• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my UU team (shoddy)

JOSHIKINZ_94

The crusader
Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    6 Pokes. 1 Team.

I generally find the UU tier more entertaining than the OU. So I decided to watch a few shoddy battles on different servers, and get some ideas. This is pretty much an offensive team with some support here and there. All comments and critics will be taken into account provided a valid reason is given. Thanks for your help:)

Team at a glance:

cloyster, hitmontop, houndoom, mismaguis, venasaur, altaria

A closer look:

Cloyster (M) @ leftovers
    Ability: shell armour
    Evs: 252 HP/4 ATK/252 SP.DEF
    careful
    -ice shard
    -rapid spin
    -spikes
    -explosion
    This is my lead spiker. Pretty simple really, just set up spikes and spin away the opponents rocks and spikes. Ice shard for priority, and explosion to take out or largely dent the opponents pokemon.

Hitmontop (M) @ leftovers
    Ability: intimidate
    Evs: 252 HP/252 ATK/4 def
    Adamant
    -rapid spin
    -foresight
    -close combat
    -sucker punch
    My second rapid spinner and a kind of supporting poke for my team. Foresight for the likes of frosslass and spirit, but the former being 2HKO'd by stone edge and having to switch out for the latter. Is also my physical sweeper when needed. Can really help me out when I need it.

Houndoom (M) @ life orb
    Ability: flash fire
    Evs: 4 ATK/252 SP.ATK/
    Modest
    -dark pulse
    -hidden power (grass)
    -flamethrower
    -nasty plot
    My special sweeper, and a very fun set. Come in on a weak attack or something houndoom forces out, and then nasty plot on the switch. After that, a +2 life orb STAB boosted flamethrower or dark pulse will be leaving some dents in the opponents team. Is somewhat limited in how long its lifespan in play is, and that can sometimes become a hinderance. Has some good synergy with hitmontop and venasaur, where I can switch in to psychic attacks aimed at the former and the latter, switch in and gain a flash fire boost from fire attacks aimed at venasaur, and if threatened by ground attacks I can switch to mismagius.

Mismagius (F) @ leftovers
    Ability: levitate
    Evs: 252 HP/60 SPD/ 196 SP.DEF
    Calm
    -hidden power (fighting)
    -shadow ball
    -will-o-wisp
    -pain split
    This is my bulky mis set, and it does a respectable job. Normally switches in when venasaur is threatened by a psychic attack or when houndoom is threatened with a ground attack. I come in, normally expect the opponent to switch to a physical counter( which they do), and burn it. Hidden power fighting for the likes of absol, shadow ball for consistent STAB, and pain split for a semi-recovery move. If I cannot handle said dark types, I switch over to hitmontop to take care of business.

Venasaur (M) @ life orb
    Ability: overgrow
    Evs: 52 HP/4 DEF/252 SP.ATK/200 SPD
    Timid
    -leaf storm
    -sludge bomb
    -sleep powder
    -hidden power (ground)
    My kind-of main star on the team. Many will expect a SD version and then get shocked to see their being hit by a sludge bomb or leaf storm or hidden power. Absorbs toxic spikes set by an all too seen enemy drapion, and can proceed to kill it with hidden power ground. Sludge bomb for opposing grass types who think they will be able to wall, and sleep powder to spread some status and give me a free turn.

Altaria (M) @ leftovers
    Ability: natural cure
    Evs: 252 hp/200 DEF/56 SP.DEF
    Calm
    -dragon pulse
    -flamethrower
    -heal bell
    -roost
    The cleric of my team. Roost for survivability, heal bell for the usual purposes of healing status my team may have. Dragon pulse for STAB and flamethrower for coverage.

PROBLEMS
    -priority. I simply don't have it, so I may lose out on decisive times in a battle
    -prediction. If I don't predict my switches right with this team, then it could spell game over for me

Thanks for all your help guys, it is much appreciated.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • To fix your priority problem, you could give Hitmontop Sucker Punch, KOs most ghosts who switch in on you and might try and attack you with any special attack.

And for Cloyster I would change it to 252HP/4Atk/252SpDef, because otherwise any Special Attack not named Ice Beam is going to wreck it, maxing out Special Defence will give it a little more survivability, also change nature to Careful.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • You should put Sucker Punch over Stone Edge, since it appears the main reason you have Stone Edge is to hit Froslass, who will still be hit with SE damage, and better accuracy.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Change Mismagius' nature from Jolly to Calm. Jolly is kinda dumb as you carry two special attacks. Calm lets you take more special hits.

Back