• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IM MAKING a rm2k pokemon game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • the best way to make the chipsets "work" is to uninstall RM2K. Download RM2K again with the RTP options (should be very self explanitory).

if that still doesn't work... then i guess you'll have to import everything by hand (it will only take 3-4 hour to import 300 files one by one)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Hello!

Hello! As it turns out, I am new here and making a rm2k3 game of my own based on pkmn! Actually, to be more precise, I'm working with a friend. In any case, I am really experienced with rm2k(3) and I am willing to help with some stuff. First of all, if you want to import files (chipsets most particularly) you don't have to RAW material import every single one. Just go to Start, click Run. Type in C:/Program Files/ASCII/RPG2000/[insert project name here]/Chipset
    and paste the .png, .bmp, or .zyx into the folder. NOTE: If the above doesn't work, relocate the directory you installed rm2k and paste it in there.

That trick works especially well if you multiple select, copy/cut and paste into the folder. However, this will not work with character sets, pictures, and monster sets (did I forget anything?). This is because they all have a transparency layer, or solid color in the background that is removed in your game so the image is superimposed over it. To import these, you have to do the RAW import thing and click the transparency color for it to work. Or, you can set the transparency to black, which rm2k(3) defaults to. But if the background color is not solid black, you will have to RAW import it.

Also, you need two things to get RPG Maker to work.
    1) RPG Maker 2000/2003 executable file
    2) RTP (Run Time Package)
    3 optional) RTP expansion
    If you have black stuff all over your screen and no chipsets or anything, you don't have the RTP. When you go to download RM2k, download RM2K(3) and RTP

In any case, I'm not going to give much information, but I decided to abandon the traditional pkmn battle system. Every play Kindred Saga on rm2k? I'm making a side-view CBS (custom battle system) like that one so you can see the pkmn charging eachother and stuff. Also, my CMS (custom menue system) is complete! It looks just like the real one except with a few personal touches! What do you think?

Of course, in the screen shot that hopefully attatched, the map in the background is just a test. Don't judge the graphics by that! It's just a CMS test!

And just for the record, I disagree with some things mentined previous to this post. The "Pokemon Style" is achievable if you know how to bypass the rm2k hardcoded system. The possibilities are in essence endless. It just depends on how much work you want to put into it. Any questions? They will be answered!

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • With all due respects...

Is "other games" truely a suitable category to place rm2k related threads? In all technicallity, RM2K is not a game, game being defined as:

Main Entry: 1game
    Pronunciation: 'gAm
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English gamen; akin to Old High German gaman amusement
    Date: before 12th century
    1 a (1) : activity engaged in for diversion or amusement : PLAY (2) : the equipment for a game b : often derisive or mocking jesting : FUN, SPORT <make game of a nervous player>
    2 a : a procedure or strategy for gaining an end : TACTIC b : an illegal or shady scheme or maneuver : RACKET
    3 a (1) : a physical or mental competition conducted according to rules with the participants in direct opposition to each other (2) : a division of a larger contest (3) : the number of points necessary to win (4) : points scored in certain card games (as in all fours) by a player whose cards count up the highest (5) : the manner of playing in a contest (6) : the set of rules governing a game (7) : a particular aspect or phase of play in a game or sport <a football team's kicking game> b plural : organized athletics c (1) : a field of gainful activity : LINE <the newspaper game> (2) : any activity undertaken or regarded as a contest involving rivalry, strategy, or struggle <the dating game> <the game of politics>; also : the course or period of such an activity <got into aviation early in the game> (3) : area of expertise : SPECIALTY 3 <comedy is not my game>
    4 a (1) : animals under pursuit or taken in hunting; especially : wild animals hunted for sport or food (2) : the flesh of game animals b archaic : PLUCK c : a target or object especially of ridicule or attack -- often used in the phrase fair game
    synonym see FUN
    - game?like /-lIk/ adjective

So with that said, RM2K clearly doesn't qualify as a "game." Although specified in a previous post, I believe that all posts in relation to RPG Maker 2000-2003 should remain where they initially placed, having no relevance to any other topic.

Although the issue may arrise of overall lack of organization with no set topic of classification for "RM2K." The only solution of this dilemma is to create another topic for discussion involving the replication / creation of pokemon games; that is, if you take my advice. On the flip side, if the description above is legitimate ("involving replication / creation") the obvious best location for an RM2K thread is under the Roms section, where I believe this thread was previously situated.

Then we can get into the psychological reasoning of the original creator of this thread. It is apparent that this individual is not a spammer, therefore without ill-intention to the board. He would pick the topic of discussion he sees best fit to categorize the discussion he wishes to begin. So, if the Roms/Hacks section is what he saw fit first, there should be no reason to move a thread to a second-rate topic except to exercise moderator powers (with all due respect, of course.)

This brings me to the end of my post. I will now gracefully withdraw, leaving you to dwell on my words of wisdom (hopefully). I certainly hope you are not offended by this post, for there was no ill-intention involved - only the intention to do my part to make this board a better place for everyone.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey kecleon, aren't you carrying on with your game?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Please do not revive topics that haven't been posting in for over a month. If kecleon wants to continue on this thread he can PM me and get it opened.

~~CLOSED~~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back