• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
  • After a long break here's episode 4 of our Blue Kaizo Nuzlocke! I'm a bit overleveled but I promise not to grind for a little while to balance it out.
    Challenge
    Spoiler:
    Badges
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Episode 4:
    Spoiler:
    Current Team:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Belladonna the Ivysaur
    Level 25
    Vine Whip | Headbutt | Toxic | Absorb
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Stardust the Pidgeot
    Level 25
    Wing Attack | Razor Wind | Quick Attack | Swift
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

London the Nidoqueen
    Level 23
    Double Kick | Bite | Toxic | Water Gun
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Mama's Boy the Marowak
    Level 23
    Headbutt | Bonemerang | Double-Edge | Rock Slide
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Ketchum the Raichu
    Level 24
    Thunder Bolt | Quick Attack | Thunder Wave | Headbutt
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Cocktail the Gyarados
    Level 25
    Splash | Bubble | Tackle | Waterfall
    Boxed:
    Spoiler:
    Deaths:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Only a small update with story, before I'm gone to the work...

Spoiler:

I'll update my team after some grinding

Years
  • FINAL UPDATE

So, after many months I finally completed my first Nuzlocke from Gen VI game. I don't know how to take screenshots on 3Ds, so I can't post here my Hall of Fame, but here's my final team...

I have to say that whole Nuzlocke was pretty hard, because majority of Pokemon I encounter were Fairy, Normal, Bug and Steel types... And they were all really average Pokemon. I had no Fire Pokemon aside my starter. Almost every death was caused by crit or miss. But it was fun :D

Team:

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Kanye, the male Wigglytuff
    lvl 70
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flamethrower
    - Wake-up Slap
    - Dazzling Gleam

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Ryoma, the male Aggron
    lvl. 68
    - Dragon Claw
    - Power-up Punch
    - Heavy Slam
    - Stone Edge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Sima, the female Furfrou
    lvl. 76
    - Toxic
    - Sucker Punch
    - Return
    - Cotton Guard

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Mamut, the male Mamoswine
    lvl. 72
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Strength
    - Ancient Power

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Lena, the female Venusaur
    lvl. 78
    - Petal Dance
    - Leech Seed
    - Sleep Powder
    - Synthesis

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Flash, the female Slowbro
    lvl. 76
    - Surf
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Slack off

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Username: Superstrength79
    Version: Alpha Sapphire
    Single/Ultimate?: Single

Update #2
    Spoiler:

Got tired of trying to shiny hunt for a Shroomish and decided to take on the Rock gym at level 12. Brought a PokeNav Shroomish with Drain Punch and PokeNav Taillow with Steel Wing, but didn't need them funnily enough.

Teek was able to sweep all of the Geodudes with Echoed Voice and his King's Rock item. Only when I got to Roxanne did I have to use potions and Baby-Doll Eyes to survive her Nosepass chucking rocks at me.

Badges:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Update #3

Caught a shiny Tentacool from chain fishing (after I accidently KOd a shiny Magikarp)!

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Nickname: Envy
    LVL: 5/16
    Ability: Clear Body
    Nature: Docile

Caught a shiny Magikarp from chain fishing and trained it to evolve into Gyarados

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Nickname: Rage
    LVL: 15/20
    Ability: Swift Swim/Intimidate
    Nature: Bold

Took on Brawly's gym after getting Water Pulse on my tentacool. Had to heal after a few Seismic Toss attacks on Brawly's Machop, but took it out after a Super Potion. Switched into Gyarados for the Makuhita, and took it out with one Tackle.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Xander's Pokemon Challenges

Pokemon Red Nuzlocke Update

FAIL- I kept lost dodrio and blastoise in victory road and my team just wasn't good enough to beat the elite four. I tried but lost to agatha. Unfortunately this challenge has come to an end for me

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years

Optional rules:
    1. Pokemon must be shiny! Must PokeNav or Horde encounter until a Pokemon is found/captured.
    2. Pokemon must be fully EV trained before battle (Super Training)
    3. No Pokemon Amie.

Update #4

Tried for a few hours to PokeNav a shiny Geodude in Granite Cave, with no luck, so decided to train up my Pokemon to around level 21 each on my way to Mauville from Slateport. Beat up on Brandon's team rather easily. Took out his Wailmer with a few Bite attacks on Gyarados, then switched into Linoone for Pin Missile on his Shroomish. Switched into Gyarados for his Combusken for the -Atk, then to my Tentacool to spam Water Pulse. Tentacool was the best counter for Combusken and it really didn't stand a chance even with Tentacool being low defense.

Thankfully they had the Bulldoze TM at the PokeMart, so I picked that up along with Confide, Charge Beam, and Dragon Tail. Taught Dragon Tail and Bulldoze to Gyarados, and Confide to my other two Pokemon. Teek also learned Charge Beam for future use.

Gym Report:
    Was worried that I was using Lucky Incense instead of Soft Sand on Gyarados, but he swept the trainers easily.

Led with Gyarados thinking Wattson would have a few Magnemites. Used Bulldoze on the Magnemite and took it down to Sturdy. Took the Volt Switch from it and stayed in against the Voltorb. Chanced that I would outspeed Voltorb and used Bulldoze, but I didn't. Thankfully, Voltorb only used Charge so my Bulldoze took it out. Wattson brought out Magnemite again so I stayed in and used Bite predicting the healing item. Used Bulldoze to finish off Magnemite. Switched to Teek for Magneton, since I wasn't sure I would outspeed and didn't know if it had Sturdy or not, and used Confide through a lot of confusion and potions (Supersonic) and swapped back into Gyarados for Intimidate. Finally took Magneton out in one Bulldoze after switching in a few times to avoid confusion. Phew! Was worried about this gym :D

Spoiler:

Badges:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Haven't done one of these in a long time. Should be fun and awful at the same time :)

Username: John
    Version: Y

Just broke the Nuzlocke rules for a moment there. Ran into a Shiny Caterpie!!!!! Won't be using it, but I'll transfer it over to Omega Ruby.

The first casualty :( Two casualties. Phoenix the Fletchinder and Scrooge the Scrafty have passed away at the glittering cave :(

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • Username: Digimon Kaiser
    Version: Digimon Fire Red (a hack of Fire Red with Digimon instead of Pokemon)

EDIT: After a few test runs prior to this post, I have decided which one of the following three Digimon I shall pick:

Tanemon (Grass)
    Koromon (Fire)
    Tsunomon (Water)

And the winner is.........

Koromon!

EDIT 2: I will not be nicknaming my Digimon, but will follow the dupes clause and the other major rules.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Oh great, it's time for my favorite part of Black and White 1, the unholy trinity of Chargestone Cave, Celestial Tower, and Twist Mountain. This is going to be a grand old time.

Episode 6 - The Part Above is Blatant Sarcasm. I hate this part of the game.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Username: AoTora
    Version: Pokemon Advanced Adventures [Hack of FireRed]

Updates will come as soon as my strike on YT channel is lifted and I can post videos that are longer than 15 minutes again - I think that it's about 8 days left if I am correct so expect the updates soon~

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Username: Xander729
    Game: Pokemon Cloud White

THis should be fun and insanely difficult as I have never played the hack before and have no idea what to expect

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    The season is continuing for my Diamond Nuzlocke team! Training is going well, except Colon was slow to raise for a little while. She didn't have a lot of good moves, but things became easier once she evolved to Bibarel.

Cespedes took on the second gym essentially all by herself. Fury Cutter is doing really well for her. Things are getting a little too dangerous for Rivera, who has just terrible luck.

And life would just be really great once Reed evolves.

But the team is doing well, and we're still exploring Route 207. Mt. Coronet is next on the list.

The 6-man roster:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Username: LRachelR5
    Version: Leaf Green
    Single or ultimate: Single

UPDATE
    Spoiler:

TEAM
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I haven't had much time or energy to get much done, but I played for a while today.

I shouldn't play when I'm tired.

We finished off Route 207 and Mt. Coronet without any issue. The team was doing really well, playing off each other and covering weaknesses. But the closer we came to Solaceon Town, the more I started to get worried. I wanted to keep the team's levels on an even level, and I was relying on Harvey too much. So when I saw that the next fight was a double battle against a Misdreavus and a Murkrow, I thought that Wright could handle the Murkrow while Cespedes whittled at the Misdreavus.

Murkrow took out Cespedes with a Critical Hit Wing Attack because Wright wasn't doing enough damage.

She fittingly died in the Lost Tower.

On the plus side, Reed evolved.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The 6-man roster:
    Spoiler:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years

Optional rules:
    1. Pokemon must be shiny! Must PokeNav or Horde encounter until a Pokemon is found/captured.
    2. Pokemon must be fully EV trained before battle (Super Training)
    3. No Pokemon Amie.

Update #5

Finally caught a new team member! Horde encounter on Route 114, LVL 9 Lotad, Careful nature, Rain Dish ability.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Currently EV training it and then I'll work on leveling it up to 27 to match the other Pokemon on my team.

Badges:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Update #6:

Both my Lotad and Linoone died while I was training, then my Tentacool died a bit later on something else (I can't really remember as I'm writing this up a day later). Going to chalk this one up as a failure, but going to finish the game and then reset the cartridge and try again later!

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • (Before any assumptions are made, no, I'm not giving up on the Black Nuzlocke. I'm just being lazy about grinding...again.)

So a long time ago (as in about a year or so), I did an X Nuzlocke. Yeah, I won, but it left kind of a bitter taste because I only won because I primarily relied on Mega Lucario to solve my problems as a red button. So I thought to myself, "Hey, maybe I should go for another locke, but with no Mega Evolution abuse this time."

And that leads us to now.

Username: KoboraX
    Version: Y

Naturally, standard rules apply with a couple of extras.

1. No Mega Evolutions, period. Not counting the required Korrina battle on the Tower of Mastery, that Mega Stone and any other Mega Stone is staying in the bag.
    2. As per usual, the Exp. Share will be turned off with the exception of grind sessions.
    3. If I have less than 3 mons during the final Lysandre battle, I will probably take advantage of Yveltal for that battle only.
    4. Malamar can go burn in the pits of the inferno

That should be all of them. And if I get around to grinding and working on the Black Nuzlocke, I'll likely edit my post to add that part in. Thank you and have a good day.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    Hey guys! I'm starting a new Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke on my Youtube Channel. Please vote for my starter!

I'll be posting regular episodes [if allowed] and weekly updates here.

Username: Ghostflame
    Version: Emerald
    Single/Ultimate? Single

Wish me luck! Feel free to follow me on my journey :]

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Ok, so after being lazy about grinding and remembering Audino was a thing, it's time to get back to the Black Nuzlocke. I'm aiming to get both Skyla and Twist Mountain done, but let's see where we go.

Episode 7 - Building the PC Power

Spoiler:

Years
  • Username: Abhishek
    Version: FireRed
    This is My 2nd Attempt(First 1Frustrated)
    As Starter Im Gonna Choose Bulbasaur(Hirva).

Edit:: Dupes Clause

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    My application:
    Username: Thugs Leader
    Version: Omega Ruby

Rules:
    You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
    A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
    You must change the battle style to SET.
    You may not heal outside of battle except pokemon centre.
    You may only use PokéBalls.
    You may not use legendary Pokémon. I will catch them if I see them, but not use them in this playthrough.
    No Duplicate Captures (Only applies if said Pokemon is alive)
    Separated Areas (Only if they are actually separated, like North/South 204 from Sinnoh, or multiple floors in a cave)

Pokemon caught:
    Starter – Waterchicken - Mudkip
    Route 101 – Werewolf - Poochyena
    Route 102 – Seedot - Seedot
    Route 103 – Thug - Zigzagoon
    Route 104 -
    Petalburg Forest - Lovebug - Wurmple

Spoiler:

My team
    Waterchicken lvl 12 - Mudkip
    Lovebug lvl 9 - Cascoon
    Thug lvl 9 - Zigzagoon