• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help With My Team!

Years
  • Hiya guys,

I've found myself with a lot of free time so I thought, hey why don't I work on my Pokemon game? Then I go on it and find that all my Pokemon are really rubbish. -.-

So I thought I'd gather a team up to battle other people online. Anyways here's where I want your help.
    I've literally gathered up some Pokemon that I like and thrown them into my mix. I want your thoughts and opinions as well as advice and recommendations. Feel free to criticize (I tend to take it aboard ^.^ ). Thank you.

So first off, I have Espeon. I've always liked Espeon. I was thinking of having it with max SpA and max Spe and using it as my sweeper. It will have its Hidden Ability; Magic Bounce and powered up with these moves:
    Substitute
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Baton Pass

Next, I've thought about Rotom. My favorite form of Rotom has always been the Lawnmower (I don't know why but I love it!) However something has been pushing me to go with the weird Microwave form as it has less weaknesses and more resistances. I'd hope to max SpA and again Spe for scouting purposes. Its moves will be as listed:
    Overheat
    Shadow Ball
    Volt Switch
    Will-O-Wisp

Thirdly, I wanted to add a physical fighter so to math my Espeon, I'd go with Scizor. It has great typing with only one weakness to fire and a base attack power of 130! I'd max its Atk and Spe. It will have Technician as its ability and move such as:
    Bullet Punch
    U-Turn
    Superpower
    Pursuit

Now for my fourth member I thought that I needed a more defensive Pokemon. I've gone with Tentacruel. The reason being is that it's a bulky water type Pokemon that has an upper hand with grass types. I'd max its Hp and Def to make it extremely bulky against those volt tackles. I'd have Tentacruel with its ability of liquid ooze because I have no intention of a Rain Dance-r. Its moves will be:
    Scald
    Toxic Spikes
    Ice Beam
    Sludge Bomb

My Fifth addition is Hydreigon. Now I know that it isn't the fastest dragon out there but it has a wide move-pool that can counter most Pokemon as well as take a few hits. I have thought about Dragonite but it would have a x4 weakness to ice (One Ice move = Dead Dragon xP). I'd like to max its SpA and Spe. Its moveset would be:
    Focus Blast
    Draco Meteor
    Flamethrower
    Acrobatics

I haven't set my mind for my 6th member. I was thinking of things between: Tangrowth, Slaking, Ninjask (with speed boosts + protect and baton pass), Shedija and Armaldo. Of course I'm up for any suggestions.

Thank you for taking your time reading this, I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Shay.

Shikai

Fight for the name of Pokemon
    Years
  • Well I'll tell you right now basically half of your team sucks. I am OK with ESpeon but if your going to have one at least make it have a water type move like muddy water. TENTACRUEL is a straight no. Why have two water type pokemon that are week to electric and grass. You don't want your team to weakness to be the same thing. Sci or is a yes to me but the moves you gotta make them more helpful in a way to him and your team. Rotom and ninjas is a no. I reccomend having Altaria as a dragon/flying pokemon and get a groundd or electric pokemon

Years
  • Hiya, thank you for taking your time to help me out.

First off, I appreciate your help, which 2 of my Pokemon are weak to water and grass please? Can Espeon even can learn Muddy Water? o.O

Secondly, what moves would you recommend for Scizor to have please?

Thirdly, why would you have an Altaria instead of a Hydriegon?

Lastly, what electric type would you recommend please?

Thanks, Shay.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Espeon can't learn Muddy Water. At all. And speaking of Espeon, it's walled hard by Dark Pokémon. I don't think it needs Sub at all:
    -Calm Mind
    -Stored Power
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)
    -Baton Pass
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Bounce

Shadow Ball is useless on Rotom-H, as a neutral STAB Overheat outdamages an unSTABed supereffective Shadow Ball:
    -Volt Switch
    -Overheat
    -Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp
    -Pain Split
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef

I wouldn't recommend Altaria; it's weak offensively. Hydreigon's movepool is massive; it's filled up to the brim with coverage moves, but some of these moves are better than others:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Superpower
    -Dark Pulse/Earthquake/Earth Power/Roost
    Nature: Mild/Rash
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

or
    -Substitute
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Focus Blast
    -Fire Blast/Roost
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

or
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Focus Blast
    -U-turn/Dark Pulse
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs

Dragonite is still viable because while it's true that a 4x Ice weakness cripples it somewhat, its Multiscale ability helps cushion the blow, assuming it's at full health. The ability can always be reset with Roost:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Fire Punch
    -Roost/ExtremeSpeed/Earthquake
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Ability: Multiscale

or
    -Outrage
    -ExtremeSpeed
    -Fire Punch/Waterfall
    -Earthquake/Superpower
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Bnad

or
    -Substitute
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Roost
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP/72 Def/60 SDef/132 Spe

or
    -Substitute
    -Thunder Wave/Flamethrower
    -Dragon Tail
    -Roost
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef

or
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    -Thunder Wave
    -Roost
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef

The only time that Scizor would use max Attack/max Speed is when it's running an offensive Swords Dance set:
    -Swords Dance
    -Bullet Punch
    -Bug Bite
    -Superpower/Brick Break
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Technician

You're better off investing in bulk for 4 attacks Scizor to take advantage of its useful resists:
    -U-turn
    -Bullet Punch
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit/Quick Attack
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
    Item: Choice Band

Or you can opt for a bulky Swords Dance to let it live longer:
    -Swords Dance
    -Bullet Punch
    -Bug Bite/Superpower
    -Roost
    EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

Rain Dish is still Tentacruel's preferred ability to let it take advantage of opposing rain:
    -Scald
    -Toxic/Toxic Spikes
    -Rapid Spin
    -Substitute/Protect
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/236 Def/20 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge
    Ability: Rain Dish

Shedinja needs loads of support to work. Slaking is crippled by its ability. Armaldo has no useful resists whatsoever. Don't use them in OU. Tangrowth is viable, yes, but Amoonguss is better because of its utility with Spore:
    -Spore
    -Giga Drain
    -Hidden Power (Ice)/Sludge Bomb
    -Stun Spore/Clear Smog
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Black Sludge
    Ability: Regenerator

or
    -Spore
    -Giga Drain
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Stun Spore
    EVs: 120 HP/128 Def/252 SAtk/8 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Regenerator

You already have an Electric Pokémon in Rotom-H.

Years
  • Just use the pokemon you like.
    And a tentacruel is epic :O.
    Nothing wrong with movepool of scizor.
    Try salamance since it looks cool and has a very good ability in moxie? Dragonite has a very usefull ability in multiscale too. It can take an ice attack.
    For espeon as a sweeper, I wouldnt recommend substitute, but thats just my opinion.
    Maybe go with a fire or ground/rock type for your last slot, perhaps a fighting type?
    If you really want that hydreigon you should give it: draco meteor,roost,fire blast and superpower. If you really want an electric type pokemon you should try electivire.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thank you so much this has really help with my deciding, Greatly appreciated ^.^
    The only this that I would point out is that if I add Amoongus to my team then wouldn't that generate 2 poison types onto my team... Would I have to worry about this or am I fretting over nothing.

Thanks, Shay.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Poison pokemon are weak to ground + pshychic. You can trap the psychic pokemon with scizor+ pursuit. So you got that covered. Also I think Rotom is immune to ground so thats a safe swith-in? You shouldn't worry about that though.

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
    Years
  • Terrakion is a viable member for your last addition.
    Close combat
    Stone edge
    Swords dance
    Earthquake

A viable life orb set

Last edited:
    Back