• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pair Challenge!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
  • The Pair Challenge
    minun_and_plusle_render_by_maviswendy-d5zr7dc.png

Rules:

There are 3 different modes you can play; Normal, Hard, Insane.

In Normal Mode: The rules are simple. You may use 2 members of your choice to beat the game. It's basically a Solo Run with Two Pokemon instead of 1. You have an unlimited amount of faints or deaths or anything.

In Hard Mode: You may pick your two Pokemon by choice at the beginning. However, if one faints then you must replace that Pokemon with a different one ASAP. However, if they both faint, then you must choose a Pokemon to repalce. Here's the catch. If a Pokemon was not replaced the last time, then it must be replaced the next time.

For Example, let's say you had a Wingull and Torchic and you lost to Roxanne. If you choose to replace Wingull the first time you lose, the second time, it has to be Torchic.

In Insane Mode: It's basically like a Wedlocke, only with one pair. Look at the last number of your Player card. 1-3 is Grass. 4-6 is Water. 7-0 is Fire. You pick your starter based off of that. Then, you must catch the first Pokemon you see on the first route that you go to AFTER you receive Pokeballs. If you black out, it's game over. However, if just one Pokemon faints, then you can find a new Pokemon on the closest route to you.

-You must Nickname all your Pokemon. Try and get creative to have them relate to one and other.
    -You must try and keep your Pokemon relatively close in level. Please don't just over level one Pokemon and then complete the game with just that Pokemon.
    -You may hack in Pokemon for Hard and Normal mode if you wish, but they must be at a low level early in the game.
    -You are definitely allowed to use as many HM slaves as you wish, however, they can not enter battle unless it is a triple battle, then it's allowed, but they must only use supporting moves.

This Challenge is Completed once you:
    Kanto - Defeat Champion Blue (your rival) at the Indigo Plateau
    Johto - Defeat Red at Mt. Silver
    Hoenn - Defeat Steven (Ruby/Sapphire) or Wallace (Emerald) at Ever Grande City
    Sinnoh - Defeat Cynthia in the Pokémon League
    Unova - Defeat Ghetsis in N's Castle (Black/White), or Defeat Iris in the Pokémon League (Black 2/White 2).
    Kalos - Battle AZ at the end of the game.
    Hacks - Determined by player (usually, this is the Champion of the hack)

P.S. The Pair can be any two Pokemon. They don't need to have any relation towards each other whatsoever.

Sign-Up Sheet:
    Name:
    Game:
    (Normal/Hard/Insane?):
    Planned Team if Normal/Hard:

Example/My Sign up:

Name: Puddle
    Game:Emerald
    (Normal/Hard/Insane?): Hard
    Planned Team: Torchic and Wingull

Challengers:

Normal Challengers
    Spoiler:

Hard Challengers
    Spoiler:

Insane Challengers
    Spoiler:

Champions:

Normal Champions:
    Spoiler:

Hard Champions
    Spoiler:

Insane Champions
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nameuddle
    Game: FireRed
    (Normal/Hard/Insane?): Normal
    Planned Team: Blastoise and Arcanine ~ will hack in growlithe a little bit earlier - otherwise I will have level 50 blastoise and level 20 growlithe which would be insane :o

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Nameuddle
    Game: FireRed
    Planned Team: Blastoise and Arcanine ~ will hack in growlithe a little bit earlier - otherwise I will have level 50 blastoise and level 20 growlithe which would be insane :o

That is definitely fine.

Added you both.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Name:
    CDChaser
    Game:
    Pearl
    Normal/Hard/Insane:
    Normal
    Planned Team:
    Luxray + Rapidash

Adding you now.

I'll also do a quick update on my run.

I just defeated Roxanne with ease.

Current team: Level 16 Combusken.
    Level 13 Wingull. I'll do a real update later on as I progress more. I'm leaving soon anyways.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Name: ShadowGreninja (Shagren)
    Game: Pokemon SoulSilver
    Mode: Hard
    Planned Team: Xatu & Scizor (but will probably end up losing one/both of them along the way)

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    Update #1
    Twinleaf to Oreburgh
    Normal Mode​

Went through the intro and then choose Piplup as my starter
    Did the first battle then a while later battled Barry.
    After that I went to Sandgem town, got the pokedex and went through Lucas' tour, then bought a few pokeballs and went home to tell my mom.
    Next I went through Lucas' walkthrough of catching a pokémon
    I continued then caught myself a female Shinx that I named Artemis.
    I trained Artemis up from Level 3 to 8 then went through other battles to get to Canalave city.
    Went to trainers school, gave Barry the parcel and got a town map, then left and got myself the poketch.
    Left Canalave city and battled Barry, beat him easily and continued on.
    Lost to a battle with a trainers Kricketot because I wasn't paying attention, but won the next time around.
    Continued through Oreburgh gate and travelled to the gym, then went to the route above Oreburgh, and saved there.

Team:
    shinx-f.png

Artemis
    Shinx
    Level 13

Tackle
    Leer
    Charge
    Bite

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Small update for my Insane Ruby Randomized Challenge!

Spoiler:

That's it, that's all. About to reach Fallarbor currently. No deaths to my surprise.

Screenshot of the duet:
    Spoiler:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Just FINISHED my Insane Ruby Pair Challenge with Kingdra and Charizard! I had the Elite Four theme stuck in my head today, so I figured I get this Challenge done.

Spoiler:

Hall of Fame Shot
    Spoiler:

My Final Team
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Username: Orianna
    Game: LeafGreen
    Challenge Type: Normal
    Team:
    040.gif
    &
    036.gif

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    Update #2
    Coal Badge
    Normal Mode​

Also noticed I haven't been added to the Normal Challengers yet, just to note.

Ran around Route 206 before realising Ponyta was only there in Pokemon Platinum
    Talked to Barry then went into the mine to find Roark.
    Battled a bit and levelled Artemis up, to my surprise she evolved.
    Found Roark then went to the Pokémon centre to heal before taking on the gym.
    Beating it was easier than expected, thanks to Bites flinch effect and critical hits that helped me take down Cranidos in 2 hits.

Team:
    luxio-f.png

Artemis
    Shinx
    Level 17

Tackle
    Leer
    Charge
    Bite

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Update #2
    Coal Badge
    Normal Mode​

Also noticed I haven't been added to the Normal Challengers yet, just to note.

Ran around Route 206 before realising Ponyta was only there in Pokemon Platinum
    Talked to Barry then went into the mine to find Roark.
    Battled a bit and levelled Artemis up, to my surprise she evolved.
    Found Roark then went to the Pokémon centre to heal before taking on the gym.
    Beating it was easier than expected, thanks to Bites flinch effect and critical hits that helped me take down Cranidos in 2 hits.

Team:
    luxio-f.png

Artemis
    Shinx
    Level 17

Tackle
    Leer
    Charge
    Bite

Must've missed you, sorry!
    Adding you now! Good luck (:

Years
  • Update #1

2 badges obtained

Team:

Ivysaur (Venus), lvl 24

Moves:
    Razor leaf
    Leech seed
    Vine whip
    Poison powder

Ratticate (Remi), lvl 23

Moves:
    Hyper gang
    Quick attack
    Scary face
    Focus energy

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Well this seems like fun! c:

Name: Schizii
    Game: Leaf Green
    Planned Team if Normal/Hard: Vaporeon and Jolteon! <3

Added you to the list!
    Good luck!
    I guess you can hack in a Vaporeon and Jolteon since you wouldn't be able to get the stones until you could actually get an Eevee.

Back