• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] 'Til Kingdom Come

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • 'til kingdom come

introduction.

Hi. I'm Charlie Brown. Honestly I've never actually made a gallery so I'm a bit nervous, but here we go. I've been making graphics using Gimp for about a year and a half, although in all honesty I don't make anything very often due to me just being busy. Nonetheless, I've made a few pieces that I quite like (although they pale in comparison to many of the more experienced artists here, of which there are many) so enjoy, I guess.

banners.

Demi:
    Spoiler:

Drifblim:
    Spoiler:

Jar of Hearts:
    Spoiler:

Suicune:
    Spoiler:

Quite This Loud:
    Spoiler:

Retro Dance Freak:
    Spoiler:

Jessie J:
    Spoiler:

Toy Story:
    Spoiler:

Will:
    Spoiler:

Kingdra:
    Spoiler:

Punchline:
    Spoiler:

icons.

Katy:
    Spoiler:

Superman:
    Spoiler:

Taylor:
    Spoiler:

Thanks for reading/viewing, guys. I'd appreciate feedback! (: Also, I do have a collection of photographs I've taken, so perhaps next weekend I'll upload some of them and add them to this post.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I haven't made graphics in quite awhile, so I apologize if something I say seems outdated. But moving on, what you have looks great! But there's a couple of things that really stand out to be problem spots in the entire array:

1. Is it... just me? A lot of your banners have very LQ stocks involved-- I'd recommend finding better quality stocks to use-- it really does make a huge difference in the end.
    2. Your text... sticks out a bit..... I'd recommend making an effort to try to integrate your text more with the rest of the tag, so that there's a sort of unity amongst all the features. The text standing out problem is particularly evident for me in your "Is Your Punchline Just a Joke" piece, in which it feels very out of place in terms of font, placement, and effects relative to the rest of the work.

I quite like your icons though-- and while the Taylor Swift icon is a tad bright, it's very beautiful. ^v^

Can't wait to see more, keep at it Charlie!

(Also, I very much like your thread title!)

Back