• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Digimon New Series 2015 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • I don't even know what's supposed to be canon at this point

Me too xD

Canon or not, I still believe that Jou's girlfriend is that girl whose bike he stole off to give to Daisuke and Ken in Revenge of Diaboromon.

Spoiler:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Me too xD

Canon or not, I still believe that Jou's girlfriend is that girl whose bike he stole off to give to Daisuke and Ken in Revenge of Diaboromon.

Spoiler:

Well, headcanon accepted to me hahaha.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Okay, so it definitely has been a while since I watched it. But I never got around to writing my impressions of it! So, here we go:

First off, dat OP. Gawd. And look at all of them all grown up and doing their own thing - it was really nice to see that! Taichi's the only one who is still sort of lost as far as immediate goals are concerned but he's clearly the one who is more concerned about his surroundings and whatnot. His dilemma over fighting digimon irl - having witnessed the consequences - felt like a natural progression for his character and I can't say I disliked that. His and Yamato's ever-present tussle served as a reminder to the fact that these two lovable goofbuns will forever having that love-hate rivalry going on - no matter how much time passes by heh.

Then we come to know about Joe's girlfriend (!?FFUAIKGJLDAG) and about Mimi being a model or something in america and how puberty's been really kind to her (I don't blame Izzy at all - she's the most attractive digidestined right now :p). Izzy is just Izzy. That scene where he's mouthing off giving exposition/infodump while the other characters ignore it and go about doing their own thing was a LOL moment haha.

As for the shippings, boy does Toei not hold back in that regard - from the very first episode, it is made clear that there's some romantic tension involved between some of our leads. Yamato's, Tai's and Sora's is made clear as day with Tai's entry, him seeing Sora and Yamato together and his subsequent attempt at pretending not to notice them was just cute lmao. So was Sora's attempt at trying to juggle both of them with Tai's match and Yamato's concert timings clashing. And now that Hikari and Takeru are all grown up, they've got their fair share of admirers too - Tai's team members getting their act together in Hikari's presence (don't blame them - Hikari is adorable!!! <333) and Takeru being popular among girls. But it was Hikari teasing Takeru and giving him those glances from the corner of her eye that made their interactions a treat to watch.

The story seems like it is building up to something grand and these four episodes did a fair job setting things up.

One aspect I was disappointed in was the animation. See, there were scenes where it looked gorgeous. No doubt about that. But there were also those where they dropped the ball far too much - something I didn't quite expect to happen considering the fact that this is supposed to be one of their bigger projects. Episode 2 in particular - Taichi's encounter with Kuwagamon stood out to me the most. I definitely wasn't expecting One Piece Film Z levels of animation (Toei brought their absolute A game in that movie. It looked gorgeous from the start to the end) but it was still a disappointment. There are TV series out there now that boast more impressive sequences (OnePunchMan comes to mind. Won't even mention UBW - that's in another league) which is a crying shame since I was expecting to be blown away by these. But, since, in the end, it seems like this is mostly just them dividing the entire season's worth of episodes in the form of movies and it is essentially just a TV series in disguise, I can forgive them for some of the missteps in animation.

Looking forward to the next one. I honestly wish though that they had taken the TV series route. Regular updates > spread out ones. But if this helps them keep up the quality of art + consistency and animation and prevent it from being an embarrassment like most Toei works, sure I guess.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    derozio;9014664 I honestly wish though that they had taken the TV series route. Regular updates > spread out ones. But if this helps them keep up the quality of art + consistency and animation and prevent it from being an embarrassment like most Toei works said:
    i agree.
    one of the problems that are popping up among peoples reviews is the lack of character development of the new girl & her digimon. they where just kind of there. especially meicoomon who seemed like he/she might take the role of a mysterious protector(think tuxedo mask or space medafighter x) there at first only to now look like its gonna take the same role that either labramon/seasarmon did in battle of adventures as a vaccine or the role of calumon or dobbermon as a source of digivolution.
    and then there's Meiko whom is obviously starting to get bad reviews as being plan because her character development isn't going to start til the next section comes out.
    now most of the reveries have gone negative because of that.
    others are just complaining about the slow pace of it.
    as for the animations not being on par with one punch....
    one punches animation is all over the place.
    it can go from this
    wanpanchi%20%2810%29-noscale.jpg

to this
    maxresdefault.jpg

then just randomly turn into the same art used for god eater for no reason but to amplify this surfer chick that will never show up again in the most comic book way possible
    zocanGO.png

for digimon tri the animation it has now works best. digimon adventure 01 & 02 where not the best animated anime around during that time but the animation worked well with the feel of the series.
    the animation was by all means something risky with tri given how different it is.
    look:
    tai adventure 01(1999)
    latest

tai adventure 02(2000)

tai xros wars/fusion(2012)
    latest

digimon tri(2015)

and naturally, he is starting to look more like his adult counterpart
    latest

derozio

Years
  • There's a difference between art and animation. I was talking about animation, ie, the fluidity of motion of sequences on screen. OPM is, hands down, amazing at that. Look at the fight in Episode 2 in Tri again. It was choppy and quite poorly done.

Funny you bring up those screenshots, though - there's nothing wrong with either of the screenshots. They're only changing up the art as the sequence required them to - the art itself is very on-model for the most part and consistent. And the only off-model animation sequences (like the one in the first episode - that gurren lagan-esque punch, that is) look gorgeous so there's that.

Tri hasn't exactly had moments of horrible off-model art though (not one that got me noticing, at least!) so at least that's good.

So I definitely disagree. But yeah, this is a digimon thread so I'd hate to make it a Digimon vs OPM animation thread. I'll leave things at that.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    There's a difference between art and animation. I was talking about animation, ie, the fluidity of motion of sequences on screen. OPM is, hands down, amazing at that. Look at the fight in Episode 2 in Tri again. It was choppy and quite poorly done.

Funny you bring up those screenshots, though - there's nothing wrong with either of the screenshots. They're only changing up the art as the sequence required them to - the art itself is very on-model for the most part and consistent. And the only off-model animation sequences (like the one in the first episode - that gurren lagan-esque punch, that is) look gorgeous so there's that.

Tri hasn't exactly had moments of horrible off-model art though (not one that got me noticing, at least!) so at least that's good.

So I definitely disagree. But yeah, this is a digimon thread so I'd hate to make it a Digimon vs OPM animation thread. I'll leave things at that.
    meh, i was mostly wanting to complain a bit about the beach bimbo that looks like she was ripped off a GTA game when i posted that, not turn it into an animation competition. other threads can be made for that type of thing.

derozio

Years
  • It isn't about turning it into an "animation competition". I personally believe that if I'm gonna complain about a certain aspect of the show, I'll try to back up my argument with some substance rather than make statements without them - hence my semi-tl;dr lol.

Digimon Adventure Tri.'s art, for the most part, is okay while animation isn't as good as I hoped (I know Toei can do better - one look at One Piece Film Z by the same production house and you'll know). It isn't even something that's up for debate since, if you've seen well animated shows or movies, you'll definitely notice the choppy nature of Tri's.

OPM is a parody show, anyway. Ever thought that the beach bimbo that seemed like a GTA ripoff to you probably was purposely drawn as a reference, y'know, to invoke similar feelings as yours (GTA bimbo!?) in the minds of fans? A deliberate attempt? :p I honestly doubt that that's the case but I wouldn't put it past a parody series to attempt that, lol.

I do admit, though, that some of my negative opinion probably is affected by the fact that I hate the animation studio - Toei Animation - and that probably leads me to be more critical as far as their shows are concerned. So there's that, too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    Yeah, I honestly thought it was just a problem with playback on my part but nope, the animation really is somewhat choppy. Odd, since they didn't skimp on the art quality. So next episodes will be out next year after these were delayed for ~6 months or so? Wonder if there's some kind of production issues involved.

It has the feel and pacing of a series, not an OVA or movie. It was certainly enjoyable, but hopefully they don't think they can pull a Gundam Unicorn and release these over the next four-five years or something.

Skip Class

Years
  • Clearer poster of the 2nd movie is out!

CVqyLP5VAAAN93c.jpg

(Will see if a better quality one will come out soon)

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Clearer poster of the 2nd movie is out!

CVqyLP5VAAAN93c.jpg

(Will see if a better quality one will come out soon)
    am i the only one who thinks mimi should have gotten a different mega then rosemon?
    its one thing for data squad/savers to copy adventure 01, but it seems kinda off when adventure 01 copies data squad/savers.
    it also seems kinda contradictory that the one who had the crest of sincerity would have a dominatrix as her partner digimon to begin with...
    then again, who better then a dominatrix to represent "being free from pretense, deceit, or hypocrisy."
    either way, it just seems off.

Skip Class

Years
  • New information has been surrounding the net lately:

Digimon Adventure Tri Chapter 2 "Determination" - some plot details revealed
    Spoiler alert: some minor spoilers about the second chapter

In the newest edition of the Animedia Magazine Shuhei Arai, the producer of Digimon Adventure Tri, revealed some plot details of the second chapter:

• Mimi and Jou will be the protagonists of the second part.It will focus on Mimi, having problems with communicating with her friends and Jou, struggling with his university entrance exam.
    • Meiko, the new Chosen Children will be officially welcomed by the others.
    • The Chosen Children will be going to visit the hot spring together. A picture of Mimi in a swimsuit was already leaked in the Animedia issue.
    • And of course there is the obligated school festival,Taichi and the others will attend. The Digimon will be dressed up in cute costumes.
    So as far as i can say, the second movie will focus on the everyday lives of the Digidestined ( similar to the first movie). And till now we don't have any information whether the Chosen Children will enter the Digital World or not.

This was given to a Digi-Egg admin by my source on Twitter. This features the complete poster in Otomedia Jan. Issue as well as a snippet of the interview with the seiyuus for Takeru and Hikari.

While this isn't the full interview my source has given me some highlights from it.

tumblr_nzbkptqkVN1rtjgwno2_250.png
    tumblr_nzbkptqkVN1rtjgwno1_250.png

• Takeru likes Hikari romantically. It's unrequited at the moment though.
    • Hikari knows of Takeru's feelings somewhat and likes to tease him. However she herself still doesn't know how she feels but plays it off. She's more mature and can hide how she feels.
    • Takeru's seiyuu talks on how Takeru was treated as the crybaby of the group in the beginning and how that has changed.
    • They also talked about the relationship between Takeru/Hikari and their respective siblings.
    • There is definitely more of the Takeru and Hikari relationship on the way.

derozio

Years
  • To the people dissappointed about the animation I just want to leave this image of Omnimons appearance in one of the last episodes of Xros Wars right here:

Just let that sink in, we could've had way worse.
    "We could've had way worse" doesn't excuse what we got in any way, tbh. Might as well pick up examples from Toei's other works that use stills with bad art and say we could've had it worse, you know, knowing Toei's bad past record. You'd think with a project as important and huge as this one, they'd put in more effort. But I guess that's not the case here, after all.

But I guess it is understandable. Since this is basically a 24 episode TV series being released in the form of movies. If it were just one movie or two, this kind of work would've been bad. But for what we're getting (basically a two cour series divided into 6 parts), this is okay.

New information has been surrounding the net lately:
    Dude. DUDE. THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY.

I shipped those two so hard. <3; Hikari is one of my fave digidestined and this turn of events makes me really happy. And more of Joe and Mimi is welcome. I like Mimi as she is now and we haven't seen much of Joe in the first movie so that's also a plus.

Years
  • "We could've had way worse" doesn't excuse what we got in any way, tbh. Might as well pick up examples from Toei's other works that use stills with bad art and say we could've had it worse, you know, knowing Toei's bad past record. You'd think with a project as important and huge as this one, they'd put in more effort. But I guess that's not the case here, after all.
    The thing is, it's not just a still screen that shows up for a second, it's Omnimon's introduction and stays that way for about 10 seconds.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Now that I've seen the first movie, the yaoi hints are too strong. Fangirls will be all over the place.

*he is actually a fanboy*

(Spoiler from First Movie)
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    (Spoiler from First Movie)
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I should also probably state that I still haven't actually watched tri. yet.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I should also probably state that I still haven't actually watched tri. yet.

For what I see in the trailers at least their digimon are scheduled to appear. They just can't remove 02 from the continuity (or at least everything that goes before the "epilogue"), so I'm expecting them to show even if they don't play an important role.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    so basically their pulling the same stunt that was done with legend of korra and giving way to the shippers?

Honestly , I would prefer someone associate with Darkness for Kari ! Someone who also affected by the Dark Ocean .
    Digimon Anime could use a new protagonist who's already broken and damage until his partner Digimon and friends help him recover.
    FYI : I'm not taking about a delinquent , I'm talking about some loner who's often unnoticed by others or Someone who pretend to be a comic relief to hide his dark side.
    Suppose , If I wrote Adventure 02 then Davis would be a kid who simply pretending to be a comic relief when he is actually very serious , mature and damaged person with a Dark past! Something like having an abusive Father who's in Jail for murdering his mother.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back