• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there a possible way to change Evolution music?

ShinxHero

Main Director of Pokémon VSLP
Years
  • I'm wondering how to change the music when a Pokemon evolves.

Yes, I saw "pbBGMPlay" and "pbMEPlay", however, when I imputed the new music in, it still was playing the original midi files "evolv" and "004-Victory04"

Is there any way to change the evolution music? :/

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    A Pokémon evolves. It plays a music file called X. You want to change that file. Replace X with your own file. You don't need to touch the scripts.

I'm... not sure why you didn't think of this.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure that the evolve file is a midi, and if your new file is an ogg, it needs to have the .ogg specified in the script. At least, that's how I remember it being a while back. My memory might be a bit fuzzy. Either way, not everyone may want to keep their file called what the default is.

As for the image itself: What filetype is the audio file you're using? Assuming it's .mp3 or .mid, it should work. If it's an ogg file, you'll want to add .ogg to the end.

ShinxHero

Years
  • A Pokémon evolves. It plays a music file called X. You want to change that file. Replace X with your own file. You don't need to touch the scripts.

I'm... not sure why you didn't think of this.

I'm not a master at scripting and I'm only 14 years old, so I'm not the best with this material. As for that music file, where is it in the script?

I'm pretty sure that the evolve file is a midi, and if your new file is an ogg, it needs to have the .ogg specified in the script. At least, that's how I remember it being a while back. My memory might be a bit fuzzy. Either way, not everyone may want to keep their file called what the default is.

As for the image itself: What filetype is the audio file you're using? Assuming it's .mp3 or .mid, it should work. If it's an ogg file, you'll want to add .ogg to the end.
    Ah, okay. That could explain it. I'll try that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2020
    I'm not a master at scripting and I'm only 14 years old, so I'm not the best with this material. As for that music file, where is it in the script?
    Dude, he means literally deleting the file, whatever it is called, and putting in a new one of your choice. Search something that says evolution.
    Age is not an excuse!

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • Dude, he means literally deleting the file, whatever it is called, and putting in a new one of your choice. Search something that says evolution.
    Age is not an excuse!

I don't really think the hostilities are necessary. While age may not be an excuse, not everyone would know this right away. Hell, not everyone thinks of the simplest solution sometimes because it's too obvious.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure my suggestions should fix your issue ShinxHero. Assuming your file has the same name that you showed in the script, the only other issue I can think it being is it's missing the filetype extension. Try placing the extension (.mp3, .ogg, .wav, whichever it is) in the script at the end of the file name, but before the last quotation mark. If your computer doesn't show the filetype extensions, just right click your file and click properties in the right-click menu. It should say it in there.

Hopefully this helps!

ShinxHero

Years
  • I don't really think the hostilities are necessary. While age may not be an excuse, not everyone would know this right away. Hell, not everyone thinks of the simplest solution sometimes because it's too obvious.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure my suggestions should fix your issue ShinxHero. Assuming your file has the same name that you showed in the script, the only other issue I can think it being is it's missing the filetype extension. Try placing the extension (.mp3, .ogg, .wav, whichever it is) in the script at the end of the file name, but before the last quotation mark. If your computer doesn't show the filetype extensions, just right click your file and click properties in the right-click menu. It should say it in there.

Hopefully this helps!

Yeah, it worked. Thank you!

Back