• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads ; A Johto Story (OOC/SU) old thread

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
hoo_zps5da06278.png
Crossroads ; A JOHTO STORY
You wake up in your home in Cherrygrove City, Johto. This is the day when the resident pokémon researcher, professor Pine, has promised to give you a rare pokémon and a pokédex in return for your participation in her study. The study basically involves training your given pokémon and reporting any successes or oddities back to the professor. Since it's tradition that most kids take a leave from school to go on a pokémon journey once they become teenagers, this was the perfect opportunity to do so.

The truth is... dark powers lurk in Johto these days. A criminal organisation called Team Rocket is creeping into higher and higher ranks in the pokémon world, and they seem difficult to stop. Money is power in this world. However, an underground organization opposing TR has formed, and they are doing everything they can to mess up TR's business.

Is there a link between professor Pine's study and Team Rocket? Will you take on the gym challenge, or maybe focus on seeking out the brewing corruption around Johto? Will your pokémon partner become your strongest champion, or will you gather a large team of pokémon to grow as a trainer and as a human being? So many questions. And even more answers.

The world of pokémon lies ahead. Step into your very own adventure!
Currently, no spots are open.​

the workings of the RP

Areas will be presented as chapters, and each chapter will give you options on what events or missions to undertake. You will not be able to do them all, so the main game lies in choosing the events that will shape your character and the adventure to your taste. There will also be setting descriptions and lists of pokémon available for capture.

Players choosing the same events should do them together. This is to make the RP enjoyable for you so that you won't have to write on your own, and also to avert story troubles. Player interaction can be done through joint posts, which can be created by sending a PM back and forth and building onto the text until a story worthy of a post has been made - OR by using titanpad! You may of course also take turns posting directly in the IC thread if you prefer that. If the players wish so, the GM can control NPCs sometimes.

Levels are handed out by the GM whenever you finish an event. Levels are earned from descriptive battles and as bonus points for well-made event-related posts. Rest assure I won't judge writing quality like spelling and grammar. If you don't have time to write a whole chapter at once, split it up into several posts over time.

When capturing pokémon, you do not have to wait for approval. You may battle wild pokémon or befriend them, and you may trade with other players and with NPCs. NPCs will only trade you pokémon that were available in previous chapters though! Available wild pokémon, their level and attacks will be in the chapter description.

Just so you know... The events of Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver have not occured in this pokémon world. The story of this RP will sort of replace the game canon, just so we're all in the clear about that ;)​

starter pokémon

The pokémon you receive from professor Pine will start at level 5. Reserve one in your SU. And yes, they will be shiny colored. That's part of the weirdness about them. And they will get even weirder as the RP goes on... Dare you discover why?
152.png
155.png
158.png

650.png
653.png
656.png

Chespin is taken by Doctor.
Cyndaquil is taken by Sir Bastian.
Chikorita is taken by Alby4t5.
Totodile is taken by Greiger.
Froakie or something similar is taken by Raikiri.
Fennekin is taken by a little wooly piece of steam.​

rules

1 - Follow all the PC and Roleplay Corner rules.

2 - The rating is T. I don't see a reason to describe battles, romance or injuries with more detail than this rating will allow. You are free to describe pokémon battling in a way you feel comfortable with, but things should be closer to the anime's style than to a bloody war or real life streetfight.

3 - Be polite and nice OOC. I have the final word on everything, for the sake of organisation.

4 - Reservations only lasts for ~1 day, unless you have a good reason for needing more time. If you want in, make an effort to create a character you feel you can play as for some time, but don't drag things out! Hence the short reservation time.

5 - A word of caution: don't join if you don't enjoy writing about pokémon trainers, or if you are not prepared to write on a regular basis. As most events will require you to post together with others, it's a shame if you leave them waiting for too long :(​

Name: (up to your imagination)
Age: (13-16, normally you are a young teenager when you leave on first journey and those were the kind of people professor Pine wanted for her study)
Starter: (type here what starter you'd like from the list above, and write an egg or TM move you'd like it to know as well!)

Appearance: (what kind of face, body and hair does your character have? What do they wear on the journey? If you put up a picture it will probably be enough, but if I for some reason want more description, I'll let you know)

Family: (how and with whom does your character live?)
Goals and interests: (list, and explain if you want, some things your character likes to do in their free time. Dreams and aspirations should be listed as well)
Rival: (optional! give your character some kind of rival! Either a trainer to encounter now and then on your journey, or a rival in another sense. Please also write a bit about how your character knows the rival, maybe some history between them)

Strengths: (what is your character good at? What are the positive sides of their personality?)
Weaknesses: (what are your character's fears? What are they bad at? What are the negative sides of their personality?)

Roleplay sample: (can either be something new featuring your character, or a recently made post from another RP that shows how you are planning to write in this RP)​

player list

Aberdeen - played by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers Doctor :D

Christina - played by Sir Bastian

Melody - played by Alby4t5

Blaine - played by Greiger

Vincent - played by Raikiri

Sarah - played by WooliestSteam1​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
aberdeen_zps77bf013c.png

chocola_zpsjgbysgtd.png
whismur_sprite.gif
honedges.gif
054_psyduck.gif
180.gif
Dratini_revamp_by_kawaiiusa_chan.gif

Name: Aberdeen Montany
Starter: Chespin, with Synthesis

Family: Aberdeen lives in Cherrygrove with his parents. His two years older sister, Anabel, died in an accident involving pokémon a couple of years ago and Aberdeen has seemingly managed to get over it by not being as touchy and sensitive anymore. He used to be a bit of a crybaby, while Anabel was the tough kid. Now he's taken on some of her personality, more or less subconsciously. Ab's father works in a flower shop and his mother works as a nurse at the Pokémon Center. They have one pokémon partner each, Sunflora and Wigglytuff with whom Ab grew up, but they aren't trainers.

Goals and interests: Aberdeen has lived a fairly normal and easy life and has a couple of great friends but also nowadays people who find him annoying at times. This is because he changed when his sister died and became more extrovert and reckless. His main goal with this journey and why he was so willing to accept a pokémon from Pine and do the study, is that he wants to take chances, take risks and experience things. He wants to do the things others wouldn't, he wants to be that crazy, daring person. Because his sister, despite being a tough girl in her own right, never really took any risks and preferred to be smart and play things safe... and that didn't do her any good in the end. Aberdeen refuses to end his life like that too. He will take on the gym challenge because it seems hard, but he isn't completely focused on challenging every trainer he sees or capturing every pokémon he encounters. Becoming the greatest pokémon trainer is the goal of so many kids nowadays; he'd rather become the greatest human being.

Rival: His sister's childhood friend, Rachel, is one year older than Aberdeen. Ever since Anabel passed away, Rachel has been different too. She has spoken about leaving on a pokémon journey, but she doesn't need to take part of some study to do so. She already owns a pokémon. Aberdeen has always looked up to her and hopes that he'll meet her now and then on his journey, since they're leaving at the same time, but he's somewhat anxious about her turning out more successful than him.

Strengths: Ab can surprise others by thinking out of the box or doing seemingly crazy spur-of-the-moment things. When offended or outsmarted, he seems to lack a proper sense of pride since he'd admit that he was wrong rather easily. Not easily confused; sees what's important, at least to him right there and then. As such, he is quick thinking in the heat of things but not always the wisest when it comes to big, important decisions. In general, he comes across as outgoing and cheerful. He is also pretty unselfish most of the time, unless he is feeling really impatient.

Weaknesses: Sort of impatient and reckless, stemming from his wish to accomplish something and take risks in life. Doesn't like contemplating things, so can make decisions a bit too quickly sometimes. Contemplation makes people depressed or grumpy, according to him, so if he notices that someone else is like that, he'll feel uneasy. Mostly only afraid of ghosts and anything that's got to do with death (because of his sister being dead and him being a fan of the supernatural after all) but that can make him pretty faint-hearted. Rather physically weak!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Reserved! Make sure to get your SU up before too long.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Sorry but I wanted Froakie not Fennekin. Could you add that part. Just to make sure you're not angry or anything here are some cookies:

cookies.jpg

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
No worries. You wrote Fennekin but it's okay to change your mind as long as no one else has grabbed Froakie!

Nom cookies.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I would like Totodile reserved. Currently sick at the moment, very much so, so I'll be getting my SU up eventually.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I really hope you feel better soon. Don't stress yourself. Totodile is reserved :)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
God damn you, Red. Here I am, just minding my own business, and then you make an actually interesting Journey RP. I've never been a big fan of them, for RP's sake, since it always feels like you're just writing a one-man story, but your idea of having events per chapter that people are going to do together... kind of removes that part of my thoughts of RPs such as this.

I'm VERY tempted to ask you for a reservation with Cyndaquil, but... I don't know if I should. I'd feel awful if I had to drop out. Damn you, Red :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Bastian, while RPers leaving is the saddest thing, I hope this won't be as aimless as some other journey like RPs have been. So maybe you will find it enjoyable enough to stick around :3 I'm reserving Cynda for you, so take a day to consider it and see if you can come up with a character you're comfortable with?

Alby4t5, Chiko is reserved for you! I don't believe I've seen you around, are you in any other RPs?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Aha! You'll have to forgive me, as SE hasn't started yet, I haven't checked back every day. But it would be fun if we were a bunch of people playing both RPs parallel :)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alright, so... when Red replied to my indecisiveness, I was already over halfway done with this <_< What can I say? There's potential to stay away from an "I don't know what to post D:" feeling here, with the new system Red's putting in play with the events and stuff. Anyways, here's my SU, and if anything needs changing, do let me know :3

Oh, and... I clearly stole the image from somewhere on DA, and I'm very sorry for that, but I prefer it when I have something visual to go with the character xP

Ani155MS.png
Christina Langley - Langley Residence

Name: Christina Langley

Starter: Cyndaquil, Extrasensory

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Christina is generally as she looks in the picture, albeit she usually carries her bag with the strap on the opposite shoulder, she doesn't have those odd appendages around her wrists (Though she does still wear the gloves), and she doesn't have the chains coming off of her belt.

Family: She lives with her father, her mother travelling overseas very often, due to her being employed on the S.S. Aqua as a chef. She also used to live with her brother, Marcus, who's two years older than Christina, and left on his Pokémon Journey when he was sixteen, three years ago. The Langley family live in a moderate, two-story house near the outskirts of the town with a broken-down playground not too far away from where they live.

Goals and interests: Christina wants to, in the end, become even more famous than her brother. She has no idea how to do this, or what exactly it is she wants to –do- to become famous, but a Pokémon Journey, for her, is about bonding with your Pokémon and, most of all, discovery. Both of the personal and the worldly kind. So she figures the Journey is a great place to start looking for answers to the questions she's asking herself, not bothered by the fact that her goal more or less just spurred from her brother teasing her relentlessly since they were little.
She greatly enjoys the ideas of adventure and exploring and, unlike most kids, had a very mixed childhood of both playing video games, and roaming the forest's edge around the town they lived in. She was fascinated with the idea of finding new areas of the woods that nobody had been to before, to map it out and set up a little camp and afterwards, fight off pretend-monsters and evil Pokémon. She enjoys music a lot and isn't afraid of showing it with a bit of dancing or humming along if she knows the song and it's played loud enough. Another thing to note is that she loves swimming, bathing and sailing, thanks to her mother's early influence on her, and she won't shy away from taking a dip in a lake, should she come across one.

Rival: You –could- say that Christina's older brother Marcus, is sort of a rival to her. She always had to hear about how Marcus was insanely popular with the girls, and he constantly belittled her, picking fun at her whenever he could, though in a… brotherly sense. The fact that he left on his journey before her and he's older than her, as well as the fact that he's started becoming a somewhat well-known Pokémon battler on TV, secretly makes Christina want to do ten times better than Marcus, though she'd never admit that to anyone.

Strengths: Christina is a very go-and-get-'em type person, meaning that she likes to tackle her problems head on, rather than wait around and try and think of some other solution. She can be very feisty, but at the same time, very cheerful and happy, and despite any first impressions that would hint towards a tomboy, she's definitely not afraid of showing her more feminine side either. Due to her 'adventuring' and running around in early childhood and even as she grew up, she's become a rather agile person as well, though not very strong, she's definitely quick on her feet.
She cares a lot for her friends and those around her, believing in fairness and fighting for those who can't fight for themselves. However, if her friends or people close to her are in danger, her attitude changes from her usually feisty mannerisms, to a more cautious one, which makes it clear that she would blame herself if something were to happen to them while in her presence.

Weaknesses: Despite her love of the waters and seas, Christina is still deathly afraid of drowning, even more so than most people. Should she be on a bridge or a boat that she starts sensing is about to sink, or a scenario like it, she'll panic and freak out. As such, she's also very afraid of underwater Pokémon and certain fish, which is also a reason as to why she would never ever touch any kind of seafood (Though she claims it's because they have the most horrid stink).
While she's very spunky and can be very 'Take charge', this also words as a double-edged sword, as she can be very stubborn, both in her actions and her point of views, though usually it's more the latter than the first. Her adventurous mind and her willingness to charge into situations along with her natural curiosity, also often lands her in trouble or bad situations, which, in some cases, could be argued that she sort of asked for. She's also not very fond of insects or 'creepy-crawlies' of any kind, though this is not to the point that her fear of underwater 'mon stretch. It's more the 'Stay at a distance and watch them burn with glee' sort of situation.

Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Moahaha, dis be irresistible.

Accepted with a golden star, Sir. Welcome to the RP!

Note that the first chapter of the RP will be on Route 30, north of Cherrygrove. This is mainly because I think starting in the town in past RPs has given them such a slow start, writing about meeting the professor and getting the pokémon etc etc so let's kick it into higher gear immediately ;) You are of course free to recap or give your character's thoughts from this in your first posts, though.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Sweet, sounds good to me :3 and thank yas! Looking forward to this! Oh, and you go ahead and choose the gender for Christina's Cyndaquil, I'll work around it :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh. I think Cynda is an equally cool pokémon as female or male, but make it a female then because beautiful~

Spoiler:

idk

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
XD Alright, you've convinced me, we'll make it a female.

Now we just need more people! Oh, and we're only having 6 journey... ers, right? Since there's only six starters? *Not a fan of too huge RPs*

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
90523154-c247-4c22-ba55-6f773e44c39e_zps30f12d10.jpg

Name: Melody Hughes

Starter: Chikorita (Female, yes?), Refresh

Appearance: Melody's appearance is pretty similar to that of her picture up above. She is a bit short for her age, standing at 4'9". Because of this, Melody often gets people to confuse her for being a few years younger than she actually is. Due of her tomboyish nature, she tends to avoid wearing more girlish colors such as pinks and purples and wear shorts as opposed to skirts and dresses. When traveling, she keeps all her items in a dark green backpack which she wears off her left shoulder.

Family: Melody lives with hermother and older sister. Her mother makes a living working as a nurse within Cherrygrove's Pokecenter. Her older twin sister, Emily, decided not to embrace the life of a Pokemon trainer. Rather, she decided to finish schooling and then study to become a teacher herself. Melody's father, Cliff, used to live with the family as well. However, since her father is a Pokemon trainer himself. The man had began his career as a trainer at the age of 15 years old, much like Melody is now. However, he rarely stops by home, which leaves a noticable void in the family's lives. The family makes its home in a quaint, little house close by the Pokemon Center where Melody's mother works.

Rival: Melody considers her father to be her rival. Always hearing stories from both her mother and her sister about his talents and adventures, Melody has found herself realizing that her pining for a Pokemon journey of her own stems from those stories she heard growing up as a child. She has accompanied her family to see some of his battles. He has even ventured to Indego Plateau on numerous occasions to take on the Elite 4 challenge. While Cliff has never actually managed to battle and win against the Champion, he has won various awards and tournaments within the Johto region. This has made him fairly well-known in the region. Melody has always felt a slight anger at her father's way of living. While she has no disrespect for the man's life as a trainer, she feels that Cliff has essentially abandoned his family, letting his fame and reputation.

Goals and Interests: Melody has always dreamed about embarking on a Pokemon journey of her own. Facing trainers in epic battles, meeting and forming an unstoppable team of Pokemon, traveling across Johto and seeing all the region has to offer... The girl wants to experience it all. As she grew up, Melody began to find another desire building into her dreams of a career as a trainer: finding and confronting her father. The girl feels that she would only be a successful trainer if she is able to meet her father and defeat him properly in a Pokemon battle. Because of this, she has made it her goal to surpass him in skill and while keeping her family close, instead of abandoning them as he did.

Strengths: A generally positive thinker with energy to spare. Melody is one to approach every challenge with a smile and a will to never give up, no matter how difficult it may seem. Melody is generally a very friendly girl, always willing to greet everyone with a smile and lend an ear to anyone who may need it. A tomboy by nature, Melody always spent a good deal of time outside playing games like baseball instead of playing with dolls and the like. Because of this, she prides herself on being tough and a bit stronger than most girls her age.

Weaknesses: Because of her hyper active tendancies, Melody often has a hard time managing to keep quiet and still at points. This has been a problem for her as long as she can remember, often getting her into trouble when she was in school for not being able to keep still during class. She also has a habit to start rambling away while talking, letting her imagination get the best of her as she lets the endless possibilities of something run through her mind. Always one to be a bit on the clumsy side, sneaking about is not her strong suit by any means. Melody is absolutely terrified of heights.

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Interesting character! Somewhat similar to Christina, with the tomboyish style and active and eager personality and also an older family member already being successful as your rival. But Melody is afraid of heights and Christina is afraid of drowning ^^ Also, Aberdeen's mother also works at Cherrygrove's pokémon center, so maybe the two can be aquainted and Melody and Aberdeen could have met now and then as they were growing up? Maybe they won't really be friends, they will just recognize each other when they meet.

All in all, I'm sure our characters will be different enough when we get started on the RP, even though there are some similarities in the SUs. It's no big deal, I always loved to play as cheerful and energetic character rather than calm and dark ones, haha.

Alby4t5, you are accepted. Welcome!

Something I might need to say. At the start of the RP, you'll only have pokéballs, pokédex and necessary stuff like food and extra clothes with you. No tents or something like that, sleeping bag is okay to bring though. You'll receive many special and helpful items over the course of your journey. If you want to buy or obtain other medicines than potions, berries and simple cures (poison heal, paralyze cure, awakening, stuff that only heals one specific thing), ask me beforehand. Some things, such as Full Restore and Revive are rare in this RP and can't be bought everywhere.

So now we wait for Greiger to get healthier and TD to bring his SU to the scene. If their SUs are allright (I don't doubt it!) we only have Fennekin left.

Last edited:
Back