• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Different Battlebackgrounds for Land/Water

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    Hey guys, I have question for different battlebackgrounds.
    The daytimes are default with battlebgXXX". "battlebgXXXEve", "battlebgXXXNight", but what's about the water and rods?

I was surfing and looking for a wild battle. But the Goldeen appeared on the land background, a fish in a wood looks a bit funny, I think :)

What I did was in the EDITOR --> Set Metadata --> Battleback = enter name "Route 2" (Name of the current battlebg).

Can you help me to fix this problem?

Thank you very much in advance!

/Hargatio

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    I have three battlebacks pictures in my graphic folder for that map, "Routeone", "RouteoneEve", "RouteoneNight", that works perfectly in high gras.

I tried to add a fourth pictures with the name "RouteoneWater", but it doesn't work.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your suggestion, what do I have to name into "battlebgWater", that picture still exist in my graphic folder (default).

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • so the grass and water on, for example route 2, will be different than that on route 1?

If they were the same you could just leave them as "battlebgField" and "battlebgWater" and they would automatically be used accordingly

If they're different then you're going to have to change thing in the scripts - using the editor changes it for the whole map, not individual encounter types.

off the top of my head, the easiest thing I could think of would be to make new encounter types for each route - there may be an easier way but its the only thing I can think of

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    off the top of my head, the easiest thing I could think of would be to make new encounter types for each route - there may be an easier way but its the only thing I can think of

What do you mean with that?
    I made the following encounter types for each route: LandMorning, LandDay, LandNight, the different rods and water.

For each Route I have three different backgrounds for the daytimes, but only for land, not for water.

I didn't get how exactly I can add a water background for encounters from water and rods.

A lot of work is no problem, it just has to work :(

Back