• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PKSV Templates for Beginners

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
  • I figured that I'll post some script templates for beginners that are in need of a sense of direction! The scripts are well formatted, allowing you to learn and get used to the commands. At first scripting may seem like a huge complex task, but it is not that bad when you keep rehearsing them over and over again. This thread will periodically be updated!
    ------------------------------
    Important note: If you are using Emerald, use a dynamic offset of at least 0xEA0000. I usually like to allocate an entire 0x100000 bytes of space only used for scripting. That way, little text strings may not get caught in vital data that may contain a few "FF FF FF FF" in between.

Let's start out with a simple "checkflag" script.
    Spoiler:

Here is a special battle scenario that will allow you to re-battle a trainer once the "checktrainerflag" gets cleared with the "cleartrainerflag" command.
    Spoiler:

Here is a script segment that checks for a certain item which then branches to other offsets accordingly.
    The "jump" command at the end is used to connect this script to another script.
    Spoiler:

Here is another script segment, a trainer battle that continues execution immediately after the script.
    Spoiler:

That is all for now! I will be uploading more templates containing all sorts of scenarios and specific events.

Last edited:
    Back