• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will this team be enough to complete the game?

Years
  • Hey guys,

Spoiler:

I am planning my team for my first playthrough of Pokemon X. For roleplay reasons I want to use:

Fennekin (never evolve)
    Pikachu (never evolve)
    Eevee (never evolve)
    Mega Charizard X (my only mega)
    Gyarados
    Gardevoir

I have no idea how difficult (or not) Pokemon X is... could such a team realistically complete the game? I'm not a pro by any means, but ofc I do know about type advantages, base stats, IVs, EVs etc... so I will do my best within the constraints I set myself, but are those constraints too harsh?

Thx in advance.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Of course it's possible, so long as this is the team we'll be using to complete only the story. In terms of difficulty, I would say X and Y are rather easy in comparison to previous titles, all due to the new Exp. Share.

Years
  • Ah okay, thanks, that's all I wanted to know. I am not interested in wifi battles or whatever, just want to play through the story with a non-optimal team and not find myself totally stuck against some op final rival or Elite 4 member.

I expect Fennekin and Eevee to be near-useless in battles and Pikachu to be a 1 shot wonder glass cannon, so basically relying on Gyarados, Charizard and Gardevoir to carry me.

Years
  • If you are good at figuring out type advantages and know the newer pokemon types well enough then you could easily. If not, it will be tricky with 2 low base pokemon

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Mega Charizard X (my only mega)
    Gyarados
    Gardevoir

You can beat the game with just these three. They'll carry the baby Pokemon without any problems.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    i played through x up to the elite 4 without having a single pokemon even faint. I was kind of disapointed at how easy that game was. I guess they made it so people could beat the game using even the weakest pokemon. everyone can beat this Gen n/p.

Years
  • Like others have said, this one is extremely easy. I pretty much swept all the gyms and the elite 4 with a Gourgeist I got in a wonder trade from the first route (guessing it was a breeding reject since it was level 1). Just used Snorlax and Mega Lucario as backup for the few times Gourgeist couldn't handle a team on its own.

Back