• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    oh i see... thanks for that.. so will i have to remove my current sync ID on my current GL account? how fast is the process? does it take months? weeks? days? thank you for the answers again :)

If I remember correctly they are offering a service to remove the game card associating to the account itself.
    For that you have to contact them, head to the 3DS Global Link's official site for more details.
    Or you can just simply apply for a new account with a new username and abandon the old one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    Question about IV breeding.

Hi, I'm kind of new to the breeding in this game and I have a some questions. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Okay, so I've been trying to breed an Adamant 6 IV Beldum. So far, I've gotten two Adamant 5 IV Beldums and using them to breed. Unfortunately, one has non-perfect HP and the other has non-perfect Attack.

The Ditto I use to breed with has 3 perfect IVs (Sp. Atk, Speed, and HP). I also have an Adamant 2 IV Ditto with Attack and Defense.

So I've been wondering which pokemon I should use the Destiny Knot on, which to use the Everstone on, and if I should use any of the "Power' items.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Don't use power item - everstone's passing down the nature is your first priority and having destiny knot's five IVs pass down seem more efficient than rather than one guaranteed IV + rest are crap.

Anyone holds the destiny knot and its effects happen. 5/12 IVs passed down, some can be repeated, like moms atk and dads atk iirc.

Use
    Beldum missing hp
    Ditto atk def

To prioritize atk and speed being passed down. spatk isn't important on adamant beldum. Hope it helps.

There is a guide in trade corner to breed perfect pokemon http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=312140

There are help threads for this so I'll be moving it soon

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • So I finally got my team for competitive battling, but in Rated>Single I can only select 3 pokemon. Is it possible to play with a full party? And against random people?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Nope full teams can be used only against Friends.

When you breed pumpkaboo will the offspring be random size or the mother's?

The baby Pumpkaboo will inherit the mother Gourgeist's size. If you breed a female Super Size Gourgeist with a male Amorphous parent, the baby Pumpkaboo will be Super Size as well.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Anyone know what the deal with Sawsbuck is? Are its other season forms not accessible at all? Seems like a weird oversight....

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Anyone know what the deal with Sawsbuck is? Are its other season forms not accessible at all? Seems like a weird oversight....

from Serebii said:
    Sawsbuck's form changes automatically based upon the current season. Method for X & Y is unclear

No one knows as of yet. It'll be a long while before we know everything in the game, if we can even learn everything in the game. We'll most likely have to wait for TPC to release the Pokedex Guide book or Nationaldex Guide book before we know anything about the seasonal changing Pokemon.

Though I have something you can check if you want to try.

Route 15/16 has autumn like weather. Take a Sawsbuck there and see if it changes. Take Sawsbuck to Route 17 to see if it changes to winter form.

I want to say that somewhere in the beginning is a Spring like environment. I just cannot see where a Summer like environment was in the game...But so far we can identify three seasonal areas to test out.

I don't have any Sawsbuck FCs so I cannot test this myself. Its just a theory at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    I'm having a hard time on Route 8 going to Ambrette Town......for some reason it seems to be a dead end as far as I can tell.......is there an HM or TM that I need that I don't know about?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm having a hard time on Route 8 going to Ambrette Town......for some reason it seems to be a dead end as far as I can tell.......is there an HM or TM that I need that I don't know about?

No, you don't need any HMs to get through this place. Within the route, there should be a guy named Howe. This person challenges you to a sky battle. If you've seen him, then head back to where he was. Once you're there, go south. Eventually, you'll reach Ambrette Town. If you don't know where he is, then take a moment to explore the place—you'll find him pretty quickly. d: There's a lot of important items on Route 8, such as HP Up and Leaf Stone. Don't forget to collect them!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Buneary?

I've had a lopunny on my team since pokemon diamonds releaseand ive had them since and I looked to see where they where on here and I cant find one. Anyone have any ideas? Or know?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    The Legendary bird's nature

So I have been saving right before encounter and gift pokemon and resetting until I get the nature I want, HOWEVER, I just realized that the legendary birds might be different.

I have been reading that you have to encounter whatever bird you end up getting several times before finally being able to battle it in the Sea Spirit's Den, so is it's nature set from the first time you encounter it and even if you save right before battling it in the cave you cannot change it's nature no matter how often you reset? Does anyone know the answer? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    No, if you have a physical copy of the game, the save file is saved on the game card. If you buy a digital copy of the game, then yes, in that case it is saved on the SD card along with the game data itself. This is illustrated by the app on the 3DS eStore called Save Data Transfer Tool: Basically when you have a physical copy of the game and you decide to buy a digital version of the game, you must download this free app, use it to take the save file off the game card AND THEN it is saved in your SD card, however, doing this erases the save file from the game card so you can't go back and forth.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    the save data is in the SD card correct? if so does that mean if you have multiple SD cards can you have different save games?

For cartridges, the only things that get backed-up onto your SD card is sync data and online info. The save data, it's trapped inside the cartridge itself—regardless of how many SD cards you have, you could have only one save file. I'm not too sure about the digital version, though. If you've downloaded a copy of these games from the eShop, then your save might get put into your card, buuuut… like I said, I'm just not sure. I only have a physical copy, and not the digital one, so, yeah, I cannot confirm this for you. Sorry! I don't really know why Nintendo would want to give us access to these files, though. This would make it a lot easier for us to hack the games, which, one way or the other, would be bad news for them.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back