• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want to be a writer?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do you aspire to become a professional (more or less) writer some day, or do you just write fics and fanfics because it's fun/relaxing/inspiring/something?

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • For the longest time, I actually was trying to write novels with the intent of getting them published and becoming a professional writer. However, my motivation for that puttered out somewhere along the way and I started just writing fanfics for fun instead. I would someday like to get back on track with things and become a published writer, but in the meantime, I'm just concentrating on fanfics since I know that there are a lot of hurdles I have to jump through to get officially published, as opposed to just being able to post my fanfics online for free.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Absolutely, yes. I've always wanted a career in something where I could actually express myself, like writing, or maybe doing voice acting work. I was a good writer throughout growing up. That was up until I graduated high school. Then, I just simply lost my touch.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would probably want to write something that becomes relatively well known one day. It's a dream, and it's likely not going to happen haha. It's difficult to be renowned these days. At this point, I don't even know how to go about getting something published.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I would love to be a professional writer one day. I'm not totally basing my future on being one, but I wouldn't mind. I'm actually taking a break from college for about a year for personal reasons, but I figured this would be a good goal to work towards, so I'll be working for a while on this. I'm not sure if I'll ever get published, but at least it's a goal.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I used to want to be a professional writer, back when I had no idea what it would take to become one. I didn't know how many hours I would have to write, how much research into the publishing business I'd have to do, how difficult it would be to make any sort of living from writing.

There's also the matter that when I'm forced to do something, I don't do it. So if I'm forced to write in order to meet a deadline so I can get paid and not lose the roof over my head, it just doesn't happen.

Writing's just something that I enjoy doing, and since the only thing I write is fanfiction, I've readily accepted the fact that I won't be an official popular published writer.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Like a couple of you, I wanted to be a writer at one point, but it dwindled away over the years. Writing fan fiction is something I've gravitated to, though, and I'm content with that.

Years
  • I write for fun and relaxation. But as a kid becoming a writer was my dream apparently.. but parents kept trying to break it to me that I wouldn't be able to really make a living off of it alone.

Still a cute thing to look back on and I'm glad I kept at it as years went on. =)

Back