• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the pokémon BET (OOC)

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    You who have flying pokémon (or levitating, Shuppet counts), I was originally planning for this RP to not have flying pokémon taking on the bet, as they are free to fly pretty quickly across Hoenn anyways... so if you are going to play as Shuppet and Zubat, you'll have to tone down that and make them move about as slowly as the walking pokémon. Deal?

I'm so messy >.<

It's cool. Snyder will just sing to her hearts content and cause all the characters to go deaf. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Deal. It wouldn't be fun anyways if they did just fly it all the way. Deka will be so curious she would probably be behind. :cer_giggle:

It's cool. Snyder will just sing to her hearts content and causing all the characters to go deaf. :D

Good then!

Ashley would not tolerate anyone coming in front of her anyway~!

It's not a race xD Well, a race against time. But mostly it's DA BELIEVERS working "together" (or not) to somehow get through Hoenn. I'm not sure if I'll have Riesel moving slowly or fast... but he'll want to collect berries everywhere, so xD I love how all of our characters have crazy personal quirks. And there's a Feebas xD

I should have given myself the 'XD' emblem when I could. *checks* oh look, I did LOL

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • /Almost misread that as "BELIBERS" and I was like...what?

Anyway, yeah I know! Ashley will probably take her sweet time looking at flowers anyway~ <3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    omg the name of our PMD-like team shall now be DA BELIEBERS. /shot

Maybe I should stop SUs already since the five of us would make a neat crew? ^^ Remember that you can create an additional character if you want. It's mostly the number of PLAYERS I want to limit in RPs, not the number of characters as much.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    ugh too many good rps NEED TO GET OFFA MAH BREAK.

I'll just be putting this here and work on it now

Name: Chase

Pokémon Species: Charmander

Extra moves: Dragon Pulse, Thunder Punch

Any special appearance: Since Chase isn't one to stand out in a crowd, he's usually not wearing a lot of very flashy stuff or anything. He sticks to a simple red cloth tied around his neck most of the time. His whole skin is also slightly lighter compared to other Charmanders (not that he has met any other Charmanders). His eyes are also bright red, the color of the flame on his tail. He's also a bit taller than the other Pokemon of his species, standing at about 2'2". For some other important stuff, ever since Chase took on the challenge, he's started to make an habit of carrying around a bag with him as well, to store his belongings. His most precious belonging is definitely a Totodile tooth, which usually hangs on a necklace which he likes to wear.

Personality: Simply put, Chase is a brave little Charmander. He's cocky sometimes, and arrogant as well, he believes that mostly what he says is the correct thing. He is reasonable though, so if you're able to counter his argument with a logical answer, he might overturn his opinion but never admit it in public. As for his rather brave side, he's a really brave Charmander, and even though he's a young little Pokemon, he'll bravely stand up to any Pokemon , even if he/she is 10 times his size. Unfortunately, he isn't a very keen fighter, he'll fight only when it's necessary, and will back down if necessary as well. He believes in protecting the weak, and does not tolerate acts like bullying at all. But, because he isn't a keen fighter doesn't mean he isn't strong. He is about average, one might say, he might be able to take on a Nosepass and stand his ground.

As for relationships, he is guy who can make friends as easily as he can make enemies. While his "protecting the weak" kind of attitude does make him into a kind of hero for the younger, weaker Pokemon, his rather arrogant side does manage to tick some Pokemon off. When he develops a close bond with somebody though, he'll protect that person no matter what, and trust that person too, which may end up being a huge flaw for him as well. He picks his friends quite carefully for that very reason.

Even though he is a brave kind of guy, he does have a huge fear which he usually keeps hidden. It's a fear of humans. It's this kind of fear that caused Chase to stay in the forest at all times, and not ever venture out. Nobody knows about this fear yet, he doesn't like to admit it. He is also a Pokemon who will take on a challenge quite keenly, because he loves to push himself to his limits and explore new possibilities. This is one of the reasons he has taken on the challenge.

For his likes, he loves to make things burns. He maybe called a pyromaniac of sorts, but he isn't exactly one, since he only tends to do that absentmindedly when he is lost in thought, under stress, or just thinking about a plan (even though he is not very keen on making plans, he usually likes to leave that job to some other Pokemon). His dislikes obviously include bullying, and Pokemon acting like complete jerks (which is weird considering he acts like a jerk sometimes as well).

History: Little Chase was bred in Prof. Birch's lab just for the purpose to be given away to new young trainers. When he was just a new born baby, he used to love the idea of spending time with the human trainers. He would often peep into the Professor's home and watch these trainers on T.V. performing heroic acts with their partner Pokemon and form close bonds with them. Chase's eyes would glitter up when he saw this, and his dream at that point was to become a really good Pokemon and fulfill his Trainer's dream as well. Other than that, he used to spend a lot of time with the other Pokemon there, which was, a Totodile, and a Chikorita. The Totodile and Chase kind of had a little rivalry between the two of them, determined to become the first to be picked by a trainer.

All of this changed, after the Chikorita was picked first by a young kid, and Chase and the Totodile were left behind. While the two were happy for their friend, they soon saw what the kid did to the poor Chikorita. He would yell at her, scream, lock her in little cages, and do other mean acts. To a pair of young baby Pokemon, this was a very terrifying sight, as they saw the more darker side of the human trainers. Later on, one more trainer approached Prof. Birch to get his first Pokemon, and that is when Chase and Totodile tried to escape. The duo flooded the lab, and burned the equipment, and during the process one tooth of the Totodile fell off. Chase kept it, and while they were on the way to Littleroot forest to escape for good, the Totodile was captured by the trainer, but Chase managed to escape after breaking his Pokeball. While it hurt him to leave his friend behind, he had to leave, and he soon arrived in Littleroot forest where he begun his new life as a stray Pokemon.

His rather protective attitude about the weak Pokemon came when he saw the little defenseless Chikorita being abused, which had made him feel really bad about the weak Pokemon. His brave attitude was something he had had from the moment he was born, and had burnt off Prof. Birch's hair when he tried to approach Chase for the first time.

When the whole argument occurred, at first Chase was on the side of the Pokemon who wanted to live in the forest itself. But slowly, a thought occurred in his mind, what if it was possible? He took it on as a challenge, and slowly moved towards the side which supported the travel. Also, the thought that he would have to surrender to the trainers terrified him, he would rather take a chance with the travel and see the whole wide world he had seen so much on T.V. While he had changed sides, he will never admit it, and will always insist that he supported the travel because it was 'the natural choice'.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Hi hi I'm done my SU. I hope! /see I found a way around how a fish can travel on land; thank goodness for Extra Moves!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright, Roswell. You are accepted.

But I see that you are determined to stick to the game mechanics, regarding evolution and pokémon locations. Don't be, game mechanics are just that - a way to make the games possible and enjoyable instead of a mess of realistic stuff. But in many of the "pokémon worlds" we create when RPing, we can (and should, at least in my RPs) approach things differently. :3

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • omg the name of our PMD-like team shall now be DA BELIEBERS. /shot

Maybe I should stop SUs already since the five of us would make a neat crew? ^^ Remember that you can create an additional character if you want. It's mostly the number of PLAYERS I want to limit in RPs, not the number of characters as much.

So in that case...can I make a second character? I got a perfect idea for this one. :cer_evil: Will be the opposite of Shuppet though...almost...won't fly either, so I can get both experiences and stuff.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Otherworld - Yeah do so :3

I'll let DeepImpact post his SU, but I'll close the SUs after that, I think. Too many chefs make a bad soup.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Eh heh, does it really come off that way? XD; I swear it'll only be that way in the SU, though!

Ooh I'd like to make a second character too! 8D No it won't be a Magikarp, sorry ;;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Eh heh, does it really come off that way? XD; I swear it'll only be that way in the SU, though!

Ooh I'd like to make a second character too! 8D No it won't be a Magikarp, sorry ;;

@ Roswell - Dang it, I'd hoped for a Magikarp lol

Yeah, feel free to~ I might make another char soon as well.

I've already posted the IC thread btw. Now all depends on Skymin ;) but even if the thread does come up soon, don't start posting until I've made the intro post, please.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • That's all I got, I'll finish it up later. I need to go do chores and then I'll refill it.

Name: West
    Pokemon Species: Cacnea
    Extra Moves: Grasswhistle & Focus Punch

Any special appearance: West is is like any other Cacnea, except one obvious difference. Unlike other Cacnea, West has golden colored eyes. He's quite tall though, standing at 1 foot and 5 inches. On his back he has one extra spike potruding out, which makes him easy to identify from most other Cacnea.
    Spoiler:

Personality: West is a very humble boy, not talking back or rude at all. He doesn't talk unless spoken to, and doesn't mind being alone. He isn't shy at all, but is definitely afraid if everybody makes him leader. He places everybody's needs over his own, yet not as far as to a stranger. He's kind, obedient, and very hard worker. Due this however, he can be taken advantage of easily, and he's very observant. When it comes to danger, he remains calm and tries to solve the situation at hand.

He's utterly afraid of flying-types and heights, thus avoids them. He's a quick reflexer, and is a good fighter. He tries to stay on the positive side, but he has his negatives though. He does get angered like anybody else would. Once you're able to get him angry, he explodes and trash-talks back on the insulter, letting out the soup. He tends drift off to sleep, since he adores to sleep. Despite all this, he has a very poetic side and a passion for art.

History: West came from a western-like family. His father was a very hard working Cacturne, while his mother was a sweet Roserade. Both his parent shared one trait though: they utterly feared birds and heights. It's strange, yet it runs in the family. Another fact you wouldn't know is that Cacturne was a loyal pokemon to a faithful trainer named Went. He took care of Cacnea like his own, and named him West. The trainer took care of the three, feeding West and training both Cacturne and Roserade. However, it was until the trainer came back to his house in Littleroot that the tensions began. Went's father was quite a drinker, and snatched West out of his hands. He told the trainer how he could take care of his own pokemon, yet not care about his family. Whatever the fight was, it simply ended with West taken away. His parents never gave hope however, and fought back, yet Went took them into his pokeballs and left the house.

Betrayed by the trainer he loved dearly, the drunken father gave it to his spoiled son, who was, ironically, named West too. At first, it wasn't so bad, yet the human toddle was only 8 years old, thus not knowing the true way of the trainer. He gave poor Cacnea the harderst of duties such as learning moves that were impossible for a baby to master. Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, you name it. Soon, West grew tired of being pushed to his limits and ran off into the nearest forest, which was Littleroot Forest. He never saw his trainer, nor his parents, again. He grew hatred for the so called "adults" his original trainer would talk about, and hated the young human children as well. He was okay with the teen though, never having any troubles with them...but everything will change.

He settled in Littleroot Forest, yet was too new. Right after he settled, which took a week, a fight bursted out of the forest locals. Checking to see what was the fuss about, he realized about the bet they had made. He didn't care at first, knowing that those who didn't think pokemon could travel couldn't accept the fact they were simply afraid. One pokemon noticed him and demanded he gice them an answer, it took him a long while, yet he decided to join the side who had hope of traveling. He also thought that maybe, some day in this bet, he would maybe find his long lost trainer and see his parents again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh, I was thinking of Cacnea too xD but I'll take another pokémon. It's no fun with two of the same kind :3 You go do that. I'm making dinner as we speak. Smells lovely~

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Yaaaay my SU's done! 8D

Hope it's not very crazy or anything cuz it's like 12 am right now and I'm most probably spouting nonsense asdfasdf

Also, I have already planned out a second char :DDDD I think he's gonna act like a companion to Chase... maybe. :B Still need to decide that part xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Name: Blaze

Pokémon Species: Torchic

Extra moves: Overheat, and Flame Charge

Any special appearance: Blaze has a yellow body, and orange-reddish hair.
    She has a little mark on her body, that looks exactly like a flame, and when
    she gets angry, it lights up and gives her a big boost!

Personality: Very jolly, often explodes with exitement! She makes
    friends really quickly, the others said that she is very special, and
    she makes a giant smile when they say that. She can lose friends
    quickly too, although she quickly becomes friends with them again!

History: Actally, she doesn't originate from the Hoenn reigon, instead from a reigon called Sinnoh, at Sunnyshore City. One day, there was a ship, that was going to Hoenn. Blaze was only small, so she didn't know what it was... As the others walked in, she secretly snuck in, and hid in the ship. When they arrived at the Hoenn reigon, Blaze once again snuck out, and realized that she was in a completely different area, with different Pokémon. She sped through the path, until she got to a woods, by a town that read "Littleroot Town and Littleroot Woods". She found many other Pokémon, befriended them, and lived in the forest for years, maybe forever.
    She has lived there since!

She was listening to the bet, and thought "Maybe if I do the bet, I will come really popular, if I return!" And so, she accepted the bet!

Here is the 2nd Pokémon, her partner!

Name: Splabolty

Pokémon Species : Magnemite

Extra Moves : Thunder, Wild Charge

Any Special Apperance: For some reason, Splabolty is not it's normal colour, it is actually got a greyish-blueish colour. This is because Magnemite hatched underwater. Since it was born
    underwater, it could actually live unterwater, and stay unterwater for a unlimited time!

Personality: Again, Splabolty can make friends really quickly, so Blaze and it become friends very quickly. It gets excited pretty quickly, if it sees something it likes, or if it is bored. It is sarcastic, especially when it is annoyed. Italso shocks people around, just for fun!

History: Hoenn Scientists created an egg, that was going to be hatched into Magnemite, and used in the Power Plant. However, the egg rolled off, and rolled and rolled, not one person noticed it. Until it it reached a lake, and the egg sped into the lake, and never came out. However, after several hours, the egg hatched. Underwater. It was shocked, and recognized fish everywhere.It didn't know what to do, so it sat on the lake floor for a few hours. After them few hours, it recognized a bright light and swam up in the lake. it actually flew out, and recognized that it was blueish, maybe because of the lakewater. It flew, flew, flew until it came across a little woods and town called Littleroot. It happily flew in, and started making friends there. The local Pokémon sarted calling him Splabolty, and that became his name. He lived there for years up to now! When Blaze told him about the bet, he happily joined in!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Impact - nice, I think we'll need a character like that in the game. Accepted!

@ atif - unfortunately, sign-ups are closed for now. Check back later if anyone drops out (AS IF THEY DARE TO .... :3 ) Hint for future RPs though: use bigger text when you write, as I had trouble reading your SU now. Also, the personality section is a bit too short and shallow for this RP, since I wanted a detailed one. Just so you know a few things you could improve if you sign up in another RP :]

My second character~! Not finished. Actually I think I'll wait with using Kuma... I'll start with just Riesel.

Spoiler:

Name: Kuma
    Pokémon Species: Cubchoo
    Extra moves: Sleep Talk, Shadow Claw

Any special appearance: The remarkable thing about this Cubchoo is that Kuma doesn't have the snot hanging that every other Cubchoo has from their nose. Now, this is what's said to provide the raw material for Cubchoo's ice attacks, but Kuma manages to pull them off well anyways. Maybe that's got to do with her passionate spirit? She's also got a tuft of hair on her head, but other than that she looks nothing special. She looks kind of like the image, but without the snot and with an angrier face.

Personality: Kuma is a battler. She always thinks about new strategies or ways to endure more damage in battles. She doesn't back away from a challenge unless she thinks the opponent is unworthy. She can come across as constantly angry if you don't know her, since her eyes almost always have an angered look about them.

History: Kuma was born from an egg that some pokémon found in the Littleroot forest. It was unknown how it got there. A Linoone took care of her and became her father. He was kind and loving and tried to teach her about being nice to other pokémon. She listened to him, but something in her wanted to... fight and battle. She sometimes ended even smaller arguments with fights when she was little, and Linoone scolded her for it, but couldn't stay angry with her for long. Now she's a bit older and knows when to start a fight and when not to. But she still loves to battle and often train against anyone who's willing to spar. She has a few friends who loves to battle as well, but they don't have the burning passion for it as she has. She doesn't see herself as a leader type, as all she wants is to take care of herself and hone her claws, and not take care of others. Linoone has scratched his head in confusion many times at his daughter's strange behavior. He guessed that she really came from some clan of Beartic and Kumashun far away, where battling was in their blood. Kuma loved to hear him say that. It made her feel special and as if battling was an ok habit of hers.

In the great argument that led up to the bet, Kuma didn't try to participate at first. She let the arguing pokémon who had a real opinion argue, and she didn't care much. Until her friends came up to her and told her to support them when they said that Littleroot Forest was the best place to live in. Then she thought of something. She wasn't from here... She belonged to a clan of Beartic warriors somewhere far away. That's what she believed. And she loved to battle and if she accepted the bet, she would get to train and battle pokémon all over Hoenn. It was a too great opportunity to miss out on. So Kuma went against her friends and told them that she would face at least one strong pokémon in every part of Hoenn she reached, and then come back to tell them the tales of her victories. Her friends laughed, but at the same time they knew she was strong...

Last edited:
    Back