor, upon his retirement, but retains the right to claim it back.

181OD.png

Prophets of Thunder:

Prophets of Thunder are the primary assistants to the Storm King, and help in organizing clan records, organizing wars and creating war rosters. They have the power to do all of the things above and issue demotions.

239OD.png

Lightning Crew:

The primary members of the clan that fight in wars and have earned their way up from Towel Boy. These kids are tough !

172OD.png

Towel Boy:

All members become Towel Boys upon clan entry, they watch clan wars, do favors for the clan [graphics n stuff] and help test. After proving themselves, they join the Lightning Crew.

[a id]join[/a id]

Sign-Up

Forum Username:
    Server Username:

css testing thread

Last edited:

flamehaze94

Jeste!
    Years
  • I love SubToxic Gliscor + specially defensive Heatran! I actually used it to get to finals in the little tournament after the first class of tutoring. After a couple battles I can say that Ice Fang is probably better than Protect in OU since everything from Heatran to Excadrill uses Balloon. You can't nearly stall as well as in Ubers, but it should suffice.

Ninetales needs to be much more defensive. Keeping the weather advantage is actually more important in Sun teams than other weather since it naturally has a disadvantage the other two (not Hail lol). Use 248HP / 8SpD / 252Spe w/ a Timid (+Spe, -Atk) nature so you can can at least abuse Ninetales decent bulk. Dying the instant Tyranitar comes in will ruin your day. You probably want a double status inducer set with Flamethrower / Will-O-Wisp / Toxic / Rest @ Leftovers. It can cripple Tyranitar and survive even CB Crunch and provides a blanket defense against physical attackers in general. Toxic is for things like Jellicent that you would rather poison than burn. This works well in junction with Gliscor because Gliscor can then come in and spam Subs without wasting a turn using Toxic. You'll have much more control over your opponent this way. I stuck Rest in there because Blissey can heal the sleep, thus you'll likely win the weather war since TTar and Politoed don't have recovery.

For Heatran, you can give it Dragon Pulse or HP Ice over Protect to better combat dragons. HP Ice has the added bonus of killing Gliscor outright. Although Dragon Pulse will hit the Lati@s harder.

Run Double-Edge or at least Return over Wild Charge ._. Double Edge has the necessary power to revenge kill things like Virizion or Latias (does a bunch to Gyara too) without a boost while Return is the safer attack option. Both are much better than Wild Chrage.

Now I'll address the real problems. Opposing Gliscor can likely set up on everything since it scares the heck out of Heatran , Blissey, Sawsbuck, and even your own Gliscor since it doesn't care about Toxic. It can likely outrun everything bar Sawsbuck and Ninetales and knock heads with EQ + Ice Fang. Then there's Landorus that can Rock Polish and destroy face Sand boosted attacks. Mamoswine can also eat things up and can potentially break Gliscor through its Sub using Icicle Spear. Hey, everything here has an Ice + Ground attack combo!

You can fix this but replacing either Jirachi or Blissey since their roles sorta intermingle and they offer almost the same things to this team. Probably Jirachi, since it feels like deadweight imo and the Sun accentuates its Fire weakness. I'm not sure what to add though, but I'll keep my eye open if I see anything interesting. A Spinner like Starmie could be nice I guess.

Back