• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X2 and Y2 or Z?

Status
Not open for further replies.

大輔

Adventurer
Years
Ok, so I know this is a little early, but what do you think will happen for the third version of the game? Do you think they will do what they did for 5th gen and make 2 games... or make something like Z version to complete it in a trio set like the previous generations?

Years
This question would be really hard to answer at the moment. We don't know the storyline. All we pretty much no is that Team Flare like to make money, sell fossils, and that they specialize in Fire type Pokémon.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I honestly think they'll do the same as they did for Black and White, I wouldn't be surprised if that made them more money, and if it works, why change?

大輔

Adventurer
Years
I honestly think they'll do the same as they did for Black and White, I wouldn't be surprised if that made them more money, and if it works, why change?

Yeah I kind of think the same thing. They could've easily gone with Grey for BW but instead tried something completely different this time around. I guess it also has to do with what they are going for story wise. It sounds more like some sort of DNA reference since Yuevetal is the destruction pokemon and Xerneas represents life. So it would make sense for alternate story lines.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I think that after B2W2, they might want to try and continue doing something different. What exactly though? Not too sure. Maybe Z: Ruby and Z: Sapphire... hehe. :P :P

大輔

Adventurer
Years
Gosh danget... the more people reference the third generation, the more I cry inside for a ruby/sapphire remake ;-T

Reactions: JP

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I'm not sure if sequels will work.
Lets think about it what made BW2 feel like a sequel but also a new game?
To me it was the expanded Pokedex . Now the new areas the new gym leaders and new feature help but since BW only had unova pokemon BW2 having older pokemon made it more exciting and like a new game. Since it seems that the Kalos region will have a mix of pokemon I don't think sequels will have the same appeal

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I'm not sure if sequels will work.
Lets think about it what made BW2 feel like a sequel but also a new game?
To me it was the expanded Pokedex . Now the new areas the new gym leaders and new feature help but since BW only had unova pokemon BW2 having older pokemon made it more exciting and like a new game. Since it seems that the Kalos region will have a mix of pokemon I don't think sequels will have the same appeal

For me, the new story was enough to make BW2 interesting, considering I traded Pokémon over from my Black game to use in my main part as soon as possible, the extended pokedex wasn't the biggest thing.

Years
I'd much rather see sequel games again than a "third version". Marriland said he would never accept another Platinum or Emerald version again after B2W2, because they "go way beyond a simple remake". I can say the same, i'd rather see a story that connects with the original games than them using both legendary Pokémon to be entangled with a big one. Sorry if that's not clear V_V

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
If there is no reason to create sequels to X & Y, I wouldn't be surprised if Game Freak just jumped right into their next project. Just because a third version isn't as exciting doesn't mean that they have to make sequels. B & W had a huge sequel hook; it was obvious sequels were the best path to take. And the sequels turned out to be great, possibly even better than any game before it. But does that mean X & Y have to have sequels? Absolutely not! I'd rather they end the generation early than force out games that end up being sub-par because they want to start a tradition of creating sequels for each gen.

So would I rather have sequels or a third version? Neither. I'd rather have what works best with this gen. And it is way too soon to tell what that is. A third version that goes beyond what the previous ones have done, sequels, remakes in the form of sequels, a whole new gen...Whatever works best.

大輔

Adventurer
Years
If there is no reason to create sequels to X & Y, I wouldn't be surprised if Game Freak just jumped right into their next project. Just because a third version isn't as exciting doesn't mean that they have to make sequels. B & W had a huge sequel hook; it was obvious sequels were the best path to take. And the sequels turned out to be great, possibly even better than any game before it. But does that mean X & Y have to have sequels? Absolutely not! I'd rather they end the generation early than force out games that end up being sub-par because they want to start a tradition of creating sequels for each gen.

So would I rather have sequels or a third version? Neither. I'd rather have what works best with this gen. And it is way too soon to tell what that is. A third version that goes beyond what the previous ones have done, sequels, remakes in the form of sequels, a whole new gen...Whatever works best.

*sniff* such a beautiful speech... ;-;

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
I think they'll do a Z, to kick off the 3DS series as a trilogy like most of the games. Personally I think it shouldn't simply be called Z, but Zed, cause it sounds cooler. Hmmm...that gives me an idea for a third game in the ones I thought of....

The only reason they had Black 2 and White 2, was a split of Kyurem as the original Legendary, which became Reshiram and Zekrom. They don't have a third with Xerneas and Yveltal as far as we know. Of course there will be, most of them are Trinities since Gen 3. So it all depends on what the third is, if it starts with Z, then we can likely expect a Z game at a later date.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Ok, so I know this is a little early
Just a bit.

I'm going to close this - after a bit of discussion it seems that really all that this thread is about is speculating on a potential sequel or third-version game of a pair of games not out yet. There's nothing concrete to discuss. It's the same reason why we don't make a new gen section until they're actually announced and there's some stuff worth discussing. Let's just worry about the games that are going to come out soon first and speculate on that.

Heck, who says that we'll get them at all? Nobody expected B2W2 after all. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back