• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most/Least Favorite Shiny Pokemon

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • We all know what a shiny Pokemon is. We all know they have a different pallet than normal Pokemon. I wanna know what everyone's favorite alternate colorations are!

For me it's all about Gyarados, Clauncher, and Breloom. What can I say? Red shinies look awesome.

My least favorite is Mewtwo. I just don't think green suits it very well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    My favorite shinies would have to be Inkay, Palpitoad, Yanma, and (Call me generic) Ponyta. They just look so yes.

Least favorite... I would have to say Electrode. The blue doesn't fit it well at all.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • My favorite shinies are Dewott, MegaAmpharos/Ampharos, Tyrantrum, Bisharp, MegaMedicham, Chesnaught, MegaVenusaur, Gigalith, Manectric, Whimsicott, Reuniclus...ahh I love so many.

My least favorite? Hacked Mews. Probably Tauros. It looks awful and Tauros deserves much better.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I'm a fan of black and silver shinies, such as Charizard, Ninetales, Eevee and Rayquaza. I also like Ditto, Mew, Magikarp, Rapidash and Suicune.

Least favorite is probably Espeon or Deoxys? I'm not all familiar with most shinies, so this could change. I'm not a fan of green Espeon nevertheless. :x

Years
  • Shiny Swellow is so pretty, I've wanted one since I saw Winona use it in the anime, ahh. Gardevoir is pretty high on that list too! c: Least favorite is Scizor, the green is ugly.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    FURRET. Shiny furret. Have you guys seen it? It's pink. So fluffy and pink and adorable, it's amazing.

tumblr_n30kpta6j51ttdkobo4_400.gif

That is my favorite shiny. I'm pretty sure. Though Cryogonal is also very cool (lol) with its orange chains instead of icy blue, like in the normal form. And there's of course Ponyta with blue fire being beautiful, and a few others.

Least fav... None in particular but probably one (or many) of the ones having a mainly yellow/green pallet in their shiny versions. It's just ugly :( or the ones just having a sliiightly lighter tint to their shade, like Charmander. What's even the point of calling it shiny and special if it's hardly different?

In any case, just moving this over to PP since it's a typical question for that section :3

-moved

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Oh right, I forgot about Gardevoir. That and Gallade are on the list too because they awesome in blue.

Sorry, I guess I assumed that Pokemon Polls was for stuff that actually had a poll on it haha. I'll remember next time then.

Years
  • Fave/Best:

376.gif
    - Well his live of evolution is always mentioned in such threads/videos, for good reason of course. It just looks freaking awesome.

250.gif
    - It's normal color palette is great and this one is even better.

006.gif
    - The sudden change from Charmander and Charmeleon being gold to this is awesome. In my opinion this one looks better than Mega Charizard X

Honorable Mentions
    Spoiler:

Least fave/Worst:

445f.gif
    - Yes it is a shiny.
    478.gif

094.gif
    - Not that noticable.

Honorable Mentions
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    Favourite shiny would have to be metagross because it looks so badass.
    Least favourite there isn't a specific one but right now i can only think of pikachu. I think its normal color palette is way better.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • 619.gif
    620.gif

both of those Pokemon above are my most absolute favorite shinies - with Mienfoo just love that cute blue fur it has, many times I wish the blue was the original and that red was shiny. Mienshao, just love that reddish/pink colored shiny fur.

Also love Minccino's shiny pink fur
    Have to agree with adventure above, Furret with pink fur just looks cute. Another of my favorites

least favorites? - not sure, have to look up some.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm a pretty huge fan of shiny Magikarp. It's a golden-colored fish, which, to me, seems pretty darn sweet. Do you know how much such a thing would worth in real life? By selling a Pokémon like this, you'd be able to get a hold of thousands of dollars instantly.

As far as least favorite goes, that probably has to be Gyarados. It was kind of forced onto us in second generation of games, which wound up ruining this Pokémon for me. If it weren't for that, I definitely would've loved it.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Favorite right now has to be Clamperl or Magnemite/ton
    clamperl.png

magneton.png

Don't care for the ones that look the same as their regular sprites, pretty much all the ones that RinYoga listed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2019
    I really love the look of shiny heatmor! Wish I could utilize one better competitively, everyone else I see that uses one uses it well but I can't seem to find a good place for it in a team and have it work decently. But I mean, he sure is neat to look at either way.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I've always loved black shinies as well, with Charizard being my favorite. The other ones I really like are Haxorus and Greninja.

I've said this before, but a lot of the shiny Legendaries look really off to me. There are some nice ones, like Rayquaza and Xerneas, but pink Kyogre and Green Mewtwo? Noo.

Years
  • In no particular order, Azumarill, Rayquaza, Charizard, Ninetales, Rapidash and Umbreon are some of my favorite shiny Pokemon. Basically, anything that has a shiny pallet that's vastly different from its normal form, I'm pretty happy with.

Least fav... None in particular but probably one (or many) of the ones having a mainly yellow/green pallet in their shiny versions. It's just ugly :(
    *looks at avatar*

We aren't friends anymore...

or the ones just having a sliiightly lighter tint to their shade, like Charmander. What's even the point of calling it shiny and special if it's hardly different?
    ...but that I definitely agree with. Especially being color blind, I always worry that one day I won't be paying attention when playing and come across a shiny without realizing it, and either KOing it or running away.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    *looks at avatar*

We aren't friends anymore...
    haha but I meant the yucky, radioactive looking ones! Azumarill is tastefully yellow and doesn't look unnatural or anything. It's really cute.

friends still?

Years
  • Those are my most favorite Shiny Pokemon ever.
    Spoiler:

And for the least favorite, I'd say Volcarona or Mewtwo, I just don't like that alternate colour.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Most shinies I'm not into.....except these ones:

282-m.png

612.png

649.png

My least favorites are the ones that don't look much different from the original form, like Garchomp, Gengar, etc. Oh, and Dragonite. That is such an ugly-ass green on it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Favorites:
    -Eevee (shame all of its evolutions except Glaceon look better when not shiny)
    -Aegislash
    -Haxorus
    -Rayquaza
    -Giratina
    -Gigalith
    -the whole Ralts line

So far of the Pokémon mentioned above I've owned Eevee, Ralts and Gigalith. Though I have'nt been able to get PokéBank (or whatever it's called) so Ralts and Gigalith are stuck in White 2.

Least Favorites:
    -Crobat
    -Gligar/Gliscor
    -anything that's hot pink as a shiny
    -Drifloon/Drifblim
    -anything that's barely different from the original. Especially Blissey because it was green as Chansey.

Despite owning a shiny Espeon I think normal Espeon looks far better. I just wanted to be able to say I have the shiny version of my favorite Pokémon.

Back