• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making Items Undroppable?

Years
  • You see, some items important to the plotline, such as the rainbow wing, the blue orb, mega stones, and Oak's parcel, are undroppable. How do you program this in essentials?

Years
  • Black Temple Guardian said:
    ... by making it a key item?
    I wish it was that easy, but when receiving the item, I have the option to simply toss it. I want to prevent the tossing option. Same goes not just for this item, but for all key items.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2021
    I wish it was that easy, but when receiving the item, I have the option to simply toss it. I want to prevent the tossing option. Same goes not just for this item, but for all key items.

O.o That doesn't sound right.

Oh wow, just tested. That could cause problems.

EDIT: PItem_Items has this:
    Code:
    # Important items can't be sold, given to hold, or tossed.
    def pbIsImportantItem?(item)
      return $ItemData[item] && (pbIsKeyItem?(item) ||
                                 pbIsHiddenMachine?(item) ||
                                 (INFINITETMS && pbIsTechnicalMachine?(item)))
    end
    It just... doesn't seem to be working.

It's just debug mode:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7321802&highlight=key+item#post7321802

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back