• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why didn't Nintendo make Pocket Monster Special as Pokemon Anime?

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2015
    I m noob to Pokemon World...
    But I was interesting Pokemon since 2 yrs ago...
    Now what I want to know is why Nintendo didnt make Manga as Anime?
    Bcoz I saw Manga is so good if compared to current Anime Series... :)

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Two reasons.

The first is because the current show is safe and nets them a lot of money. Doling out so much more for a show that isn't recognized as official, and as such, reaches into various gray areas that could wrestle the nerves of various older persons would be risky and superfluous from a marketing standpoint. More money's great, but they have other ways of expanding their product.

And the second, it's not theirs. Pokemon owns the anime, which is an adaptation of the game. Pokemon Special, on the other hand, is just one of various manga that happened to sprout up, and its the most successful one. They could form a partnership or buy it, but then we go back to point number one.

So it's possible, but unlikely.

Back