• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
thank you, but when I go to run it it says COMDLG32.OCX or one of it's dependancies is not registered. I'm using windows 7 if that helps

download the comdlg---thingy through Google and either put it in the same folder where A-tack is, or put it in the Windows folder...

Tried that. Didn't work. I'll find a work around though. =)
BTW, would someone be able to tutor me in scripting?? I use PKSV and I've looked and looked and looked and looked for a good tutorial and I've found several but so far i've only been able to comprehend the first lesson about basic talking scripts. Seriously, I'll type exactly what the tutorial tells me to type and it still won't work! im making a ruby hack and PKSV has been the easiest scripter so far, but i'm really confused. and we all know how important scripting is for even a semi-decent hack.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Tried that. Didn't work. I'll find a work around though. =)
BTW, would someone be able to tutor me in scripting?? I use PKSV and I've looked and looked and looked and looked for a good tutorial and I've found several but so far i've only been able to comprehend the first lesson about basic talking scripts. Seriously, I'll type exactly what the tutorial tells me to type and it still won't work! im making a ruby hack and PKSV has been the easiest scripter so far, but i'm really confused. and we all know how important scripting is for even a semi-decent hack.
You should use the up-to-date scripting tool, which is eXtreme Script Editor. A nice tutorial is diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial. For me it's easier to understand than PKSV.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
Got a simple question, I'm trying to export tilesets to edit them, But whenever I export them in advance map, There all screwed up, I've tried changing the pallets, But Not a single pallet actually matches the tileset when im trying to export them.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Got a simple question, I'm trying to export tilesets to edit them, But whenever I export them in advance map, There all screwed up, I've tried changing the pallets, But Not a single pallet actually matches the tileset when im trying to export them.

If you meant that no pallette fits the whole tileset, then that is true. Each pallette is used for different parts of the tileset. You insert tiles into the tileset using different pallettes, as each pallette is only 16 colours (1 of which is the background colour), so naturally not all tiles can use the same pallette.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Which variables are best to use for scripts if I am using Emerald as a base ROM? As in variables for making scripts only happen once and for level scripts etc.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
So say I wanted to go and edit a bunch of one tileset, I would have to individually go in an edit a piece with 1 pallet, import and export with a different pallet to edit another part. Correct?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
So say I wanted to go and edit a bunch of one tileset, I would have to individually go in an edit a piece with 1 pallet, import and export with a different pallet to edit another part. Correct?

If they are using different pallettes, then yes. Some tiles do use the same pallette, such as the trees and the grass.

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
You can look around the Tutorial section to look on some ASM guides. You can look at this one or this one. There may be more in that forum. ;) Just look around.

Adding on to Destiny Demon's post, you should definitely check out JPAN's ASM document and HackMew's Knowledge. JPAN's tutorial is helpful for understanding the most commonly used opcodes in the THUMB instruction set while HackMew's tutorials (yes plural; the second one is on the third page) are more specific to Pokémon and also teach you how to apply knowledge of the commands to actually hacking a game.

Thank you both. I will study it xD.

I have downloaded the day/night system, but I don't know how to make the windows are lit at night. Can you help me? (fire red)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years

Basically... you need to edit the .dib file in paint to the palettes used on that tileset. Otherwise they'll simply be screwed up. Just remember, whenever you move any tiles anywhere on the tileset from another file, you have to change the colours to the colours on the tileset. The best tip is to put all the different colours of the palette onto the tileset, so then you can use the colour changing tool to use those different colours.

pkaurastorm

"The Only Legit Pokesav'r" ")
Years
Hey, im new here and i really wanted to know how to change the text while battleing
for example:
"Leader Blaine Wants To Battle"
To "Leader Nen Wants To Battle"

So How Can I Change That?

dt200

Was and will be forever alone.
Years
How do you make the player hv a pokemon from the start? (meaning... you hv the pokemon after prof. Oaks intro

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
How do you make the player hv a pokemon from the start? (meaning... you hv the pokemon after prof. Oaks intro

Maybe try to put a simple level script on the starting map?

Hey, im new here and i really wanted to know how to change the text while battleing
for example:
"Leader Blaine Wants To Battle"
To "Leader Nen Wants To Battle"

So How Can I Change That?

From the look of your example, you only want to change the name of the trainer. If so, then try to use HackMew's A-Trainer tool.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
for fire red where can i obtain a list of used flags by the game so i wont reuse them when making a script. for instance setflag 0x829 is to enable the pokemon tab in the menu etc..

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
for fire red where can i obtain a list of used flags by the game so i wont reuse them when making a script. for instance setflag 0x829 is to enable the pokemon tab in the menu etc..

When you download XSE, and you use AdvanceMap to look through the maps and all that. Be sure to set AdvanceMap's script editor to XSE though, to do that, click settings then click Choose script editor then select where XSE.exe is, whichever folder you've got it in. Then simply click on any script and click the 'open script' button. I'm sure one of the scripts will have one of those scripts somewhere. I doubt there is a list of those scripts however, but my tip would be the best way to go then type it down on a .txt file (Notepad).

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today

I'm sure XSE contains a list of flags that are free and unused... or flags that are used. One or the other.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I had a really major unfixable glitch in my hack, but all I had done was map the first city and route, and add new tiles. So, I added the first city and new tiles to the new rom, however, when I tried to insert the first route, instead of replacing the first route from FireRed, it added it under the Pallet Town header, despite the fact I had 3:19 in the insert thingamajig. Is there any way to fix this or do I have to completely remap the route? Because it's a big map and I don't want to have to remap it all...

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
That's the problem. When I try to insert it over route 1, it adds it under the Pallet Town header. Another question, if I was to repoint the pointers leading to the Pokemon overworld you surf on, would it work? Because I inserted a new overworld and now it looks glitchy.

Years
Oh right. Just go into the Header view, change the name from the dropdown list to, say, Route 1, and click Change Dimensions, and then hit Change Name. Then you can rename that to whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back