• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you guys think of the new style for Serena?

Guest123_x1

I love both of Serena's designs just as much as one another. Sure, her new haircut may look a bit "ragged", but it actually fits in with her current outfit quite well (especially her hat.)
If they give her another redesign in the future... I just hope it's as cute or cuter than the current or original ones.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
They're both fine. I'm hoping she gets a third design eventually too, where she has that ponytail look from the games and another new outfit. In fact I think it would be interesting if she changed her design every 50-60 episodes or so until she leaves at the end of XY.

Years
I love both of Serena's designs just as much as one another. Sure, her new haircut may look a bit "ragged", but it actually fits in with her current outfit quite well (especially her hat.)

I agree, she looks good in literally any style. While some aren't a fan of the short hair I do think it suits her current outfit more than her original long hair.

They're both fine. I'm hoping she gets a third design eventually too, where she has that ponytail look from the games and another new outfit. In fact I think it would be interesting if she changed her design every 50-60 episodes or so until she leaves at the end of XY.

The question is, how the hell could she do that ponytail with the short hair? But it would be interesting to see her change looks throughout the series given her redesign was partly a promotion of XY's character customization feature.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think the best thing that they can do with Serena's hair now is for it to gradually grow back out. If it's suddenly longer then it's just ????? but it would be great if it just doesn't stay short the whole time.

Though honestly what are the chances of the Pokemon anime doing that hahahah.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Truth is , Serena is Cute but she is average Cute.
She is not as ''Incredibly Cute'' as May ! Specially after cutting her hair.
Look , Even this minor background character look cuter then Serena--

016.jpg

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'm wondering if Serena will look like this in future---

Spoiler:

Honestly , I have doubt about cheering for Miette ! But now that Serena cut her hair , I don't think I have no problem in cheering for Miette,
Specially if her personality turn out to be better then Serena.

Now that Serena cut her hair, she looks even more cuter and sexy then May.

You wish !!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
I love both of her styles, and I think she looks great in both! I do prefer her second design with the short hair and new outfit a little more though, because I think it suits her better. I was very surprised at her drastic change as first, but I really loved it after I got used to it =)

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I can see hate toward Serena's short hair and I can understand the reason.
After all , Can Serena's current hairstyle match up to this--
tumblr_inline_nqizfqHz8q1r5c3om_540.jpg

Truth is , Serena just needed to change her Sideswept with Bang! But cutting her hair was too much of a Overkill.
Also , I think Serena should ditch that Hat because its too old-fashioned ! Honestly , I prefer Serena more with Ponytail then hat .
Now , I can hope that Serena leave the group temporally and return with another design and a new personality.
Honestly , I prefer if she appear with an One-side ponytail or Bun--
Spoiler:

Its surprising that its Serena's month is about to end but there is no discussion about her.

Last edited:

Flame45

Lost in the echo
Years
I'm okay with the short hair but the costume is what gets me, i feel like it's just overdone. And i don't know if i'm the only one but she just looks taller now.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I'm wondering if Serena will look like this in future---

Spoiler:

Honestly , I have doubt about cheering for Miette ! But now that Serena cut her hair , I don't think I have no problem in cheering for Miette,
Specially if her personality turn out to be better then Serena.

You wish !!!

I don't need to wish since it already happen. Her second design is far more better.

Last edited:
Years
I'm okay with the short hair but the costume is what gets me, i feel like it's just overdone. And i don't know if i'm the only one but she just looks taller now.

I guess you think her boots give off the "looking taller" impression. The outfit is a little much compared to previous female companions but it does give her more individuality compared to her original design.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I don't need to wish since it already happen. Her second design is far more better.

Since its already happen Once mean it can happen again ! Therefore I hoping another redesign cause her shorthair can't match her Ponytail.
Honestly , I better prefer a time-skip where Serena appear with hair & outfit like this--

wpid-5-500x283-jpg.11578

A normal & casual outfit with longer and groomed straight hair.
She did nearly look like this in --

640px-Serena_movie_outfit_2.png

All Serena has to do is' to change her Bang and wear a more realistic outfit.
For now , I want her hair to grow slightly longer.
Long enough to reach her shoulder.
Like this girl--
9233.jpg

That way , it would be realistic.
May be , She can temporally leave the group to train with ''Battle Catherin'' and return with new look & Sassy personality.
If we believe that Mirror Ash can be stronger and Real Team Rocket can become Good guy someday then why can't Real Serena be more determinate and Sassy like Mirror Serena.
Seriously , Serena look really Cute when she glares !
After all , Even May started to act ''Sassy'' toward Ash from AG052 and she was even bigger crybaby then Serena.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2015
She looks ugly now in my opinion. I wasn't a fan of her to begin with but now she looks like a 3 year old.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
A thought pop into my head while watching the preview of latest movie.
Serena appear with Long hair in 1st XY Movie !
Then She appear with Short hair in 2nd XY Movie.
So , Would it be cool if Serena appear with another new hairstyle in the 3rd XY Movie ? Imagine Serena appearing in 3 movie with 3 different design.

Also , I wonder if Serena's new design could be look like this--
L_58644b153b00e8fe494a8efe2f863375.jpg

Surprisingly , This is the Best image of Lady (B2W2) I could find!
Its just so hard to find a good image of a specific ''Trainer Class'' from specific version.
Honestly , I wish Ash & Serena's personality to change after a ''Time Skip'' ! Ash become more like ''Haruhi Suzumiya/Sharlock Homes'' who does crazy thing to ease his boredom while Serena become more like ''Misty'' to keep Ash on line.

Years
A thought pop into my head while watching the preview of latest movie.
Serena appear with Long hair in 1st XY Movie !
Then She appear with Short hair in 2nd XY Movie.
So , Would it be cool if Serena appear with another new hairstyle in the 3rd XY Movie ? Imagine Serena appearing in 3 movie with 3 different design.

You know, it would be very interesting to see something like this happen. Change her looks as the series keeps going on, and if she gets another redesign I'd love to see her wear something in the games. Such as that kind of clothing from the Lumiose Boutique or something sporty, because she is a fashion lover and it'd be awesome to see all these different clothes on her.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2015
I didnt like the new design at first . but as i got used it . i kinda like it (Still prefer her long hair though) But i do hope in the future e eps they would atleast let it grow. but over all i think its cute :> Serena FTW

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2015
I personally love Serena's original hair style over her new hair style, though I will say that her new hair style still makes her look cute all the same. ♥

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'm waiting for the news of 3rd main game of Gen VI !
Specially since 2 new Pokemon is revealed So we should get news about the 3rd game soon.
The 3rd main game of Gen VI will introduce A new Serena or A New girl! So , Serena's 3rd redesign might be based on the New Serena or new girl from the upcoming 3rd game.
Plus , The New girl might be prettier then Serena.
Just like Rosa is prettier then Hilda .

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Since its already happen Once mean it can happen again ! Therefore I hoping another redesign cause her shorthair can't match her Ponytail.
Honestly , I better prefer a time-skip where Serena appear with hair & outfit like this--

wpid-5-500x283-jpg.11578

A normal & casual outfit with longer and groomed straight hair.
She did nearly look like this in --

640px-Serena_movie_outfit_2.png

All Serena has to do is' to change her Bang and wear a more realistic outfit.
For now , I want her hair to grow slightly longer.
Long enough to reach her shoulder.
Like this girl--
9233.jpg

That way , it would be realistic.
May be , She can temporally leave the group to train with ''Battle Catherin'' and return with new look & Sassy personality.
If we believe that Mirror Ash can be stronger and Real Team Rocket can become Good guy someday then why can't Real Serena be more determinate and Sassy like Mirror Serena.
Seriously , Serena look really Cute when she glares !
After all , Even May started to act ''Sassy'' toward Ash from AG052 and she was even bigger crybaby then Serena.

To be honest Serena second looks really great on her and i highly doubt they are going to change her look again. The way she look now is far more better then her first look which wasn't bad but needed to change.

Back