• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
  • kyogre.png

inspired by the image here:
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/188/0/6/Infected_Kyogre__I_Series__by_Esepibe.png

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • No offense dude, but that looks nothing like the picture

1. The shading:
    Harden it. Many sections of the body have mysterious light spots of color. Try using a darker red palette, like groudons.
    2. The form:
    This is related to the shading, as Kyogre now has blank spots in his outline because you failed to recolor him correctly.
    3. More colors:
    The lines in Kyogres hands are colored the same as the hands. According to the picture, they should now either become a neon blue or green.
    Change the white part of the body to neonish green as well, so that it matches the pic

Try to make these changes, and you will improve.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
  • UnderworldCharizard.png

Underworld Charizard

&

UnderworldMachamp.png

Underworld Machamp

These are my first attempts at spriting pokemon and changing them around... I used... Cubone, Marowak, Gastly, Houndour, and Houndoom for the bits and pieces... and quite obviously Machamp and Charizard also.

Years
  • *ignores recolors*

Well, after some work with Signomi, this is the sprite shaded:

2rdem2p.png

Hm.. It does look better with shading, but.. the upper limbs and the roots bug me. They could use just a touch more shading, perhaps?

You color choices also seem a bit.. bright. I don't know, it's not as bad in the gray version, but the brown version's lightest shade seems too light for my liking.

Anyway, I'm posting this again, since it apparently got ignored for recolors and such:
    Okay, I cleaned up a rough 30 second drawing I did in paint, and I got this:

uc38y.png

It's a crocodile/alligator/large three-toed lizard, if you couldn't tell. Criticism please? I prefer getting all the large problems in the outline fixed before I start on the details and shading. XD

I realize the outline on the back & tail is kinda.. rough, but it's supposed to be a big bumpy lizard thing, so I guess it kinda works XD

Also, I loathe the legs, and, to a lesser extent, the feet. Any ideas? I guess I could change the pose kinda, and put them closer to the body? I don't know.

@Sumner: I'll be sure to criticise those tomorrow Tuesday/Wednesday when I have more time. :D

Last edited:

Draciana

Credit to ME for the avatar!
    Years
  • Pokémon Pinball icons turned into sprites:
    View attachment 45323
    I found a site that displayed Pokémon Pinball pokémon icons, so I set to work changing them into something more spritey that I will probably use in my trainer cards. I scratched all the parts to turn them into what they are, accept of course what is contained in the black boxes.

Old sprites with new colours:
    View attachment 45327
    Old sprites with the latest sprite's colour pallette and a few slight changes, not enough to be called revamps though.

Fakémon created from 12 different pokémon:
    View attachment 45324
    My first fakémon. Sorta like eevee. Un-named so far and lack a base sprite.

Batman:
    View attachment 45325
    Yeah...

Anime Rocket member:
    View attachment 45326
    Game Rocket Member changed into the outfit in the anime.

Click to enlarge.
    Criticism much appreciated.
    :)
    Just thought i'd re-post.
    :)

Adam_148

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Hi. Does anyone know where I can find the maps of the inside of the Jungle Relic from Pokémon Ranger? I need them for a spriting project I might do if I can find them.
    I've been scouring the internet for ages and can't find any of them.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    i sent this one in for the contest, but i'm not really done with it i think.. :/ i don't like the shading very much of it

c+c please ^^'

the lighting on Sceptile and the rock makes no sense, there wouldn't be light because they're under the trees shadow.

pikachu103

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    Ash Ketchum OW Sprites

Here are some Ash ketchum sprites that I made. If you want to use them then ask me first so I can send you the normal format and normal sized version so they can be put into a ROM hack. And yes, I do have the other poses for them too.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • They look very good. I like the second one best. I think you should make a fusion of one and three (hat from one clothes from three) and where did you get the clothes for sprite one?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018

Just a little something before I'm gone till April. I don't really do Trainers, so C&C would be nice...

EDIT: OMG, I'm an idiot. In school, there's this class called Agency. In it, me and my buddies are designing a game called Stargazer. I'm the art director check it out!

bazookasoldier.png

bazookasoldier1.png

bazookasoldier2.png

(He's supposed to get into a kneeling possion if you can't tell...)

And in the games, there are 3 Captains that you get to choose from! Here's the first 1. His names Captain Colbert.

captaincolbert.png

I like him the least, he could use some work...

Last edited:

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
  • Here are some Ash ketchum sprites that I made. If you want to use them then ask me first so I can send you the normal format and normal sized version so they can be put into a ROM hack. And yes, I do have the other poses for them too.

The first one looks like Ritchie :P.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
  • Ok, I have made three Pokemon: Spargas, Shocksprit and Bowleye.
    Since they're my first ever I might need some advice before I continue making more.
    Criticism is welcome, I just think of it as a good feedback.

Atomic Reactor

GFA, those look pretty good. Only crit i have is that Colberts hair looks kinda odd.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    GFA, those look pretty good. Only crit i have is that Colberts hair looks kinda odd.

Thanks a lot AR.

Yeah, as I said, I'm not fond of Colbert. All I can say is I blame it after the person it's modeled after. *Not Stephen* But that wouldn't be fare would it?

Edit:

After looking at my model again, I decided to darken his hair. I also changed the design a tiny bit.

Oh, yeah, and this guy.

Captain Ventura!

Last edited:

pikachu103

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    Ash Fuses

Here are some of the Ash fuses some of you wanted. But just know that I don't have all the other sprites of them to put into a hack.

...and where did you get the clothes for sprite one?

I just looked up "Sinnoh Ash" on google images, and I found a picture with his Sinnoh clothes on, so I then used my Hoenn Ash sprite as a template, and I then put the design of his clothes on to the sprite. It took me about a week to finish all the running and walking poses of them.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Psyduck (First Time Spriting Eva)

Well. ive seen so many ppl do it. Now it is my turn to try. This is what came out of working with MS Paint/pixels for the first time (it took me like 45 min D:)

Pysduck-1.png

Ya. I just posted for everyone to see and comment on. Also, if anyone has suggestions on how i can get better, they would be very appreciated. :)

I also have some thing else i created. I called it.

Charszirplup-OH!

Charszirplup-OH-1.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • UnderworldCharizard.png

Underworld Charizard

&

UnderworldMachamp.png

Underworld Machamp

These are my first attempts at spriting pokemon and changing them around... I used... Cubone, Marowak, Gastly, Houndour, and Houndoom for the bits and pieces... and quite obviously Machamp and Charizard also.

My comments and criticism in the spoiler below.
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back