• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The journey of Bianca and Cheren

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Bianca and Cheren weren't just your normal rivals. They were important characters to the entire fifth generation. In a way, they grew with you, as you went through both BW and B2W2, you grew up, learnt a lot, battled a lot, and your rivals actually made something of themselves. This is something we hadn't seen before in other games. They went from awkward and goal driven, to characters that actually made something of themselves between the two sets of games.

What did you think of this transition/their journey? Which character do you think made the most of their journey (as in succeeded the most in their goal?) Did you get attached to them - Bianca not knowing what she wanted to becoming Juniper's assistant, and Cheren, with a goal to become the best... and ending up, leading his own gym. Were their journies realistic? What else would've you liked to see them become between the two sets of games? Which moments do you think really were the turning points in their journies between the two sets of games? These are just some questions to consider, share your thoughts on how they transformed! C:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Honestly I feel like Bianca made the most of it. With Cheren...you just knew deep down in your heart; "That Boy will be a wonderfully amazing Gym Leader someday". Or at least I did. Like seriously I feel like he was the Gym Leader from the first step of the adventure.

So yeah, I do feel like Bianca came through a lot longer of a path. And to be honest; I really identify with her. Bianca doesn't really know what she wants to achieve with her adventure at first, she just wants to go! She wants to grow and see what she grows up into! To me, that's exactly how I felt when I was young! I didn't feel like I had any particular goal in mind. I just wanted to see where life would take me! Because I like to experience life! The good and the bad! (Especially the good though!)

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Biance and Cheren were two amazing rivals, both of which had there own special story. Bianca, the girl who wanted to go on an adventure, with protective parents. Cheren, the clever boy know it all who needed a hard lesson that just knowing your stuff wasn't skill. Love these two.

Years
  • I really loved this duo, because they complemented each other and they both learned they were lacking something that the main protagonist had. It was so great watching them grow over the course of the game, but if I had to choose which one of the two I liked better I'd say Bianca because her story is more relatable to me, especially the confrontation with her father in Nimbasa City because it reminds me how much my mother was in her concerns I wouldn't function in the world unassisted.

Back