• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you satisfied with your appearance?

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I was talking to a bunch of friends recently on the conversation of appearances and how they felt about their own. While some accepted compliments, others were not 100% satisfied with how they looked.

How do you feel about yourself and your current appearance? Are there things that bother you when you look in the mirror or do you find yourself perfectly fine the way you are?

Years
  • I don't really like the way I look but I dont care as much now i'm older. I'm still not good with compliments but that goes for any kind not just on appearance.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • im gross

I'm very meh and neutral about my appearance I guess?

I have gotten a few compliments before, but I just stare at myself in the mirror and think "What the heck do you people even see!?"

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • My appearance is.. fine, I guess.

There are definitely some physical features which bother me, but I can't change them, so I don't dwell on them.

I accept compliments, even if I don't necessarily agree with them.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    It fluctuates. When I was a teenager, I was SUPER self-conscious about my appearance. My friends were all really pretty and got a lot of attention, and then I was just the "funny friend" that no one really looked at. It hurt back then, not so much now. I agree, as you get older, you usually have a lot more that matters.

I used to spend a lot of time on my hair and makeup, now I just throw it up in a bun and only wear makeup if I'm going out somewhere after work. I also don't care as much if my friends or other girls get more attention. If they're hot and can pull it together everyday, bless them. They should. The only thing I'm working on changing is gaining back the weight I lost when I got really sick. I hate when everyone feels the need to tell me I'm skinny, I know -___-

Years
  • I don't like my appearance. I want to look like a fire-breathing dragon, but I don't think that's possible without one of those nerdy suits, which totally wouldn't be worth putting on... -_-

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I think my style could use a little work but I can't be psyducked to put effort into it... If I wanna look fancier I'll wear a button-down, otherwise I'm comfortable in a tee and hoodie. I'm mostly satisfied with my natural appearance though I'd like to be a little bit more toned and in shape. I'm thinner than I'd like to be. Which isn't the worst problem in the world, but still.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • I'd say I have some pretty likeable qualities, but like most people I'm not 100% satisfied. There are DEFINITELY some things I would change if I could.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • I looked at mirror and it's me and nothing much special. Cuz that's me.

Simple , appropriate and fit my body size.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Not really. I wish my hair was longer, I wish was a bit thinner and I wish I had a goth wardrobe. At least all three of these things can be changed with time!

Years
  • I'd say I'm average, no one says I'm ugly but I'm never called pretty either.
    What i'd most like to change is my weight, I'm trying to lose some.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • It could be a lot better, I guess.

At times I feel as if my current appearance will work against me later in life, since, at the moment, I look like your average 17 year old male, and it's somewhat difficult to change that.
    Maybe I just need to be a bit more positive about myself.

Never have I been fully satisfied with my appearance, though; even when I was younger and more androgynous, there was something not quite right.
    Only after coming out in real life (which will hopefully happen soon) will I be able to take steps so I am comfortable with my appearance.
    That's what matters.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • I'm really growing to like the way I look. Past relationships and experiences led to me constantly putting myself down and focusing on whatever flaws I had, but I'm trying to look past that now!

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    It fluctuates. Sometimes I'm really satisfied with my appearance, and other days I just don't understand why I don't look as flawless as my friends. I really do wish jaw reduction surgery wasn't half as dangerous as it is though-- I would get it in a heartbeat if it wasn't basically a one way ticket to misery...

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I'd say that I'm pretty okay with my facial features. I'm satisfied enough, I suppose. I don't like my skin, though, because it's all red and splotchy and pretty gross imo but I can always work around that.

It's sad that I encourage other people to love themselves but I can't find the will to love me.

Back