• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Criticize my team!!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    So this is my current pokemon team that i just barely finished, It is only for battling with friends
    and WE DO NOT USE POKESAV. Therefor some abilities and moves that competitive users of these pokemon use, I have not yet had access to so please keep that in mind! nor do we really care about EVs.

1. Togekiss
    Timid
    Shell bell (for lack of leftovers)
    Serene Grace

Air slash, Flamethrower, Thunder wave, Wish

2. Skarmory
    Impish
    Leftovers
    Sturdy

Brave Bird, Spikes, Roost, Whirlwind

3. Espeon
    Timid
    Light Clay
    Synchronize (would have liked magic bounce.)

Psychic, Signal Beam, Reflect, Light Screen

4. Milotic
    Calm
    Leftovers
    Marvel Scale

Scald, Ice Beam, Recover, Dragon Tail

5. Haxorus
    Jolly
    Draco Plate/Life Orb
    Mold Breaker

Dual Chop(i like more than dragon claw), Outrage, Earthquake, Dragon Dance

6. Dragonite
    Adamant
    Life Orb
    Inner Focus (desperately trying to obtain a multiscale dragonite)

Dragon Claw, Fire Punch, Roost, Dragon Dance

My main game plan is getting one of my 2 dragons set up with dragon dance(s) and sweeping.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Your team looks pretty good for now, however it doesn't fit here, as this is only for Black and White discussion. I'm going to throw it over to Competitive Team Help, since you seem to want opinions of competitive players and your team looks fairly competitive, despite it being against friends. That'll allow you to get more helpful rates compared to in-game team help in which the rates will be of less use to you.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    The team looks good, though I fell having two Dragon types is a little over the top.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I know you don't really care about EVs, but they're really, really, important in competitive play.

You can get Lefties from one of the trash cans in Village Bridge. It can also be found in Castelia Sewers in B2/W2. Togekiss really needs Roost here for recovery. Shell Bell doesn't really cut it as a recovery item:
    -Thunder Wave/Body Slam
    -Air Slash
    -Aura Sphere/Flamethrower/Nasty Plot
    -Roost
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace

Magic Bounce is what makes Espeon so good. Unless it has Magic Bounce, don't use it at all. An Eevee with Anticipation can be obtained at Castelia City in B2/W2 post-National Dex.

Milotic is better with a Bold nature and 248 HP/252 Def/8 Spe to help it take physical hits more easily, as it's specially strong defensively already.

Haxorus gained coverage moves in Aqua Tail, Superpower and Low Kick in B2/W2:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Low Kick/Taunt
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 36 HP/252 Atk/220 Spe
    Item: Lum Berry/Yache Berry
    Ability: Mold Breaker

Multiscale Dragonite has a small chance of being encountered in the Route 18 Hidden Hollow in B2/W2.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    Well its not that I dont care at ALL about EVs, I did my best to try and ensure that they got some good EVs but im sure im no where near close to perfect ev distribution.

Also, thanks for the responses guys, helped out alot =)

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Very good team in my opinion. The only criticism I'll make is that no-one resists rock, but most of the Rock-type moves are physical and will usually miss anyway. I might not beat Skarmory, but let me see if I can plough through it with my Rampardos. :P

Back