• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    This looks nice but the text thats under the character thats what they said right?shouldn't that be on top of the character?most mmorpgs have the msg on top of the character. Well i don't know if you fixed it or anything i don't really want to go through all pages =P

well good luck ;D

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • Whoo, you're back! That means that I still have a chance to become a mapper. The first day of this game it'll lag so bad you'll have to down the servers. Blacksprite has an advantage, since nobody can beta the game and find bugs and think it'll be that bad when it releases, he'll have more users when he starts. On that beta note, we need more pictures.

Is there going to be a fee for a 'gold' account or something? Because I think I'd get one if there is.

stezy

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    I like this project, looks and sounds awesome, if you can pull it off, this will be a hit!

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    oh yeah, i forgiot
    where are the servers for this going to be? or will it be a torrent-like server system?

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    well, since its an online game, it needs a server to play through, right?
    what i was thinking was thsi
    torrents work by people storing the file on their computers, then when you go and download the torrent it pulls data from the users computers that have that file and the torrent tracker
    i figure that maybe the game could do the same thing, by using the computers that they are all stored on as all part of a super server

Years
  • This is really good, It kind of imitates the entire Pokemon Pearl/Diamond with the 3D effects.

But overall it's looks very interesting, may I ask what the link is..?

Is there a beta version also?

And Do you need to download? Or is it a web-based?

I know this stuff because, I was a designer at Pokemon Crater, but sadly it closed down last week..

So, if you need any help PM me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    Maybe what you can do is make a test in the game to become a gym leader

"what? Did I go to far man this sucks maybe we should forget it I'll take you to the Test grounds."

Congrats, you passed the test now to create a badge." this is the lines.

"You have offically become a Gymleader now yo must find trainers to join your gym!"

"You have [NUMBER] trainers in your gym now you can open your gym."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    what is the website'??

what is the website of this game,
    The Online Adventures?

Please,

Can u tell me what the link is thank you!!

Last edited:

altemon

The Creator of All Existence
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2011
    You'll have a choice whether to accept battle challenges, unlike in the other games, right?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    wat is the link??

umm... excuse me can u pls send the link of that verry cool game??

Thank you!!

hey man can we ba frends??

Last edited:

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • umm... excuse me can u pls send the link of that verry cool game??

Thank you!!

hey man can we ba frends??

If you want the link to the website look into Blacksprites Sig.
    If you want the link to the game: FORGETT IT!!! It´s not finished. And don´t even dare to ask when it´s finnished. Just search the thread!

And if you want to have friends, and become friends with Blacksprite, or me or WHOEVER, PM that person!!!!!!!!!

Don´t want to be (too) rude, I´m just tired, and sick of these questions

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • well, since its an online game, it needs a server to play through, right?
    what i was thinking was thsi
    torrents work by people storing the file on their computers, then when you go and download the torrent it pulls data from the users computers that have that file and the torrent tracker
    i figure that maybe the game could do the same thing, by using the computers that they are all stored on as all part of a super server
    scienceboy, it is based on a server to client method and not p2p, I don't know about torrent servers, but this is all it is to it.

There is a server, in which there are all maps and pictures and stuff, and your save files, and you become a client who obtains the stuff.

Better off he could be going for the less bandwidth way, in which he gives you all the maps, pictures and everything except your save file. That way it is difficult to cheat and yet it leaches less net, this is very good for dial up people, and the server hosts themselves.

He can't use the p2p in this, that will destry the game, though you could use p2p for trades and matches, still it should be server-client here as well.

EDIT: Sorry, I was just reminded, torrent servers are mostly server-client as well, the person who wants it goes to the server which fetches the data from the other user, if it is this way, the save file would be on the user's computer, and this would be really bad considering that the save file being on the users computer especially on an MMORPG, can be hacked and this wouldn't only effect their game but the whole worlds, and why would a person need to access another user's stuff, only for trading right.

And if you meant that the files be stored on someother computer, it would be pointless, it won't increase the speeds to much of an extent or something, basically the program needs to be on a server, and if you put these files on the server as well, it doesn't speed it up much, so yeah.

Better off having the game files on the user's computer, lol I am not talking about the server, besides the server doesn't need many files, the client needs it, whereever it is getting them from, the server or hard drive.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2008
    Wow - Taking too long...

This all looks good, and it did in Apr 2006 when it was first posted.
    Please post more content if this project is still live.

I've gotten so tired of waiting that I've made my own Pokemon MMORPG, so far its been in the works 5-weeks and users can already Battle Each other, catch wild Pokemon, Chat, Change Pokemon using the PC and Battle with NPC's.

Please post some Links or something to keep up the interest...

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    well, shameless plugger, i looked at yours, and i have to say this

this one is better, even if it is taking longer

please don't just post to plug your own thing

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • scienceboy, it is based on a server to client method and not p2p, I don't know about torrent servers, but this is all it is to it.

There is a server, in which there are all maps and pictures and stuff, and your save files, and you become a client who obtains the stuff.

Better off he could be going for the less bandwidth way, in which he gives you all the maps, pictures and everything except your save file. That way it is difficult to cheat and yet it leaches less net, this is very good for dial up people, and the server hosts themselves.

He can't use the p2p in this, that will destry the game, though you could use p2p for trades and matches, still it should be server-client here as well.

EDIT: Sorry, I was just reminded, torrent servers are mostly server-client as well, the person who wants it goes to the server which fetches the data from the other user, if it is this way, the save file would be on the user's computer, and this would be really bad considering that the save file being on the users computer especially on an MMORPG, can be hacked and this wouldn't only effect their game but the whole worlds, and why would a person need to access another user's stuff, only for trading right.

And if you meant that the files be stored on someother computer, it would be pointless, it won't increase the speeds to much of an extent or something, basically the program needs to be on a server, and if you put these files on the server as well, it doesn't speed it up much, so yeah.

Better off having the game files on the user's computer, lol I am not talking about the server, besides the server doesn't need many files, the client needs it, whereever it is getting them from, the server or hard drive.

long quote. your absolutely right though.

Sorry Guys i have been neglecting you.
    Work over new years is nuts.
    but never the less im sure i could have found 2 seconds to talk to you guys.

well lets see here i don't know what i have already told you but...
    p2p is working (slightly bugged)
    wild Pokemon battles is working but incredibly resource heavy server end with saving and loading of all the Pokemon variables.
    I'm glad to see the fan base for the project is still here.
    I've just began work on some mapping elements i need this done before i cant start mapping or we will have to erase our maps every time i re-write the code.
    Surfing -working
    Fly - in essence is working but will have to wait for maps to be finished before it will work.
    Ive also begun drafting a player housing system.
    then i will work out the economy in depth

I hope to release another battle server for just battling on but i refuse to release crappy work. so I will wait for someone to make some Graphics for buttons etc GUI

Well i will hopefully finish up tonight with a fair bit done.

Good day or good night

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2008
    This game looks very nice and promissing Blacksprite. I also see in the above post that you're looking for someone to help with the graphics and i think i can help you out with that. The only thing that is working against me, is that i have some exams the next two weeks so im not able to create anything in the meanwhile.

~ Joeys
    joeys.deviantart.com

Mclenz

Master Mclenz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2015
    Yo Blacksprite, i doubt if you remember me but i was an early spriter with you on this. If you need any help, i'm back on the forums.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back