• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
For some reason any scripting program I try to use won't work it says something like script aborted I have watched millions of videos and followed the instructions perfectly using the same programs and it won't work is it my computer?

Could you explain a bit more and what script editor do you use?

Years
Hey guys. I know this seems very very basic but I am testing out scripts just so i can get a start on my hack rom.
Well I have a problem, after all is scripted and applied correctly, my NPC locks, and faces towards me, but no text box shows up. I am using XSE and AMap to script and apply.
Here is the script I used:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org @talk1
= Welcome to the Vapor Region!

When im in AMap, i paste the offset of the script into the NPC's offset, click "Open Script" to make sure it shows up like it should, and it does. Then i save the rom and open it in the VBA emulator, i talk to the NPc i assigned the script to, and he locks in place and faces me, but no text box shows up. I have tried 3 different "Uncorrupted" new roms, i tried 2 different AMap Versions, and i tried 3 different versions of basic text scripts.. All with the same exact outcome. If anybody has any clue what so ever of why this is happening i would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and help me figure it out

~Anthony (Velocity)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hey guys. I know this seems very very basic but I am testing out scripts just so i can get a start on my hack rom.
Well I have a problem, after all is scripted and applied correctly, my NPC locks, and faces towards me, but no text box shows up. I am using XSE and AMap to script and apply.
Here is the script I used:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org @talk1

When im in AMap, i paste the offset of the script into the NPC's offset, click "Open Script" to make sure it shows up like it should, and it does. Then i save the rom and open it in the VBA emulator, i talk to the NPc i assigned the script to, and he locks in place and faces me, but no text box shows up. I have tried 3 different "Uncorrupted" new roms, i tried 2 different AMap Versions, and i tried 3 different versions of basic text scripts.. All with the same exact outcome. If anybody has any clue what so ever of why this is happening i would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and help me figure it out

~Anthony (Velocity)

You're probably using XSE v1.0.0 since that is a common problem many people experience, try using version 1.1.1 instead.

You can also shorten your script slightly by removing your 'lock' and 'faceplayer' commands and changing your msgbox's type from 0x6 to 0x2 as they are automatically applied when you use it. In the end it would look like this:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @talk1 0x2
release
end

#org @talk1

AlyoshaHacks

RS Hacker and Pokemon Fan
Years
  • Age 52
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
Hello. This is Alyosha Hacks. I need help with the Fire Red Scripting. I have Windows 8 and PokeScript is not working, so I use XSE.
Here is the script I want to change:
'-----------------------
#org 0x168CD2
msgbox 0x818D50B '"[player] played with the NES.\p[.]O..."
callstd 0x3
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x18D50B
= [player] played with the NES.\p[.]Okay!\nIt's time to go!
I am changing it to:
'-----------------------
#org 0x168CD2
msgbox 0x818D50B '"[player] played with the NES.\p[.]O..."
callstd 0x3
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x18D50B
= [player] played with the Wii U.\p[.]Okay!\nIt's time to go!
And compiling it fixes all of the other text. However, a script I did not write but want to keep
changes from:
'-----------------------
#org 0x168CDB
msgbox 0x818D53B '"It's a posted notice[.]\pIf you're ..."
callstd 0x3
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x18D53B
= It's a posted notice[.]\pIf you're confused, ask for HELP!\nPress the L or R Button!
which I want to keep, to:
'-----------------------
#org 0x168CDB
msgbox 0x818D53B '"!"
callstd 0x3
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x18D53B
= !
When I change the sign it also changes the end of the NES text. Can you help me?

Zen-senpai

Intermediate Scripter
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Game: Pokemon FireRed
Type: Person event
Editor: XSE (latest version)
Script:
Spoiler:

As a result of this script, the officer should give you a Pikachu and then clear the entrance to the cave by moving out of the way... However, I place him in front of the cave in Advance-Map, and he is not there when playing the game. He appears in front of the house in the map.

I can't post a screenshot because I don't have 15 posts (just logged on this account after a long ago sign-up), but that is my best explanation. Please help!

EDIT: The script does work properly, but the officer is not where he is supposed to be.

Last edited:

xGal

Mhm
Years
Game: Pokemon FireRed
Type: Person event
Editor: XSE (latest version)
Script:
Spoiler:

As a result of this script, the officer should give you a Pikachu and then clear the entrance to the cave by moving out of the way... However, I place him in front of the cave in Advance-Map, and he is not there when playing the game. He appears in front of the house in the map.

I can't post a screenshot because I don't have 15 posts (just logged on this account after a long ago sign-up), but that is my best explanation. Please help!

EDIT: The script does work properly, but the officer is not where he is supposed to be.

I don't think it's something with the script.

Try to delete all the level scripts in the map the officer is!

Zen-senpai

Intermediate Scripter
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
I don't think it's something with the script.

Try to delete all the level scripts in the map the officer is!

I have deleted all of the level scripts in the map dealing with the officer. I'm not positive if it is the ROM Base I am using or not... When I use the script on a regular ROM without a ROM base, the script functions properly. What is this?

EDIT: It is not the ROM Base. Using a default ROM, infact, still gives me the issue with the officer being at another place. What is going on!?

I have solved the issue. It turns out that the ROM bases I had used had some issues with the level script in the starting town (Pallet Town). As a result, using JPAN's Modded Engine for FireRed (patching the ROM before patching the ROM base) fixed my issue.

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

Apparently it became so unpleasant command that it was completely omitted. All you need now is msgbox @xxx 0x(number you would normally put in callstd)

It still exists, HackMew just simplified the syntax, creating a macro command. In fact, the msgbox command doesn't really exist to begin with. The command itself is a macro of other smaller commands.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
sorry but i want to know how can i copy 2 bytes to a var, i want to check the played hrs of game to make an event, please help

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Without using ASM:

copybyte 0x03005542 0x020370d2
copyvar LASTRESULT 0xYour Var

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
i supposed that copybyte only copy a byte, not 2 bytes, i already use this command and only copy a byte, sorry if i'm not correct.
EDIT: and what are those offsets, i think that the played games place is in 0x2024EB2 y 0x2024EB3, the other offset is the LASTRESULT var, isn't it??

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
I have been working on a rom hack, and all of a sudden when I enter grass ect for a wild pokemon battle the screen goes black and the game freezes. (But the music still plays). What am I doing wrong? I have wild pokemon data added in advanced map already. How do I get this working again?

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
I have been working on a rom hack, and all of a sudden when I enter grass ect for a wild pokemon battle the screen goes black and the game freezes. (But the music still plays). What am I doing wrong? I have wild pokemon data added in advanced map already. How do I get this working again?

Have you been inserting new musics? Probably something went wrong. :/
Or maybe some palettes are screwed up. Also, what A-map ver are you using?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Have you been inserting new musics? Probably something went wrong. :/
Or maybe some palettes are screwed up. Also, what A-map ver are you using?

No, it is all original music. And I'm using AM 1.9.2.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
If you have played Pokemon Fire Red before than you would know that the legendary battles differ from normal encounters. Is there a script compatible with either PKSV or XSE to change a wildbattle to a legendary one? In my rom hack I am including lots of post-game legendaries! If someone answers than Thanks so much :)

- Derp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back