• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Well when I was sick coughing blood I came up with this new idea for a game, totally unlike most fan games (its my style) where you have to study newly-discovered wild pokemon behaviour and take photos, Ill tell you more later =D
I will be making the graphics COMPLETELY by myself...here is a short section of a map in hoenn
bigmap.png

and the camera feature!
tuatriasnapshot.png

there will be a lot of wild pokemon running around the maps as you try and take good photos, but I am unsure wether I should try to implement pokemon battling to make it more fun.

sorry for the size and credit to cobalt for the new pokemon designs

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Finally you posted this. Yay. I love the camera idea. I don't think you need battles if you have enough photos.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2012
very creative!! Chipset grafx r unbelievable! Very nice, like an updated pokemon game, i give u my props.

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
Years
Game sounds awesome and the new graphics are Amazing!!! Good luck!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, I have the same opinion as everyone else! Great game.

---Writing from Daejeon---

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
thanks everyone!
no the camera isnt moveable and no its not based on dino, that is just one of the new pokemon called tuatria based on a tuatara (its like an ancient lizard) made by my friend cobalt, there will be other new pokemon too.

EDIT: no one has noticed the lotad swimming in the water hidden XD

KARR

Master Nerd
Years
Expedition? Snap 2005! XD

Great tiles, but won't you work out a better template for the camera feature?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Yeah I was thinking of making it better...Ill try make it movable if It can be coded,
right now the idea is that you have to go after certain photos.
I didnt call it snap because the game is more about studying pokemon and treating them like wild animals and going on a mission to take some photos as a part of it, and the title is subject to change. With this game Im really trying to make them seem more realistic

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
EDIT: no one has noticed the lotad swimming in the water hidden XD
There always seems to be some sort of hidden pokemon in your screens. I better keep a keener eye. *sends out pidgeot*
Im really trying to make them seem more realistic
Your spriting skills should really come in handy. Well, once again GOOD LUCK!

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2007
this graphics is GOD.

Cant wait for more screenshot and for demo!!!
u r good graphic , can u help me with graphics? :(

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Utter. Pwnage. Completely. Pwn'd. Me.

OK, you're.. like... too good at custom graphics, it's not fair! =P

Excellence is clearly your field of expertise, sheck.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Lol I hate that word but thanks I guess XD
I cant raelly help other people much because I cant have favourites, and Im really quite busy with this, my johto thing, my other game and helping projects

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
I noticed the Lotad. I just didn't know it's name. Most Pokemon past 251 I recognize but can't call it by name. Only the select ten or so past the first 251. Can't wait to see the hanging Metapods or Kakuna in the trees. That will rock. I've always wanted to include that in one of my own games.

Even if it was based completly on photos, Pokemon Snap (just that alone) would be a stolen copyrighted name.

I look foreward to your future work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back