• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Light Verison

Tigerfang98

Elite 4
Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2017
    This is the thread for Pokemon Light Version, a fan game made with Pokemon Essentials, currently in its first beta stage. This game is a more serious/darker take on traditional Pokemon games, and is a bit more difficult to complete. I started this project for older gamers who want a more serious game, but still want the overall Pokemon experience.

Plot: The region of Oplio is under attack. A terrorist syndicate known as Team Venom is attempting to overthrow Oplio and rule it for themselves. To save the region, a budding young trainer will have to become a hero and take down the gang bent on world domination. On the way, he/she will face many obstacles, including ambitious rivals, strong gym leaders and an elite 4 unlike anything he/she has ever seen.

Current Features:

All 720 Pokemon with complete move sets

Complete item list

8 Gyms and Elite 4 with champion

All mega evolutions

Extensive region map

Trailer:

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xrldf9hvwscom19/AADyOvtALx1A8ViIw9Sx--qqa?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:

PsyShockker

Looking at the Demo, It looks really good.
    If you can add some screenshots and make the topic more organized, it would look better.

Guest123123

When I open the game I get this error: "Script 'SpriteWindow' line 218: Runtime Error Occured. filename is nil"

Guest123123

So it turns out the error I got was just because it was trying to load the save file from my own game in Essentials from before I renamed it. So I deleted that save and I've beaten the game now. Also @ everyone asking how far the demo goes, it goes up to the Champion. There's also a Battle Frontier but it hasn't been programmed in yet.

PsyShockker

You made a mistake on the thread title. zit should be Version, not Verison.

Tigerfang98

Elite 4
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2017
    So it turns out the error I got was just because it was trying to load the save file from my own game in Essentials from before I renamed it. So I deleted that save and I've beaten the game now. Also @ everyone asking how far the demo goes, it goes up to the Champion. There's also a Battle Frontier but it hasn't been programmed in yet.

Whaaat??? You've already beaten the entire game?

There is actually all the 720 pokémon ?

Technically, they're all in the game's code, but you can't catch all of them yet... I'd estimate you can catch about 400 or so, so there's plenty to keep you busy until the next version comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest123123

Whaaat??? You've already beaten the entire game?
    I have a lot of time on my hands so I can often play through entire games (both official and fanmade, and not just Pokemon) in 2-3 sittings.

Tigerfang98

Elite 4
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2017
    It's basically the traditional Pokemon game, but with more emphasis on the criminal syndicate

Back