• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pok?mon XD: Darkness Beyond Time [Dead]

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    no, the game just doesn't open at all. No error message or black screen or anything. It does show a loading symbol in my folder after I click it though so its recognised that I've tried opening it but i don't know why it isn't opening.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
    Years
  • no, the game just doesn't open at all. No error message or black screen or anything. It does show a loading symbol in my folder after I click it though so its recognised that I've tried opening it but i don't know why it isn't opening.

There are seveal things you could check:

1. That the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS3\RPGVXAce" exists and there are files in it

2. That this is the text of Game.ini
    Code:
    [Game]
    RTP=RPGVXAce
    Library=System\RGSS301.dll
    Scripts=Data\Scripts.rvdata2
    Title=Pokémon XD: Darkness Beyond Time

3. That your game folder resembles the attached screenshot

Other than that it's not happening on my end, so I don't know what the issue is.

Attachments

• sprite30.png
      sprite30.png
      58.2 KB · Views: 4

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • "Script 'Cache' line 88: NoMethodError Occured"

This problem extremely bugged me, it happens whenever a wildbattle or trainerbattle triggers, the problem most likely is in-battle pokemon sprites can't show up. Kindly need help, thanks.

EDIT: In the file "Missing Graphics" the lines appeared were always the same: "Graphics/Characters/$Trainer011" Hope that helps...

Crystal Noel

Years
  • "Script 'Cache' line 88: NoMethodError Occured"

This problem extremely bugged me, it happens whenever a wildbattle or trainerbattle triggers, the problem most likely is in-battle pokemon sprites can't show up. Kindly need help, thanks.

EDIT: In the file "Missing Graphics" the lines appeared were always the same: "Graphics/Characters/$Trainer011" Hope that helps...

It turns out that you do need to have the animated battler sprites to run the game correctly. I thought the game might be able to run without them, but it seems not.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Hey CN, could you include a Read Me file on exactly what do to with the files you provided? I can't seem to get the game running. I currently have all of the downloaded files inside the file containing the game
    Capture_zpsnqr5mqpb.png

Crystal Noel

Years
  • Hey CN, could you include a Read Me file on exactly what do to with the files you provided? I can't seem to get the game running. I currently have all of the downloaded files inside the file containing the game
    Capture_zpsnqr5mqpb.png

What you'll have to do is take the contents of each of the parts and copy and paste their contents into the project folder. Each one should contain folder(s) labeled: Audio, Data or Graphics. Those are what you want.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • What you'll have to do is take the contents of each of the parts and copy and paste their contents into the project folder. Each one should contain folder(s) labeled: Audio, Data or Graphics. Those are what you want.
    What should I do with the RPGVXAce file? I put the Battlebacks in the Graphics and the Sound on it's own.

I'm not sure what to put into the Data folder. Inside the RPGVXAce, after I did the setup application, there are now a Font folder, Audio folder, and Graphics folder. The game runs to the Crystal Noel screen, and then says there's a file missing, if that helps.

To recap,
    I downloaded:
    1. Game
    2. Animated Battlebacks 1-3
    3. Sound
    4. RTP100

I placed inside Game folder:
    1. Sound
    2.Animated Battlebacks 1-3 into Graphics
    3. RTP 100

I set up:
    1. The setup app inside RTP 100 and now have a folder called RPGVXAce inside the Game folder

The game runs the sword noise and the crystal noel screen, then says there's insufficient files.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystal Noel

Years
  • What should I do with the RPGVXAce file? I put the Battlebacks in the Graphics and the Sound on it's own.

Leave it. You want to just merge the contents of the Animated Battlers folder and Sound Folder so that there are only the following folders:
    • Audio
    • Data
    • Graphics
    • Movies
    • Notes
    • System

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • This is now how my folder looks.
    Capture2_zps7wxodcoe.png

Okay... So I tried something else.
    capture3_zpsbza4lxmv.png

I downloaded:
    1. Game
    3. Sound
    4. RTP100

1. Sound
    3. RTP 100

I set up:
    1. The setup app inside RTP 100 and put it into Programfiles(x86)->CommonFiles->Enterbrain

The game now says fonts are missing and I don't come up to the sword sound or the CN screen
    I think part of this may be because the original game download does not include an audio folder (unless I'm supposed to make one?)

Crystal Noel

Years
  • This is now how my folder looks.
    Capture2_zps7wxodcoe.png

Okay... So I tried something else.
    capture3_zpsbza4lxmv.png

I downloaded:
    1. Game
    3. Sound
    4. RTP100

1. Sound
    3. RTP 100

I set up:
    1. The setup app inside RTP 100 and put it into Programfiles(x86)->CommonFiles->Enterbrain

The game now says fonts are missing and I don't come up to the sword sound or the CN screen
    I think part of this may be because the original game download does not include an audio folder (unless I'm supposed to make one?)

Almost there. What you need to do is take the folder named Audio inside of Sound and copy it to the main folder. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably should have named it something else.

As for the issue of the fonts, the best thing to do is to go into the Font's folder of the RTP and manually install the fonts used.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Almost there. What you need to do is take the folder named Audio inside of Sound and copy it to the main folder. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably should have named it something else.

As for the issue of the fonts, the best thing to do is to go into the Font's folder of the RTP and manually install the fonts used.

Awesome! The game did start up this time, but upon reaching the screen where you name your character, it froze. "unable to find file; error occurred, check the debug console for more information." This was after trying to delete "Hilbert". However, if I keep the name "Hilbert," the game runs from then on normally. ... So far. I'll give you any updates I come across.

Aha. Here. Is this beginning area supposed to have no map?
    Capture4_zpsvbwc7mqj.png

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Missing Graphics File:
    Graphics/Titles1/Volcano
    Graphics/Tilesets/World_A1
    Graphics/Tilesets/World_A2
    Graphics/Tilesets/World_B
    Graphics/Characters/Vehicle
    Graphics/System/Shadow
    Graphics/Parallaxes/DarkSpace1
    Graphics/Titles1/Volcano
    Graphics/System/Shadow
    Graphics/Titles1/Volcano
    Graphics/System/Shadow
    Graphics/Tilesets/Outside_A1
    Graphics/Tilesets/Outside_A2
    Graphics/Tilesets/Outside_A3
    Graphics/Tilesets/Outside_A4
    Graphics/Tilesets/Outside_A5
    Graphics/Tilesets/Outside_B
    Graphics/Tilesets/Outside_C
    Graphics/Tilesets/Inside_C
    Graphics/Tilesets/Dungeon_B
    Graphics/Characters/!Other2
    Graphics/Characters/!Door1
    Graphics/Characters/!$Gate1
    Graphics/Tilesets/Dungeon_A1
    Graphics/Tilesets/Dungeon_A2
    Graphics/Tilesets/Dungeon_A4
    Graphics/Tilesets/Dungeon_A5
    Graphics/Tilesets/Dungeon_C
    Graphics/Parallaxes/StarlitSky
    Graphics/Titles1/Volcano
    Graphics/System/Shadow
    Graphics/Tilesets/Dungeon_A1
    Graphics/Tilesets/Dungeon_A2
    Graphics/Tilesets/Dungeon_A4
    Graphics/Tilesets/Dungeon_A5
    Graphics/Tilesets/Dungeon_C
    Graphics/Parallaxes/StarlitSky
    Graphics/Titles1/Volcano
    Graphics/System/Shadow
    Graphics/Titles1/Volcano
    Graphics/System/Shadow

Crystal Noel

Years
  • Yeah, it's having trouble find the RTP. Try reinstalling the RTP. If that doesn't work, then try copying all the folders in the RTP and merging it into the project.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • I got it working by reinstalling the RTP. However, I now seem to be stuck in a labyrinth with no direction. Is there a certain direction I need to go?

EDIT: Found my way. But I would suggest making it more obvious which direction you're supposed to go in. I wandered for a solid 10 minutes. Haha

EDIT: Game crashed when I tried to look at my pokemon's summary.

EDIT: Crashed when I encountered a wild pokemon or trainer battle "script cache line 88: no method occurred"

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

Years
  • I got it working by reinstalling the RTP. However, I now seem to be stuck in a labyrinth with no direction. Is there a certain direction I need to go?

EDIT: Found my way. But I would suggest making it more obvious which direction you're supposed to go in. I wandered for a solid 10 minutes. Haha

EDIT: Game crashed when I tried to look at my pokemon's summary.

EDIT: Crashed when I encountered a wild pokemon or trainer battle "script cache line 88: no method occurred"

This occurs when you don't have an animated sprite for a Pokémon. Make sure that the animated battlers are in the folder Graphics\Battlers. They should be really wide images ending in [anim].

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • This occurs when you don't have an animated sprite for a Pokémon. Make sure that the animated battlers are in the folder Graphics\Battlers. They should be really wide images ending in [anim].

Awesome! No other bugs so far...
    The only thing that's really bugging me now is the lag of the character's movement in game.

EDIT: Restarting the game helps return to normal game speed

EDIT: After losing to Noah, I got the badge...?

EDIT: How do I get Sylveon?

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

Years
  • Awesome! No other bugs so far...
    The only thing that's really bugging me now is the lag of the character's movement in game.

EDIT: Restarting the game helps return to normal game speed

EDIT: After losing to Noah, I got the badge...?

EDIT: How do I get Sylveon?

To get any of the Eeveelutions, there is a man in the Silverport Pub, who will offer any of the evolutionary stones which can evolve your Eevee (I changed the method for all of them). As for the badge thing, I don't know why that would happen.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • To get any of the Eeveelutions, there is a man in the Silverport Pub, who will offer any of the evolutionary stones which can evolve your Eevee (I changed the method for all of them). As for the badge thing, I don't know why that would happen.
    There's an error with the magickarp guy (the fisherman with 5 magickarps) after the forest event when you're with colress. When you take out his first two magickarps, the game freezes. (I've tested it twice)

EDIT: There are three trainers in the Dark Gym. None of the keys they give out react with the door.

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

Years
  • There's an error with the magickarp guy (the fisherman with 5 magickarps) after the forest event when you're with colress. When you take out his first two magickarps, the game freezes. (I've tested it twice)

EDIT: There are three trainers in the Dark Gym. None of the keys they give out react with the door.

Oh! Sorry about that. What you have to do is press the "A" key and select to use them on the door. I probably should have made that more clear.

Back