• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Gamedown: Week 1 - GB

Which game do we choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pokémon Gamedown
    Welcome to PGC's Pokémon Gamedown!

Pokémon Gamedown is a weekly poll series in which we put our heads together and decide as to which Pokémon video game is best within a particular console. Before we get started, let's take a quick look through our rules.

Guidelines

• There will be a new poll put up every week.
    • These polls will focus on Pokémon games from only one console, which will vary depending on the week.
    • We are all free to explain our choices.
    • Finally, or those who vote frequently, we will receive an emblem.
    This week, our poll aimed towards Game Boy, which includes the following games:

Game List

220px-Pok%C3%A9mon_box_art_-_Red_Version.jpg

Red, Blue, and Green
    Wikipedia said:
    Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version, originally released in Japan as Pocket Monsters: Red & Green (ポケットモンスター 赤・緑 Poketto Monsutā Aka Midori?), are role-playing video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo for the Game Boy. They are the first installments of the Pokémon series. They were first released in Japan in 1996 as Red and Green, with Blue being released later in the year as a special edition. They were later released as Red and Blue in North America, Europe and Australia over the following three years. Pokémon Yellow, a special edition version, was released roughly a year later. Red and Green have subsequently been remade for the Game Boy Advance as Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, released in 2004.

220px-Pokemon_Yellow.png

Yellow Version
    Wikipedia said:
    Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition (ポケットモンスターピカチュウ Poketto Monsutā Pikachū?, lit. "Pocket Monsters Pikachu"), more commonly known as Pokémon Yellow Version, is a 1998 role-playing video game developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo for the Game Boy handheld video game console. Along with the release of Pokémon Yellow, a special edition yellow Pokémon-themed Game Boy Color was also released.

Pok%C3%A9mon_Trading_Card_Game_Coverart.png

Trading Card Game
    Pokémon Trading Card Game, originally released in Japan as Pokémon Card GB (ポケモンカードGB Pokemon Kādo Jī Bī?) is a video game adaptation of the original tabletop trading card game of the same name, which in turn was based on the Pokémon role-playing video game series. Developed by Hudson Soft and published by Nintendo, it was initially released in Japan in December 1998, with an English version appearing in North America in April 2000 and in Europe the following December. The title features digital version of cards from the first three sets of the trading card game originally released in English by Wizards of the Coast between 1998 and 1999, as well as exclusive cards not available outside of the game.

This event will be running until March 24. Without further ado, let's get right to it!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Pokemon Yellow's where it's at. Maybe I'm biased cuz Yellow was my very first Pokemon game, but I did play Red and Blue and Yellow was still a little better imo.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    If I recall correctly, Gold and Silver where compatible with the old Gameboy, so wouldn't they count as well? Crystal was the first game that could only be played on GBC and onwards.

But If I had to choose from the three given games, I'd say Blue. Just because it was my first game and I'm totally biased towards that game. :P

Years
  • My vote goes to Yellow, as it obviously expands on Red and Blue in terms of Gym Leaders and allows you to bond with Pikachu effectively. And it makes some of the Pokémon different in the areas, even if it removed that one glitch from RBY. But I do still like the TCG game, that was fun in the times I got to play it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Pokemon Yellow gets my vote. I have played through all four of these titles and I have to say Yellow was the most enjoyable. Having Pikachu following you throughout your adventure is a great feature to have, and interacting with Pikachu was a nice touch. Not only that but Yellow made the games slightly more challenging, which for me is a bonus. Since the poll is multiple choice, I'll throw Pokemon TCG a vote since I had a lot of fun with that one too.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    While Blue was my first Pokemon game, I have to vote for the TCG video game. It's the only one on this list I can still play to this day while also thinking fondly back on the days I spent playing it. The music was great as well. Plus it's the only way that I can satisfy that itch to play the TCG these days.

Back