• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Awards ★ March 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Roleplay Awards ★ march 2015

Welcome to the new Roleplay Awards! (RPA)

This is a thing we do for fun in the Roleplay Corner, to highlight the stuff we've enjoyed lately and give well deserved praise to people you've admired and appreciated for their hard work and skills or just general awesomeness in our section. This is not a deadly serious competition. This is a way to show appreciation, to have a reason to look around at the roleplays and performances of others, and last but not at all least - to give you something to strive for and become a better roleplayer!

You participate in the RPA by filling in the form below with your votes and posting it in this thread. When the thread closes, the people and roleplays who received the most votes will be raised to the skies, hailed by their respectively earned titles, given some extra attention, fancy emblems and notes on their threads. Yay!

Voting ends on Saturday March 21st!

Rules

1 - be nice.
    2 - don't be a dick.
    3 - in order to vote, you need to currently be listed as a player or a GM in an active roleplay.
    4 - don't vote for yourself or a RP where you are a GM. (see rule 2)
    5 - don't vote for dead roleplays (not posted in IC for over TWO months)
    6 - don't vote for inactive roleplayers (people who have not posted anywhere in the RPC/RPL for over TWO months)
    7 - smile when you're filling out the form. Ok, this is not a rule, but it should be! Have fun :)

Voting Form

Favorite roleplay - Pokémon:

Favorite roleplay - Other:

Favorite roleplayer:

Favorite game master:

Best planner: (who has been the best contributor (in some way, up to your interpretation) to the Planning & Review thread? Doesn't necessarily matter if ideas brought up were actually realized into RPs or not!)

Best interviewer: (who do you think posed the most interesting questions or gave the fullest answers, in the We'll Interview Your Character thread?)

Most enjoyable character: (what character in a roleplay here has been your absolutely favorite to read about lately?)

Most memorable post: (which IC post that you have read lately did you find to be the very best?)

Get to voting! <3

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm assuming that not being able to vote for you also extends to roleplays that you have created. That's unfortunate really, but I understand your reasoning. Also I love that "Be nice" and "Don't be a dick" are two separate rules.

Anyway, ONWARDS!

Roleplay Awards - March 2015

Favorite roleplay - Pokémon: Begin Again by adventure - It was admittedly a bit tricky to choose between this and Trumpets, but I'm actually in this one which does make it slightly easier. Begin Again is very well constructed allowing us a lot of freedom with personal plots whilst still steering us in the right direction and possessing very fair and easy to understand mechanics. It has also given rise to some fantastic characters, plots and interactions. I think everyone involved is doing a great job, this is probably the most fun I've had in a pokemon-based RP. Also I have a head-canon that Trumpets and Begin Again occur in the same universe anyway, so it's okay right? xD

Favorite roleplay - Other: One Piece: The Golden Age by SV and Raikiri - I did dither between this and Outbreak for a while, but in the end I have to give it to Golden Age. The GMs are accommodating, the plot lines are fantastic and above all else the characters are all very fun, unique and interesting as are the people behind them.

Favorite Roleplayer: Carnivore Chie - She has to get this vote from me simply because she's good at everything. Carnivore Chie creates amazing characters, produces artistic and organised SUs, is a capable GM and consistently produces well-written and highly entertaining posts. She's a pleasure to JP with and her presence improves any RP.

Favorite game master: Raikiri - There are a lot of people who I think deserve this one, but I honestly think that Rai is overlooked a bit too often as a GM. He does an excellent job with the plots he creates (that Dinas arc for OP was heavenly), is great at working with other RPers and is just generally very good at managing an RP.

Best planner: The Prince of Sweet Sorrow gets this one from me. I can't remember the last time he posted an idea of his own, but he does an amazing job of helping other people develop their ideas which I think more than earns him this award. He has an impeccable eye for detail, noticing positives and negatives to ideas with ease and then helping with progressing these things forward. Not only that, he does it without being condescending or anything either.

Best interviewer: SV - Whilst I have to admit this guy has got enough damn awards, I can't fob off the fact that he deserves this one too. SV's questions are alway very well thought out and produce good replies and that's all there is to it.

Most enjoyable character: Anselme Gwenaël Ducreux by Geras32 - Anselme is pretty much a bum, but he's a great character. An unmotivated slacker with no goals outside of relaxing and working enough to pay the bills he one days enlists the help of his brother Enzo, a talented trainer, in improving his life. This turns out to be something of a mistake, Anselme is knocked out and awakes in the Kanto region far from his home and thrust into the life of a pokemon trainer with no knowledge of pokemon and only Enzo's old Beedrill as a guide. Whilst Geras has chosen to shift his focus to a new character, I really loved reading Anselme's antics. Every post as this character had me literally laughing out loud.

Most memorable post: Mark gets bitten by a zombie in Outbreak
    - Klippy threw one hell of a plot twist at us during the current chapter of his zombie apocalypse roleplay, Outbreak. None of us saw this coming, it was executed extremely well, will spawn a lot of great drama in the near future and was even well-written.

All done :D
    It was not easy choosing in some of these categories.

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Haven't been here (or at least I haven't been off hiatus) long enough to answer the first six categories. I do however have nominations for the last two:

Most enjoyable character:

Probably gimmepie's Timothy McGregor. I enjoyed every one of his posts, even the ones made before I joined that RP.

Most memorable post:

Mark Forrester gets bitten by a Zombie by Klippy (that plot twist O_o)

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Favorite roleplay - Pokémon: TBD

Favorite roleplay - Other: TBD

Favorite roleplayer:

Favorite game master: Raikiri. Because the Dinas Arc in One Piece was glorious. And there's no finer GM I'd do the RP tango with. Is that a thing? It is now.

Best planner: gimmepie

Best interviewer: Plumbum

Most enjoyable character: I love the entire current cast of One Piece: The Golden Age, because they go hard like [this]. If I could vote for them together, I would. But my favorite individual and most enjoyable character lately has actually been Razathiel the Dreadmage, from Pokemon Odyssey: The Search for Cresselia. It's a brilliant combination of over-the-top evilness and humor into the small package of a Ralts.

Most memorable post: This one. It was a tough choice but this one really had everything I loved in a post. Comedy, great writing, wonderful characters! Joint posts usually bring out the best of character interaction and I'd have to say that was the best.

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Since Adventure has been pushing me to complete a form despite my limited activity, allow the age-old Raikiri (a fragment from a time long passed) to contribute to this thread.

Favorite roleplay - Pokémon: Crossroads ; A Johto Story
    I normally don't care for Pokemon RPs, favoring Other RPs or ones that put Pokemon in a more secondary role. I especially don't care for journey RPs. Yet Crossroads has found a way to keep me interested despite the setbacks it has encountered in the past year. Adventure does an admirable job accommodating the colorful cast, responding to requests and shows excitement for the RP (when she can). And the players love working with each other. Simply put, it is a fun experience and the quality of the RP reflects that.

Favorite roleplay - Other: Abstaining.
    I am involved actively involved in my own other RP and given the limited time I have as it is, I cannot assess all the other RPs with a clean conscience to present an acceptable vote.

Favorite roleplayer: Sir Bastian
    Honestly, I am surprised this fine gent has not won this honor yet. Sir Bastian churns out believable characters and produces a steady stream of solid posts in any project I've seen him in. And having personally JP'd in excess with him, he is one of the reasons I feel like a terrible RPer since his quality of writing always seems higher than mine. He deserves some commendations, and he deserves them now.

Favorite game master: I'd consider voting for SV but he has enough awards as it is Adventure
    There are actually a handful of individuals I want to vote for, but seeing how Tales of Atlaria had to be put on hiatus for a time, I have to give to Adventure. She is running a couple RPs and always has ideas for more which I can attest is needed to run any RP. And she does it despite being too busy. Sure, breaks happen and life gets in the way from time to time, but she is generally easy to talk to and receptive to the RPers when she finds time.

Best planner: Abstaining.
    Seeing as I do not view the thread actively (as much as I support the idea of it), I cannot vote objectively.

Best interviewer: Abstaining.
    See above reasoning.

Most enjoyable character: Lemme get back to you.

Most memorable post: Ugh, this is a hard one. Lemme get back to you.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It suuure is difficult to vote when you're not in many RPs, I'm realizing O.o

Favorite roleplay - Pokémon: idk yet! I'll have a look around. Since I can't vote for Crossroads :B Which has got to be the most enjoyable pokémon RP I've been in, haha.

Favorite roleplay - Other: I'm just a huge fangirl of Outbreak, which I was only briefly a part of. It's so smartly done.

Favorite roleplayer: I've got to vote for Raikiri here. He thinks he is a bad writer, a terrible roleplayer and a shitty whatever you name it he thinks it. It's all lies. He is such a skilled wordsmith and character builder and his posts and characters are always amazing to read. Even Vincent. Yep, I said it. Ugh.

Favorite game master: Klippy. Just, wow.

Best planner: gimmepie is always there to give thoughts and advice. I really admire his devotion.

Best interviewer: I need to assess this a bit more.

Most enjoyable character: I can't answer Vincent, I can't hurt my own pride I'll think about it.

Most memorable post: I'll get back to you!

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Favorite roleplay - Pokémon:
    Begin again. While trumpets is enjoyable I've found that Begin again gives the players a lot of freedom in what they do, allowing for Jordaan to join team rocket whilst Gelius and Delta battled them.

Favorite roleplay - Other:
    I really really want to vote for outbreak... but I'm afraid it has to be SMASH! I enjoyed fleshing out one of my favorite characters, and who doesn't love a crossover? Shame it ended so early... /cry

Favorite roleplayer:
    Klippy. There is something about somebody who can describe the way candles smell then kill their character in less than a few sentences.

Favorite game master:
    Klippy. He managed to create an amazingly well working to that breaks the norm. Outbreak is innovative and in such a good way.

Most enjoyable character:
    Timothy McGreggor. Having created a sort of petty rivalry with him has been the most fun I've had in awhile.

Most memorable post:
    Klippy's post where he kills Mark. It actually left me in tears. Yet again I was cutting onions at the time...

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Just a little note: thanks to all the people voting for me. Makes me feel really good knowing I'm doing something you enjoy!

Favorite roleplay - Pokémon: Begin Again - I love being able to just freely explore the world of Pokemon and despite being on hiatus, I can't wait to get back to Benny and see what he can find.

Favorite roleplay - Other: Not for the reasons you think, but Outbreak. Despite losing so many people so often, my core group of RPers have made this a fantastic experience for me. I've loved seeing our characters bond, grow, and develop together. Bravo to you all for being consistently active and consistently stellar co-roleplayers. I know this vote won't count towards the total (nullify rule 2), but I truly respect the friends in my RP that participate with me.

Favorite roleplayer: It doesn't say we have to vote for only one? If my vote has to go for one, gimmepie will get it. He's been a consistent player in Outbreak from the go, McGregor has developed well and despite our recent tragic loss, I know McGregor will take an active role as leader and gimme has really brought him to life. I would also like to honor Animus, Varys, Oddball, Foxrally, and Nolafus who continue making the experience thrillingly fun.

Favorite game master: gimmepie puts in an amazing amount of effort into his RPs.

Most enjoyable character: This one is tough. Despite being dropped, I really did enjoy TheSyren's Syren character in Outbreak. He uniquely used tarot cards to determine how well his character did in each post and that was a really neat way to see a character.

Most memorable post: Despite it not being released yet (it's coming soon), the joint post of our survivors in Outbreak killing zombified Mark is already highly anticipated and I'm really excited to see what comes from it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Lets give this a final kick~
    Voting will close shortly, get your votes in while you can!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This ended up very scarcely responded to, but we'll go ahead and congratulate the winners of the few categories in which it was clear enough.

Favorite Pokémon RP: Begin Again

Favorite Game Master: tie between Raikiri & Klippy

Best Planner: gimmepie

Most enjoyable character: Timothy McGregor, played by gimmepie from Outbreak

Most enjoyable post: Mark gets bit by a zombie, by Klippy in Outbreak​

Emblems will be handed out and Begin Again is allowed to slam a little something extra into its title! Which means that I will do it, haha. Thank you, everyone who voted!

Now let's go make some new kinds of events in the RPC instead of this ;)<3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back