• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    My goal was to read the first 3 books by the end of this month, but I'm happy to report I got through 4 (I highly doubt I'll finish the 5th by May 1st).

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • Been awhile since I read for the entertainment now I read stuff to learn about/study/how-to/astrology/life/etc is still fun though :)

White Noise

A sound that's always heard, but never listened to
    Years
  • Currently reading The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker.
    Also, I strongly recommend Thr3e (also by Ted Dekker) if you enjoy thriller novels like I do. Awesome plot twists. Probably my all-time favorite book.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Reading through Shadow of the Hegemon by Orson Scott Card. I got through Ender's Shadow while I was on vacation, and moved right on to the next book in the series.

Also reading The Thirteen Hallows by Michael Scott and Colette Freedman. It's some bargain book that I picked up because the cover is interesting. The basic plot is also interesting, if you can get past the bad word choices and long paragraphs of unnecessary description.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I decided to read the books because of one of the movies having giant spiders. This triggers my severe arachnophobia bad. :c I feel like if I just read the books, then it wouldn't be so bad actually watching it. Just as long as I'm not actually seeing the spiders.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I decided to read the books because of one of the movies having giant spiders. This triggers my severe arachnophobia bad. :c I feel like if I just read the books, then it wouldn't be so bad actually watching it. Just as long as I'm not actually seeing the spiders.

Hee hee, that's a funny way of looking at it! (Or not, as the case may be) o_O
    But yeah, the spiders are horrible.....

I am nearing the end of Fool's Assassin by Robin Hobb - I always enjoy reading her writing, and the characters and stories are brilliant :)

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Currently going through Nightwise by R. S. Belcher. Seems like Dresden Files but with more nitty-gritty edginess and nihilism.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    I've told myself for years I'd read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and I've finally picked it up..

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Started reading Shadow Puppets by Orson Scott Card, which for some reason I really remember enjoying. Which is strange, because it's really the start of Card being Card.

Also am in the middle of Raising Dragons by Bryan Davis. It's the first book in the YA series, Dragons In Our Midst. It's actually pretty good, and I'm enjoying it. I have the next three books in the series to read through.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Does this thread include comics? I'm currently reading through Frank Miller's initial run on Daredevil. Excellent, fun stuff.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • so I started Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami last night; I'm only about 50 pages in but so far it's absolutely fucking wonderful. I love the moods Murakami mines in general so I was expecting to get into this but it's appealing to every one of my aesthetic sensibilities -- being lovelorn, having nowhere to call home, drifting, the supernatural / surreal, etc. it's brilliant.

also picked up a Cummings anthology yesterday that I've been reading a few poems from every now and again. love the guy but I already knew that. my favorite poet, probably.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

I get tired of books after I haven't read them in a while. Like, they sort of lose my interest. So, I have to find new ones to read. Then, I go back to the other ones when I'm ready to read them again. The point is, that I never finish books just as much as I never finish writing stories.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • I gave up on reading My Sister's Keeper. I couldn't really get into it. However, I'm doing my best to finish the Warriors series though. I'm currently almost done reading Fire and Ice by Erin Hunter. After that, I'll read Forest of Secrets. :3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Finished Raising Dragons and started the next book in the Dragons In Our Midst series: The Candlestone by Bryan Davis. The series is really interesting because it ties in legends about King Arthur, and I've been wanting to learn more about those for years. Plus Davis is really good at ending chapters on cliffhangers and moving on to another part of the story, so I keep reading to find out what happens.

Back