• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Powerful Team?

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
WARNING: Contains spoilers regarding O/A. If you don't want to know all the new stuff before it's released, click away NOW. You have been warned.
Oh yeah, and this will most likely be an annoyingly long post. Be ready.
So some will remember my old thread relating to the most powerful move possible, (died coming nowhere close to the original goal) so now, as an avid Uber team maker, I felt like making a thread about the most overpowered team in the Pokemon universe. As of now, it consists of Shaymin-S, Kyogre-P, Groudon-P, Mega Rayquaza, Xerneas, and for this last slot, I'm not sure. I can't tell what to do for my last Pokemon, may be Darkrai, may be some form of Arceus, may be something totally different. Anyway, some specs for each party member below-
Shaymin-S:
  • Concept: The lead of my team, is going to go out gunning and not stop until it dies.
  • Moveset: Seed Flare and Air Slash will be necessities, giving our flying deer friend the necessary power to decimate the living crap out of whoever. Earth Power is gonna make an appearance here too, to deal with things like ice, fire, and steel types who would otherwise rain on my parade like nothing else. For the last move, I'm not sure what to do. Feel free to comment whatever.
  • EV Spread: 252 special attack for maximum power, 252 speed to rush the enemy and take them down fast, and 4 HP because I said so.
  • Other: Going for a modest nature, because more power where it matters and nothing really lost. For an item I'd say Leftovers, to sort of offset the thing's absolute frailty.
Kyogre-P:
  • Concept: The king of Ubers, except with more of an emperor status with all the new buffs. :P
  • Moveset: Origin Pulse, Thunder, and Ice Beam. Definitely the three that will not be dropped under any circumstances. Lastly, Water Spout, not final, just here for lack of a better option.
  • EV Spread: 252 special attack because that Geodude hasn't been pwned enough yet, as for the rest, don't exactly know. Somewhere split between speed and HP.
  • Other: Another modest nature for the same reason as Shaymin-S, and for now I'm going for the Blue Orb as an item because there is a chance that it does something cool.
Groudon-P:
  • Concept: A physical cannon, being able to rip through steel types and whatever else like a warm knife through soft butter.
  • Moveset: Precipice Blades. This one brings up a bit of confusion, because I have no clue if it will be a ground type move or a fire type one yet. If it turns out to be fire, (which would be epic) Earthquake will be run with the set. If it goes ground type, (not preferable) then I'm sort of at a loss for what to run. Swords Dance will probably also be run, because why not. For the last moveslot, I'm not sure. The best I could come up with is Solar Beam, which is special. -_-
  • EV Spread: 252 attack because I really like cannons who just rip through whatever. As for everything else, I'm having the same problem as Kyrogre-P here.
  • Other: Going for an adamant nature to buff what matters. Red Orb for the item, because there has to be a reason for the thing's existence.
Mega Rayquaza:
  • Concept: A fast as lightning physical attacker, being able to flatten enemies into pancakes.
  • Moveset: Dragon Ascent, because it sounds cool and is cool with its power and dragon typing. Earthquake and Extremespeed, because coverage and priority. Swords Dance, because of the epicness of more power.
  • EV Spread: 252 attack, (think you know why) 252 speed, (think you know why) 4 HP. (maybe that one health will save my life one day)
  • Other: Adamant nature again, for obvious reasons. Either the Jade Orb for the aforementioned possibility of something happening, or whatever mega stone he may get.
Xerneas:
  • Concept: A tank-ish cannon, sponging hits and pwning noobs like a boss.
  • Moveset: Moonblast, because it's fairy and so flipping powerful. Geomancy, for all those stats. Unfortunately, Xerneas suffers from a rather shallow movepool, so Thundetbolt and Focus Blast is the best I could come up with.
  • EV Spread: 252 special attack, and somewhere in between for HP and speed.
  • Other: Modest nature, keeping things straight here. Power Herb, to allow Geomancy to activate in one turn and instantly turn this thing into an absolute beast.

My god, that was fun. Anyway, not details for the sixth Pokemon here, since I have no idea what to do with it. Feel free to comment anything about this thing, or just hop over to the Reddit post I made on the same subject and post your opinions there.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
This isn't really a criticism, more a question, but can you have more than one Primal Reversion in a battle, or is it like Mega Evolution? ~_~

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
To be honest, I'm not sure how primals will work now. I'm kinda banking on my prediction that you do it outside of battle, and it will stay throughout however long you keep them reverted to primal form. I'm guessing this has no effect on megas, so that's a bonus.

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
I've put the team on Smogon's Team Builder. Unfortunately, since primal reversion, the new signatures, and Rayquaza's Mega stone isn't released, I can't test it. Hopefully when the game comes out I can tweak the format and see what to do.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
From all info that has been released so far, Mega-Rayquaza does seem to be a bit overpowering; it's got an ability to block all weather effects, including sun, rain, sandstorm, and hail. Alongside, it gives boost to all flying-type moves as well, or so I've heard, which is one of Rayquaza's specialty. On top of it, this Pokémon also gets stats boost after evolving, making it even more powerful than ever before.

I might give Mega-Rayquaza a shot at some point in future, if I ever have any chance of getting a hold of one (hopefully, I will). As for rest of your team members, they're also quite tough to take down; together, I'd say they'd make an overly-challenging Ubers crew. Using could be fun, but going up against it would definitely make us pull our hair, I imagine.

Last slot--why not include Mega-Mewtwo X? You're always free to side with Y if you choose, but I suggest X because it's got greater physical attack stat, which is something almost all legendary Pokémon lack, if I'm not mistaken.

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
Yeah, I thought about Mewtwo. The problem is that I already have a mega, and adding him to my team would tempt me to make him mega, which would kinda not work. Also, I already have two physical sets, so I think I'm good enough there. Maybe a wall for that last slot?

OK, quick update while no one is looking. Final slot has been penciled in, and it's Darkrai. So, with my usual format, here's the info.
Darkrai:
  • Concept- An incredibly annoying attacker who spreads sleep and finishes off attackers with some powerful attacks.
  • Moveset- Dark Void and Dark Pulse, because sleep and power together=epic. Sludge Bomb, because not a lot of people will expect that and it gives coverage against fairies. Dream Eater, for recovery, coverage, and even more power.
  • EV Spread- 252 special attack, for obvious reason, 252 speed, for obvious reasons, and 4 hp, because why not.
  • Other- Modest nature, for the same reasons as everything else on my team with a modest nature. Don't know what to give him as an item, so I went with a Dread Plate.
Also, I need some fun nicknames for these guys, just because it's fun. Right now I have no nickname for Shaymin-S or Kyogre-P, but everything else has something. Groundon-P is known as Hellraiser, Mega Rayquaza is called Skylord, Xerneas is nicknamed StaginatorX, and Darkrai is called DarkReaper. Xerneas is the only one that is final, so I need some input on the rest.
Anyway, that's all for now. Feel free to comment any criticism, additions, or whatever else that can help build this up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For Kyogre, how does Great Whale sound? Might be sort of cheesy, but unfortunately, it's the only thing that comes to my mind right now, aha.

Anyhow, sorry for not doing this before, but I'll go ahead and move this thread for you over to In-Game Team Help forum, as it would likely fit there much better than PGC. I hope you don't mind!

Thread moved.

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
Wow, didn't even know that forum existed. Thanks.
The Great Whale... That sounds good. I'll go for it.

Back