• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How difficult is it to translate a hack?

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Title says it all.

I've seen quite a few hacks that look quite promising, but they are either in Spanish or German, and it got me wondering, how difficult would it be to translate these hacks to English?

Or to translate an English hack to another language, for that matter.

Any feedback is appreciated~!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
It would be very easy (assuming you speak the language) but very time consuming. After all, the only thing you're doing is text editing.

Bliss

Years
It would be very easy (assuming you speak the language) but very time consuming. After all, the only thing you're doing is text editing.
Okay, then how about this...

How difficult would it be to create a language patch for a hack? Would it simply be a matter of creating an IPS patch based on the hack, instead of a clean rom?

Also, do you know of anyone (or any teams) that take translation requests? There are a few Spanish roms I'd like to try, but I don't speak any languages aside from English.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Okay, then how about this...

How difficult would it be to create a language patch for a hack? Would it simply be a matter of creating an IPS patch based on the hack, instead of a clean rom?

Also, do you know of anyone (or any teams) that take translation requests? There are a few Spanish roms I'd like to try, but I don't speak any languages aside from English.

I mean, I know spanish but I wouldn't translate a hack because it's very time consuming. I don't think you'll find many people that are willing to.

Bliss

Years
I mean, I know spanish but I wouldn't translate a hack because it's very time consuming. I don't think you'll find many people that are willing to.
Okay, thank for you taking the time to reply~

Guess I'll have to either learn Spanish or stick to English hacks.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
I might recommend copying and pasting in Google Translate. It would be time consuming but it would get the job done!

Bliss

Years
I might recommend copying and pasting in Google Translate. It would be time consuming but it would get the job done!
Google translate isn't very good. It's good for short stuff, but with stuff like this, it's not gonna work.
^ I tried this once already. There are a lot of images and such that aren't able to be edited in this way either.

Regardless, thank you for the reply~

I've given up on playing hacks in other languages for the time being. I might try to learn another language or two later, but for now I'll just stick to English hacks.

Back