• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Why d'ont more people put their locations on their headers ?

Years
  • im a newbie, & this looks a great site, but my main gripe is that when trading pokes, hardly anyone seems to identify where they are at, which leads to alot of problems when fixing a trade time, across world time zones.

Cant something be done about this ???

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It is to prevent perverts and random pedophiles(depending on the age) from stalking them, especially when they upload a picture of themselves.
    If you really want to know their time zones, just ask.

Years
  • yeah but even if they were a pervert or sumthing, i dont want to meet them just trade over wifi. Wouldnt bother me if they were, as long as they could trade me event pokes !!

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Not everyone puts their real location for many reasons.

People say paranoia, but I think the far most common reason is because it's much more fun to just put something witty in that space. xD

Also, you can generally tell if someone is from a certain time zone judging by their accent, dialect, or spellings of certain words (colour, for example) if you really want to know that bad.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

That's pretty ridiculously paranoid... :/ The only time you should worry about someone stalking you is if they ask for your entire address, or like what street you live on or something. If they do that, report them to an administrator.

Just putting your city, or even your state, in your location area will do absolutely no harm. It isn't as though someone cares enough to go through every single house in an entire city to try and find you.

But if they know things like your personal information and your facial features, they can find you if they are that motivated. Paranoia is just part of my personality.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    There's nothing wrong with putting your location on you DS anyways. Websites these days have ads that pick up your city location or close to it anyways. Unless of course super-paranoid people know about Proxies which would be surprising.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ain't nobody gonna come to Alabama. There really ain't nothing here for anyone to even bother, so I don't mind putting my state. Some people just don't feel like telling, and that's their own business.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    They don't feel like it? Why don't you put your apostrophe in the right place? Its more fun to put something witty in the spot ;).

Back