• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Dark and Steel-types

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
  • Considering some of my favourite Pokémon are of the steel/dark type, yes, I was quite happy with this addition. Signs on, there's a lot of sweet 'mons out there like Weavile and Scizor that can hit hard 'n' fast. And once more, there's even better moves to use like Night Slash, the now infamous Knock Off, Iron Tail and Flash Cannon. I can't imagine the meta game without the steel and dark types, and the moves they subsequently introduced.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I have a tie for my favorite types of Pokemon: Fire and Dark. Umbreon was the first dark type Pokemon that I really liked, and is still one of my favorite to this day. He is definitely my favorite eeveelution out of the lot of them. I don't feel like G/S/C really utilized the Dark and Steel type Pokemon because they were so few and many of them we didn't see much anyways. I believe that these types weren't more noticeable until gen. 4.When I first played the games as a kid, I didn't even know these types were in the game because I rarely ran across one. I also thought that Hoot-hoot was a dark type when I firs learned about it.

Hiro Aku

Grand Cyndaquil Trainer
    Years
  • Magneton was really so much more useful for me in the GSC versions (when you catch one in the route west of Ectruteak). I used to teach Zap Cannon when I got it and blow over the Lance team. No.1 Star.

As for Dark types, I tried to capture a Larvitar for training reasons and maybe to make it a pupitar then Tyranitar. However, it kept escaping and escaping even ultra balls. :/

Other than that, I love the deal with Dark and Steal, really balances.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I have no complaints for these types, and I liked the Dark and Steel types for adding more balance to the game, such as Dark being super-effective against Psychic and Steel being less-effective against Dragon attacks.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Gold and Silver were the first games I played, so I can't really say I remember a time before these types. They've always been a part of the game to me. Back then though, I couldn't really get ahold of any Steel-types or Dark-types. (due to their rareness) I think the only ones I managed to use were Umbreon and Skarmory, two very awesome defensive Pokemon that I quite liked. So yeah, these types are nice.

Back