• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Completing the Pokedex help

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    Hi guys, now that the period for Generation VI is nearing its close, I'm worried about the possibility that I'm not going to be able to complete the Pokedex for yet another game. Is there anyone that would be willing to send me the mythical and otherwise unobtainable Pokemon, clones or otherwise, before online trading disappears yet again?

Years
  • Online trading will still function, it's just the Global Trade Station that won't be compatible with the Gen VI software anymore. The Trading section can probably help you out if you post in Quick Trades. There is also a section of trade shops, some of which have a lot of the hard to find event pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    Sorry, I'm pretty new to trading... What's the difference between online trading and the GTS?

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Sorry, I'm pretty new to trading... What's the difference between online trading and the GTS?
    Trading for gen 5 came to an end because of something with the company that maintained Nintendo's servers or something. So that's why anything online for both the DS consoles and the Wii ceased to exist. That won't happen this time, just like it didn't happen between gen 4 and gen 5. Basically, it wasn't a pokemon related thing that made gen 4 and 5 online trading impossible.

The GTS is putting your pokemon online and waiting for a trade. GTS is basically one way to trade online while you can also trade via friend codes and wonder trade.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    Trading for gen 5 came to an end because of something with the company that maintained Nintendo's servers or something. So that's why anything online for both the DS consoles and the Wii ceased to exist. That won't happen this time, just like it didn't happen between gen 4 and gen 5. Basically, it wasn't a pokemon related thing that made gen 4 and 5 online trading impossible.

The GTS is putting your pokemon online and waiting for a trade. GTS is basically one way to trade online while you can also trade via friend codes and wonder trade.

Oh right, thanks a lot for the info! I guess I shouldn't worry so hard about not being able to complete yet another Pokedex for now then!

Back