• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Mega-evolution do you think looks the ugliest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
  • Mega Gengar and Mega Heracross look ridiculous. Especially Heracross.
    Mega Pinsir looks bad, too. I don't like the wings and the arms.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • I don't really see how Mega Gyarados remotely resembles a shrimp, he's just regular Gyarados with bigger fins, bigger mouth and longer whiskers. And I actually think Mega Pinsir looks pretty BA.
    Mega Heracross is definitely the ugliest for me (then again, Heracross gave me a lot of trouble when I was a kid, so I'm more than a little biased). Also Manectric with that... thing on his back.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Mega Heracross. By a landslide. I just don't like the way it looks which is a shame considering how awesome Heracross is. I just don't like the nose and the head..... thing.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Mega Manectric looks like Geometry homework.

Game Dev 1: ****, we need one more mega

Game Dev 2: Uhh, let's just do Manectric

Which Mega-evolution do you think looks the ugliest?

Game Dev 1: Ok, lemme call up the designers

Game Dec 2: THERE'S NO TIME, just slap a Lightning bolt on em and call it a day!

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Mega Heracross definitely. Like seriously, why did they ruin the looks of such a strong Pokemon? Plus its ability is kinda inferior to Moxie imo. Worst Mega ever and one I'd never even want to use.

And Mega Manectric as well, one of my fave Electric-types had to get such a bad-looking Mega. The mane looks overdone and covers up too much of its body.
    Megapinsir looks badass in comparison but WHAT DOES AERILATE EVEN MEAN? (Cant wait to OHKO gengar with Flying Guillottine :D)

Outlier

I think a lot of them look lame. But ugly? I guess the only mega's I consider ugly are Garchomp, Gyarados & Heracross.

Oh and Mewtwo X (yuck!)

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • Mega Manectric is just so confusing to me and Mega Garchomp is a complete abomination. Mega Kangaskhan's transformation is literally just taking the baby out of its pouch. And Mega Ampharos... although it's fabulous, it just makes no sense!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I'm sorry to be contradicting some people but Mega-Heracross' "nose" is supposed to be a second horn.
    Heracross' base desing was much likely to be based on a dynastid beetle:

While his mega evolution now makes it look more like a hercules beetle:

Now, I'm not saying they did a fantastic job with it. That second horn should have been placed somewhere else, rather than just making it look like a nose.

As for the worst mega evolution, I'd say it's Manectric's mountain range

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think Mega Charizard X looks somewhat silly. The Y version though, that looks awesome. Too bad it wasn't the dragon one.

Also Mega Pinsir and Mega Scizor are a bit overdone and robotic imo. And Mega Gengar, I don't really understand its design. What is that on its arms, is it shining or flaming or fuming or is it some kind of bursting skin/body? And the third eye thing should have been the same color as the rest.

The best has got to be Mega Alakazam. So frickin creepy with its legs holding hands but it really looks spectacularly cool :3

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Seems to be a popular opinion around here, but I find Mega Manetric's thunderbolt mane to be a pretty creative design choice. I like it. On the other hand, and no one has mentioned it thus far, I think Mega Medicham is U.G.L.Y. it ain't got no alibi, it's ugly! I don't get it at all. Everything in its design seems tacked on and unnecessary. It's a mess, honestly. Bleh!

I don't like Mega Heracross, either. It's got extremely large nose, which, in my opinion, makes it look bad. ): If it wasn't for that though, then it would've been perfect.
    I agree. It's disappointing that the nose on Mega Heracross is so distracting that it offsets the rest of its awesome mega design.

Years
  • I think Mega Medicham is U.G.L.Y. it ain't got no alibi, it's ugly! I don't get it at all. Everything in its design seems tacked on and unnecessary. It's a mess, honestly. Bleh!

*sassy snaps* Though it was pretty ugly to begin with

I have to say, by far to me that the biggest disappointment was Mega Blastoise. It just looks lazily done.

Years
    • Age 23
    • No.
    • Seen May 1, 2014
    Definetely Heracross, just look at that disgusting face.
    But its Attack stat is second only to Mewtwo which is cool.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Mega Mewtwo X has weird legs and lumpy skin (not sure what to call them) on his upper legs and arms.

Mega Gengar's third eye is weird.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Mega Mewtwo X has weird legs and lumpy skin (not sure what to call them) on his upper legs and arms.

Mega Gengar's third eye is weird.

I skeptical to say Mega Gengar does have a third eye; it's probably another mouth that releases certain special attacks such as Hyper Beam or Dark Pulse, but it's only a guess though. We'll see what happens when he appears in the anime...

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I skeptical to say Mega Gengar does have a third eye; it's probably another mouth that releases certain special attacks such as Hyper Beam or Dark Pulse, but it's only a guess though. We'll see what happens when he appears in the anime...

Is most likely a third eye based on the Mean Look eye, this is probably where Mega Gengar gets its Shadow Tag ability.

Years
  • Mega Pinsir, Gyarados, Heracross (ugh), Garchomp... that's pretty much it. Heracross just looks bad across the board but I can tolerate the other three if need be. I used to dislike mega Manectric as well but he grew on me eventually.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back