• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gym Badges

Years
  • I'm sure there's no thread like this... or at least that I know of. Do correct me if I'm wrong hahahaha

Anyways, Gym Badges aka those cool little symbols you get from beating a Pokemon Gym. There are so many of them and all with really cool designs here and there. So, which region has your favourite set of Gym Badges and why? Discuss.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I like the design of many of the Gym Badges, they're all totally unique from one another. I feel like they took a different turn past Generation IiII though, the design of the badges from then onwards seems to be a little more flashy than the first three generations. To be honest I've been tempted for a while now to purchase some Gym Badges online, there are plenty of stores that are selling them now. 8)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sinnoh, definitely, mostly due to how simple they are and how closely they resemble each other in appearance. Unlike in some other games, Gym Badges we have in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum gather dust around time, and it's up to us to clean them by constantly wiping them with our stylus; I feel this to be sort of a fun thing to do, and It helps bring more attention to the badges. I'm glad Sinnoh titles had a mechanic like this.

Aside from Sinnoh region badges, I also admire ones from Hoenn, as well as Kanto.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    pokemon__unova_badges_by_derkpointoh-d5hufxp.png
    My favorite set of badges are from the Unova region and Hoenn region. Unova's are to the point, one can understand which types are those badges for, which is supposedly that way. Hoenn, I suppose it's my biased for favoring the region/nostalgia reasons? Despite I started from Gen I.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • 50px-Coal_Badge.png
    50px-Forest_Badge.png
    50px-Cobble_Badge.png
    50px-Fen_Badge.png
    50px-Relic_Badge.png
    50px-Mine_Badge.png
    50px-Icicle_Badge.png
    50px-Beacon_Badge.png

Gym Badges are cool! they have awesome designs, My favorite Gym Badges are from Sinnoh Region.They are so shiny and sparkle like appearance., they look like diamonds in my trainer card haha.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Sinnoh, definitely, mostly due to how simple they are and how closely they resemble each other in appearance. Unlike in some other games, Gym Badges we have in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum gather dust around time, and it's up to us to clean them by constantly wiping them with our stylus; I feel this to be sort of a fun thing to do, and It helps bring more attention to the badges. I'm glad Sinnoh titles had a mechanic like this.

I make your words, my words!
    Seriously I love the Sinnoh Badges! They are simple and have awesome designs! And that feature that we have to clean our Gym Badges wiping them with our stylus gives us more attention to our Badges! Mostly in other games, I just obtained the Gym Badge and never returned to see it!

I like the Unova Gym Badges too!

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • I never put a whole lot of thought into them, to be entirely honest. But...

Sinnoh and Unova had some pretty unique badge designs. Johto's were a little... too simple for me. Kalos is nice, too. I love the ability to polish them, though I've no idea why they got rid of that. It made the badges stand out more and feel more like something you collected, rather than just an achievement. Sort of like if they ever took away Amie, though less soul crushing.

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    My favorite set of badges are the Unova ones. I like their unique sleek designs. However, my all time favorite badge would be the Iceberg Badge from Kalos. I love how there's water inside. When I received this badge, I kinda just stared at it for awhile watching the water flow back and forth and thinking that the concept was genius.

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
  • Sinnoh, definitely, mostly due to how simple they are and how closely they resemble each other in appearance. Unlike in some other games, Gym Badges we have in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum gather dust around time, and it's up to us to clean them by constantly wiping them with our stylus; I feel this to be sort of a fun thing to do, and It helps bring more attention to the badges. I'm glad Sinnoh titles had a mechanic like this.

Aside from Sinnoh region badges, I also admire ones from Hoenn, as well as Kanto.

You could also make music with them lol

Years
  • I'm with Unapologetic, Unova has always stood out to me in terms of badge design, and I really love the sleekness of them and when you obtain a badge in those games, it actually shows an animation of the badge case appearing on the screen and the badge being put in the case.

I also love the Kalos badges, especially the Iceberg Badge and Psychic Badge. I loved the designs of those ones. Hoenn's are also nice, especially with the update they got in OR/AS.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Johto's badges will always hold a special spot in my heart, but I have to say that Unova's badges are by far my favorite in terms of design. They look they most cohesive.

Back