• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's the luckiest you've been with shiny hunting?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    I managed to catch a shiny Deoxys playing through the Delta Episode a second time.

I find this doubtful considering it's shiny-locked.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Staying on-topic, I just caught a shiny Cresselia that only took about 40 SRs. :D

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • It might be in Y but I considered myself extremely lucky:I hatched a shiny froakie with 4 31 ivs at important stats(only lacked HP but still the HP wasnt bad)with HA after 20 or so eggs.
    It was MM and shiny charm but I have seen other people getting a shiny after 100+ eggs(with MM and S.Charm).

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • The luckiest Alpha Sapphire Shiny for me was finding a Shiny Swablu (Now a Shiny Contest Altaria) in a random encounter.

Finding a Shiny Petilil (Now a Shiny Lilligant with numerous ribbons) was pretty lucky too as was finding two Shiny Female Oddish in one day. :)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I haven't found a single shiny Pokemon in ORAS >.> However, I found a shiny Swablu in the original Ruby, but accidentally made it faint :(

Now that I think about it, I have terrible luck in the third generation... I have gotten a shiny in almost all of my other games though D:

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    I caught my first shiny yesterday. I was just searching for Heart Scales, and the second Luvdisc I see is shiny. It's kind of a shame it's such a weak pokemon, I'd like to show it off.

But I love it anyways.

Rabid Poochyena

[size=1][u][b][color=purple]You read my usertitle.
    Years
  • The luckiest I have been is catching a shiny Poochyena on route 101 in Emerald since it's my favorite Pokemon and it was a random encounter, I wasn't even shiny hunting at the time.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    I wasn't paying attention when training my Sylveon in the cave before elite 4 in Pokemon X cause I was multi tasking watching That 70's show and playing with the volume down low. I ran into a drudigon that i wanted to run from i think. Now that i think of it, i think i was doing something different than training unless i ran out of pp to ohko it. Anyways i wanted to run from it, and you know how sometimes the camera moves and the opposing pokemon you can't see for a second. I said "Wait, what if it's a shiny" Camera moves back to the drudigon and bam! Green and Orange guy was there standing right there. I was freaking going crazy. craziest amount of luck i ever had just by being a bit superstitious i believe or wishfull thinking.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    My luckiest shiny from ORAS was a Relaxed Male Weak Armor Onix while I was looking for a female Weak Armor Onix and I evolved my shiny Onix into Steelix though.

Mardovelin

cute + grumpy
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2018
    i've been super lucky with shinies.
    before my shiny charm i got a shiny virizion in around 200 soft resets and a shiny starly after 8 eggs.
    with my shiny charm though i found a random shiny wingull, a numel after about 20 random encounters and minum after 42 eggs.
    and that's not even naming half of my lucky shinies.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    I'm only lucky when I'm not looking for them. I randomly encountered a Shiny Whismur in Connecting Cave on my way to get my 2nd badge in X

Meanwhile, in Omega Ruby, I got a chain of 80+ Zangoose(200+ including other hidden Pokémon) and still no shiny :( Sigh...

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I was chain fishing for a shiny, and got a shiny luvdisc within the first 20 encounters, first legit shiny. I don't even like Luvdisc but I kinda have a certain appreciation for it now.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I just started using the Dex Nav over the weekend and have caught 4 shinies so far.

The first was a Skitty, was looking for it and found it after about 200.
    Then I found a random Slakoth while looking for Shroomish, it was only my 30th Slakoth encountered, after that found a Wurmple at about 14.

Today I found shiny Taillow at 155.

Probably not the luckiest finds, but having never used the Dex Nav before I was surprised it was so easy.

Back